Little ones on the AquaDuck

shandrananette

Mouseketeer
We measured our son yesterday and he's now half an inch taller than needed to go on the AquaDuck (and he's got another three months to grow)! Very exciting.

He's tall for his age though - he'll turn four on the cruise - and I'm wondering about other folk's experience with younger ones on it. Too scary? We've been watching videos of it on YouTube to help him understand what it is. I know it's totally dependent on children's temperament, but just curious as to your experience.

And yes, he's 100% potty trained and therefore otherwise eligible.

The Aquaduck is a very fun ride, but it is very tame. My 6 year old loved it. Watching videos before we went, my two older sons thought it was going to be a wild ride and they found out it really wasn't. That didn't stop them, though. They still rode it over and over!

When you get to the pool deck you will see the ride and he can tell if he wants to ride it or not.

The Aquaduck is a very fun ride, but it is very tame. My 6 year old loved it. Watching videos before we went, my two older sons thought it was going to be a wild ride and they found out it really wasn't. That didn't stop them, though. They still rode it over and over!

:thumbsup2

He won't be able to ride alone so at least he'll have that comfort. But yes, it is very tame, and my 10 year old was disappointed that it wasn't more wild.

Hi, I've noticed on some videos that they have a 2 person float. So maybe someone can ride with him?

Hi, I've noticed on some videos that they have a 2 person float. So maybe someone can ride with him?

Yes. The floats hold two people. Under a certain age/height they have to ride with someone. I don't know the actual requirements off the top of my head but my 11 year old could ride alone, my 8 year old couldn't ride alone, but could ride with his older brother. My 6 year old had to ride with an adult.

The ride is very slow. The less weight on the float, the slower it goes so with a small child in the front it shouldn't be too much for him.

From the DCL website:

Riders should note that:

AquaDuck is designed for adults and children at least 42" or taller
Single riders must be at least 54" or taller
Children under 7 must ride with someone 14 years of age or older, provided the child is at least 42" tall
No snorkel equipment or swim goggles are allowed in the pool

The 2 small drops are the most "intense" (if you can even call it that) parts of the ride. It is a very docile ride for the most part.

My daughter went on when she was 4.5 for the first time and loved it! The child sits in front so you can wrap your legs around their body for extra sense of security for them! It's not scary at all though. The scariest part is the concept of riding inside that clear tube. My daughter was afraid she wouldn't be able to breathe in it! I had to explain that there are tiny holes all throughout it so you don't have to hold your breath the whole time ! Lol

My daughter will be 4 1/2 when we sail and I'm crossing my fingers that she will be tall enough to ride!!

It is definitely fun. My DD absolutely loved it! She was 5yo at the time. The only warning I have is that the adult needs to get out first, and then help the child out of the float. My DD was so excited to get out and go again that the current literally swept her off her feet! Ugh! Luckily, the CM was paying close attention & jumped in, and I was able to get to my feet quickly so that both of us were able to grab her, but whew, it got my heart racing. My DD waited in the tube every time after that! Have fun & be safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter