• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

little mermaid ride video!

I'm pretty sure that video is from the special features on the special edition The Little Mermaid DVD. I think Disney is going in a different direction now.

The person in the comments said that's from a proposed attraction back in the 90s that was scrapped.

neither. the one at DCA and MK will be clones of each other, but this video is CG creation specifically made as a DVD bonus. there were also additional segments of the imagineers talking about the attraction. it was going to be at DLP and was very close to becoming a reality before it was shelved.

I actually kind of liked that. I'll be interested to see what the ride will be like now that they're going with something different.

I like that it switches from a track below to an overhead track. Cool concept. You can tell this won't be it though- the scenes are out of order. I'll be interested to see what the actual attraction will be, though :goodvibes

I hope the final result is similar to the video! I like rides that tell the stories from the movie. Snow White is fun but its so short! I have a good feeling about this ride!

I'm sure that whatever they do it will be good but I'm not exactly blown away by it. They already have so many rides of this type with hanuted mansion, potc, snow white, winnie the pooh, nemo, etc. Something different and a bit more exciting would be good, instead of just something nice to look at.

I like that it switches from a track below to an overhead track. Cool concept. You can tell this won't be it though- the scenes are out of order. I'll be interested to see what the actual attraction will be, though :goodvibes

I noticed the out of order thing too! It really confused me for a minute.

If it looks anything like that, I will love it. It looks like a fantastic ride. Looks like there would be a small drop to go "under the sea" and a couple of scary scenes for small kids. Hopefully, it won't be too dramatic in the Ursula scenes. DS won't be too happy....

Then again, it may not be anything like that....can't wait to find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter