Little Mermaid

It's small but look how gorgeous the cover is going to be!!! I'm so excited!!

littlemermaid.jpg

October 3rd! October 3rd! :banana:

OMG, I literally jumped and screamed when I saw this :banana:
I absolutely Love the Little Mermaid :worship:
Thank You for the info

It's about time!!!!!!
Thanks for the heads up.
And.....what's the REAL story with the first edition's video cover anyway?

Can't wait... Little Mermaid was my favorite movie and I am so excited to buy it for DD. I hope she loves it as much as i do! :sunny:

Way Cool! One of my favs as well, man are our future kiddos going to be spoiled. I've bought every Disney movie thats come out on DVD in the past five years. They'll have a room full...lol! I'll be there the day it comes out knocking on the door. =o)

I'm soooo happy to hear that! DD7 is so into Ariel, hopefully they'll have a lot of ariel stuff come out like they did Cinderella stuff this year :goodvibes
As a matter of fact, DD7 and DD10 are having a "mini sleepover" in DD10's room, watching some of Little Mermaid 2, DD7 has 4 of her Ariels in the bed with them!
Ought to go check on them though......it's awfully quiet up there.
Thanks for the Heads Up on this info :goodvibes

:tink: Y A Y!!! My DD3 LOVES Fish-fish (what she calls Ariel..lol. started when she was 2). Like the previous poster said, I hope they put out some nice Ariel items this year. I'm really hoping for one of the fleece blankets from Disney Direct with Ariel. My DD6 has one with 3 princesses princess: and her name on it, but DD3 loves Ariel so much she doesn't want anyone but her! Can't wait! :woohoo:

MickeyP said:
It's about time!!!!!!
Thanks for the heads up.
And.....what's the REAL story with the first edition's video cover anyway?

I can answer this, because I actually OWN one!
The first edition cover... well, the castle has a defect..... if you look.. and not too closely by the way.... you can tell that it indeed is not a castle, but a giant (you insert the word).

It is SOOOOO obvious once you see it.
Once discovered, the VHS went into moratorium.... thus, it was very rare early on.

I have been offered $50.00 for the cover and tape, but I am keeping it, for some reason.
(and yes, I will buy it on DVD!)
Catrin

Catrin said:
I can answer this, because I actually OWN one!
The first edition cover... well, the castle has a defect..... if you look.. and not too closely by the way.... you can tell that it indeed is not a castle, but a giant (you insert the word).

It is SOOOOO obvious once you see it.
Once discovered, the VHS went into moratorium.... thus, it was very rare early on.

I have been offered $50.00 for the cover and tape, but I am keeping it, for some reason.
(and yes, I will buy it on DVD!)
Catrin

I own it too, the only reason I didn't sell it is because it's not worth the effort on ebay.
There are tons on ebay right now if you want one MickeyP- they are going for little money or not at all: http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...atitle=little+mermaid+banned+cover&category0=

Here's the real story: http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/mermaid.htm

Just a coincidence that people won't let die.

But yes... it definitely DOES bear a strong resemblance! :rotfl2:

Good to hear!

DD7 has been a huge Ariel fan for a while...all we have is a crummy VHS version that we can't even really watch....didn't work, right from the start years ago! :confused3

Anyway, she'll be thrilled to have the DVD! :)

Thanks for the "heads up" on buying one on ebay, but I "tink" I'll pass. I need a dvd of it though.

MickeyP said:
Thanks for the "heads up" on buying one on ebay, but I "tink" I'll pass. I need a dvd of it though.

Aw, come on! You could own a piece of history! :rotfl2:

Wasn't there another similar story about a part in the movie where one of the characters was "excited"? It was on the ship scene near the end of the movie I think.

But thanks OP. I've been waiting for this to be released on DVD.

YAY!!! I've been waiting so long for this. I'll finally have that added to our Disney collection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter