• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Little Mermaid rooms not Part of any Discounts according to Cast Member? Really???

mom2dina

Mouseketeer
Is this true???

"Abigail: This will be a great time to come and visit. The Little Mermaid rooms are not included in the special offers because they are already a great value."

Thanks for your help!

that is correct the standard rooms at AoA have not been offered with any discount since they became avaialbel to book. There aren't many of them and they don't need to discount them

Is this true???

"Abigail: This will be a great time to come and visit. The Little Mermaid rooms are not included in the special offers because they are already a great value."

Thanks for your help!
Yes, the CM is correct. The Disney Visa cardholder offer specifically states that only the Family Suites are included at AoA. The general public offer is the exact same thing. I'm guessing that LM rooms are booking so well that they don't need to offer discounts on them.

Well, it's true about the LM rooms not being offered in recent or current discounts, but the reason is because they do not need to fill the LM rooms. They aren't having trouble getting reservations for them.

The part about them already being a great value is not the reason... :) The LM rooms are not the cheapest rooms on property even at rack rate. Standard rooms at All Star resorts have less expensive full price rates.

French Quarter is not part of the Visa 20% discount offer. We moved to Riverside to get the discount.

I think it's wrong to limit the discounts to only certain places. A discount should be just that - a discount.

Discounts - across the board - would be fair. We should be able to still CHOOSE our resort. :goodvibes

French Quarter is not part of the Visa 20% discount offer. We moved to Riverside to get the discount.

I think it's wrong to limit the discounts to only certain places. A discount should be just that - a discount.

Discounts - across the board - would be fair. We should be able to still CHOOSE our resort. :goodvibes
As much as everyone would love to see discounts across the board for all resorts and rooms, there's a very good reason that they aren't. Disney wants to entice guests to stay at one resorts, so they're going to offer a discount at those resorts. You can choose to stay anywhere you want, but it only makes sense to discount the resorts that aren't drawing a high level of interest.

You can choose your resort, any resort and pay the going rate. Period!
Discounts are not offered to be nice, they are offered to fill rooms that do not have as heavy of a demand. Basic economics. I'm sorry that you are disappointed your choice of hotel is not available. It just means that you like a popular place :goodvibes You have an opportunity to try somewhere new at a lower price, which goes with the risk of not liking it "as much" as your favorite [though that is how I found my new favorite resort] OR you can ensure you have the *perfect* vacation.

There is a slight discount for POFQ, but only 5% if I remember correctly. We booked it anyway and then moved to CR Garden wing for only $75.00 more per night!

OP I'm staying in the LM rooms in early August and there were no AAA discounts for me.
Some people were lucky enough to get some LM discounts in the fall when they first opened. I guess WDW was not anticipating how quick they would fill up.

That's been going on for awhile now. POFQ is our favorite moderate resort, but for the last year or so, it seems like the discount there is less than for the other moderates. If people love it enough to stay there with no discount (or very little discount), of course Disney is going to take advantage of that fact. They are in the business to book rooms and would like to get the highest price the public will allow. If more people choose to go with the other moderates and refuse to pay the higher prices at POFQ, then WDW would again make the discount for POFQ the same as the other moderates in an effort to fill those rooms. Right now people are willing to pay the higher price, so they don't need to.

Everyone says Disney never offers free dining and a room discount together, but several years ago they did offer both free dining, plus like 30% off at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs for certain dates in Sept. Those two resorts were not filling up, so Disney allowed both free dining and a room discount to be offered together, in an attempt to fill them. With all the other resorts you had to choose between free dining and a room discount, but folks staying at OKW or SS got both. A friend of mine took advantage of that offer and got both a room discount and free dining. I don't care for those two resorts, so went with just free dining at POFQ. I'd loved to have had a room discount too though. However, I chose to stay at POFQ, so had to pay rack rate, while my friend got 30% off her chosen resort and still got free dining. I'd love to stay in one of the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA, but since people are willing to pay full price for them Disney has not seen a need to offer discounts for those rooms and I refuse to pay rack rate.

Is this true???

Thanks for your help!

They are specifically excluded from the CM spring discount offer too!! Now I don't know if they are excluded from the standard CM room discount, but they have a spring special that is better than the regular discount. And it specifically states that the Little mermaid rooms are excluded from that special. I find it rather amusing... I guess they are filling them just fine??

We got a 20% off at POFQ through Orbitz for our June stay...called Disney over the weekend to check prices as I am a Disney Visa cardholder and price was WAY more than what I paid...PO Riverside was the same...

Me too! But it was a pin offer from early 2012. Haven't seen any discounts since then for LM rooms.

Yeah, a couple people snagged a LM room early in the first wave of discounts that they were open to booking for. Since then nadda :(

Well although it wasn't a "great value" I booked it. There is never free dinning in July right?

Take care!:goodvibes

Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, so if a particular resort is filling up at rack rate, there is no need to offer a discount on that particular resort.

We booked little mermaid room in September for an April trip and we got 30% off ( that was the promo going on at the time). We went back the next day to look at adding a room for my sis and the LM rooms were excluded. Guess it was a mistake we got it. I am not complaining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter