Little Sister’s First Trip to the World! – PTR February 2013

Hi! Coming over from Marshay's TR! I wanted to come visit a fellow Northern VA'er! Have a fantastic time on your trip! Definitely going at a great time since the weather is getting cold again here!

As for recommendations for quick service at HS, if you like sandwiches I would say Starring rolls as their sandwiches are huge but they really don't have anything to offer for the kids. And make sure you get DH to make a mad dash to sign up for Jedi training with DS in tow as my friend who did this is October said it fills up really fast and she was there at park opening and didn't get a time slot until around 4.

Can't wait to hear about your trip and how the surprise goes. We are planning on surprisiign our kids with our trip this summer but I haven't figured out how to yet.

Hi! Coming over from Marshay's TR! I wanted to come visit a fellow Northern VA'er! Have a fantastic time on your trip! Definitely going at a great time since the weather is getting cold again here!

As for recommendations for quick service at HS, if you like sandwiches I would say Starring rolls as their sandwiches are huge but they really don't have anything to offer for the kids. And make sure you get DH to make a mad dash to sign up for Jedi training with DS in tow as my friend who did this is October said it fills up really fast and she was there at park opening and didn't get a time slot until around 4.

Can't wait to hear about your trip and how the surprise goes. We are planning on surprisiign our kids with our trip this summer but I haven't figured out how to yet.

:welcome:

I am very excited about leaving the cold NoVA weather!

Thanks for the DHS tips. Especially the Jedi Training tip. I may have them run over to sign Alex up for that while Maddie and I grab some fastpasses for Toy Story Mania.

How did your daughter do on your last trip? It looks like she is not much older than my daughter. Maddie is getting a little bit more challenging the older she gets, so I'm hoping we don't have too many meltdowns on this trip. She has been a decent traveler in the past, but we haven't gone anywhere since she started walking. I'm a little worried about her and the hotel room. She gets into everything and tries to climb anything!

Can you believe we're leaving in TWO days?! Pretty much down to hours now...it's SO crazy. It looks like the weather is going to be amazing, too!

Can you believe we're leaving in TWO days?! Pretty much down to hours now...it's SO crazy. It looks like the weather is going to be amazing, too!

I can't believe our trip is so soon!!! Weather is looking perfect (knock on wood!) I am SO EXCITED!!! Trying to remain calm. :cool1:

So much to do before we leave on Saturday! We have about 29 hours until we leave the house for the airport (not that I'm counting down or anything :rotfl:).

I've been spending the past hour and a half working on a video slideshow for Alex. I'll be posting a link to that when I'm done. Hopefully it will go over well!

A week from today we'll be spending some more time at Epcot (I love :love: Epcot, can you tell?) I've also made note to take some time to go back to DHS if there are things that we missed on Sunday (or things we want to do again). Maybe we'll walk around The Boardwalk this day or take a trip to Downtown Disney.

We have a dinner reservation at Boatwright's Dining Hall at POR and after dinner I would like to stop at the River Roost Lounge to see Ye Haa Bob perform for a bit.

Just had to pop in wish you safe travels tomorrow! Hope the video slideshow goes/went well for Alex!

Can't wait to hear about how your trip goes. Have fun!

I am FINALLY finished with my video slideshow for Alex. You can see it here: http://youtu.be/X--wVKNFiOE.

I hope he likes it!

Can't believe that 24 hours from now we will probably be on the Magical Express!!!!!

A week from today will be our last full day. :( We'll be spending time at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.

We will also be heading over to Fort Wilderness in the evening for our ADR at Trail's End Restaurant.

Then Saturday we will spend some time in Epcot. We booked a late flight, so we should have a good portion of the day to spend in the park.

This trip I'm hoping to take lots of pictures - I will probably be Instagramming our trip (my username is jordana21 if you'd like to follow me there).

Happy planning everyone! I hope to be starting my trip report when I return next weekend!

Have a fantastic trip!

My daughter is 20 months, oh wait she will be 21 months on the 3rd! She does well traveling as she is quite accustomed to it. We have to make a lot of long trips to see family.

Off to watch the video and follow you on instagram!

You must be on your way now - have a fantastic trip! Cute kids - love the Halloween costumes! Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back! :)

We are here and on Day 3 of our trip! Having a great time so far. Alex was able to do Jedi Training yesterday and had a blast. We decided to sleep in this morning and stay at the hotel until it's time to leave for our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 11.

The weather has been great and the crowds seem heavier than my last two trips, but they still aren't too bad.

Glad to hear you are having a good trip!

How did the sign up go for Jedi Training? Mad rush or reasonable? What time slot did he get.? Happy he enjoyed it!

Is your little girl loving everything?

Have fun at 1900 PF!

Glad to hear you are having a good trip!

How did the sign up go for Jedi Training? Mad rush or reasonable? What time slot did he get.? Happy he enjoyed it!

Is your little girl loving everything?

Have fun at 1900 PF!

Oh my goodness, the sign up for Jedi Training is intense! We did it on Sunday and then on Thursday. You MUST get there at park opening, but earlier is better. We got to the park gates about 8:45 on Sunday, and then on Thursday we got there right about 9. What a difference those extra 15 minutes made. We did get a slot both times, but when we got there at 9, they were probably about 80% full by the time we got to the front of the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter