Little Mermaid in Soft Opening right now!

I got the chance to ride yesterday, and while it is ok, and I'm sure will be a huge hit with the young kids, I was pretty disappointed. Definitely a case of WAY too high expectations on my part. With so much time and so many resources are devoted to a single attraction, I expected something spectacular. This is really nothing different than any of the dark rides in Fantasyland across the way. Maybe a little more elaborate, but not much. There are some cute aspects (the Under the Sea room is pretty fun), but overall, just nothing special. Definitely not a ride I would go out of my way to ride again (unless I was with out of town guests who wanted to see it). And yes, the resolution of the story is essentially as unclear as Snow White...it just ends. YMMV

We rode yesturday at about 11 with a 25 minute wait, the line does move quickly. My son liked a lot of the under the sea room, I have to to say the charcters have come a long way, but all in all, I do wish there was more story. They have a lot of good points, but I wish they would of pushed it a little harder. I had high hopes when scuttle was telling the story at the beginning, but not much happened after. I was also disappointed that flounder was in the final scene twice?!? It seems weird to be able to see a charcter like that 2 times in your line of sight... just interesting.

We too saw it yesterday. The sign posted said 60 minutes and I was seriously rethinking waiting but even though the line was huge it kept moving. It took only 25 minutes to ride so I'm glad we waited.

The ride is cute but nothing I would wait in line for more than a few minutes to ride again. There were a few really cool aspects but basically I too compare it to a typical Fantasyland ride-with new technology. Kids will love it. Very colorful and full of music. My DD11 liked the part where it looks like you are going under water. :goodvibes

They allowed pictures and video to be shot so I video'd the entire ride. I will post to Youtube later today.

I was really amazed at how fast the line moved. The line was all the way down to the Corndog Castle where it wrapped several times. Later in the day the line was a little bit longer but I'm still thinking it was about 35-40 minutes.

Once all the hoopla dies down about it I think the ride will be like a walk on. Makes sense that they didn't do FP for it. I mean if the don't do FP for TSMM why would they for Ariel?

I saw the line for the AP Gift Shop and thought...OMG-make a line and someone will get in it. Really, waiting in line for the opportunity to buy LM merchandise? BTW, it was mostly adults in line, very few kids. ;)

I saw the line for the AP Gift Shop and thought...OMG-make a line and someone will get in it. Really, waiting in line for the opportunity to buy LM merchandise? BTW, it was mostly adults in line, very few kids. ;)

Yea, that's one thing I will never do is wait in line to go inside a store to spend money!

Thank god for soft openings... The wait for little mermaid is 120 minutes this morning. And that it probably because that is as high as the counter goes. The line starts at the GCH entrance and goes past GRR and past redwood creek challenge trail, up towards little mermaid and then past corn dog castle, then it skips across the street and fills the entire world of color viewing area. I have never seen anything like this! I'll post pics later!

Thank god for soft openings... The wait for little mermaid is 120 minutes this morning. And that it probably because that is as high as the counter goes. The line starts at the GCH entrance and goes past GRR and past redwood creek challenge trail, up towards little mermaid and then past corn dog castle, then it skips across the street and fills the entire world of color viewing area. I have never seen anything like this! I'll post pics later!

Argh! I was *this close* to driving up yesterday in the hopes of a soft opening but decided not to chance it because the AP preview ended Weds. (June 1) and with my dumb luck, I would drive all the way from San Diego and it'd be closed. Now I have to decide how much time I should let lapse before the lines aren't so crazy! While some people didn't want to watch the YouTube of it to avoid spoilers, I'm glad I watched it because I feel more comfortable waiting to see it now that I know exactly what it entails.

Oh my goodness, that is CRAZY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter