Little Mermaid in DCL

steve76

Mouseketeer
Out of interest, does anyone know how the Little Mermaid attraction that they are building in California Adventure fits in with the theming? I assume that they would try to come up with a reason why it fits in with that park - does anyone know what it is?

I am pretty sure the new theme is "let's get people through the gate and wow them with great rides so they wil come back over and over". I don't know about you...but this new theme seems fantastic! :thumbsup2

I figure that they may be trying to make the whole "Little Mermaid" genre more relevant with the Wonder's move to the Port of LA.

I'm wondering how close the ride is going to be to the "virtual ride" that they had in The Little Mermaid DVD they last released.

I am pretty sure the new theme is "let's get people through the gate and wow them with great rides so they wil come back over and over". I don't know about you...but this new theme seems fantastic! :thumbsup2

I'm sure that was their motivation, but I would expect them to retrospectively come up with a reason as to why it fits. I just can't figure out what it is!

Well, it IS across from Ariel's Grotto, the restaurant (sort of....)

And it is, "get people in the gate". It kind of upsets me because my uncle helped to construct the builing they are putting it in.....I don't think they're tearing it down, just re-theming......also, I didn't mind the California movie so much (besides the confusion.....Golden Dreams...like the American Adventure theme song? but this movie's song is "Just One Dream"? That kind of thing keeps me up at night!)

I thought I had my own way of talking it's theming in a circle, but the logic must have been so weak, I've forgotten.

Well, it IS across from Ariel's Grotto, the restaurant (sort of....)

And it is, "get people in the gate". It kind of upsets me because my uncle helped to construct the builing they are putting it in.....I don't think they're tearing it down, just re-theming......also, I didn't mind the California movie so much (besides the confusion.....Golden Dreams...like the American Adventure theme song? but this movie's song is "Just One Dream"? That kind of thing keeps me up at night!)

I thought I had my own way of talking it's theming in a circle, but the logic must have been so weak, I've forgotten.

But the bottom line is Dinsey is a FOR PROFIT business. Not being an American, I didn't care one bit for the show. It sounds like quite a few people didn't watch it either. There is no point in keeping things that are just "meh". Dazzle the fans and they will keep coming back. Mermaid will be made to fit because it is located by the water...

Change is good. If it doesn't work, they will change it again and again until it does.:thumbsup2

Change is good. If it doesn't work, they will change it again and again until it does.:thumbsup2

Except for Journey Into Imagination. There change was bad, and they changed it again and again but never came close to the original charm.

There is an article about how they are retooling DCA and it has drawings and story about the new Little Mermaid ride in the current issue of D23.

But the bottom line is Dinsey is a FOR PROFIT business. Not being an American, I didn't care one bit for the show. It sounds like quite a few people didn't watch it either. There is no point in keeping things that are just "meh". Dazzle the fans and they will keep coming back. Mermaid will be made to fit because it is located by the water...

No, I agree. The theme of "california" should never have even been put in, I don't know who's brilliant idea that was. We're closest to Hollywood and we don't have a version of Disney-MGM Studios? That makes no sense. It's not to say I don't have an understanding as to why they took out the movie, I know it wasn't too popular. And I LOVE The Little Mermaid, so my last concern is the theming........

I've wondered the same thing about how The Little Mermaid attraction works with the "reimagined" Disney's California Adventure. It is across from Ariel's Grotto restaurant and the Paradise Pier area and the lagoon where the new Disney World of Color will be. It's also across from the San Francisco Victorian Restroom. Maybe Ariel lives in San Francisco Bay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter