Little Mermaid...do you need a fast pass

Momof2Singers

DIS Veteran
Is there normally a long wait for the Under the Sea: Little Mermaid in MK?

Is it a must see, this is new since our last visit in 2012

Is there normally a long wait for the Under the Sea: Little Mermaid in MK?

Is it a must see, this is new since our last visit in 2012

If you go in the morning, it can be a walk on. But later in the day it can get up there to an hour or so wait time.

The meet and greet of Ariel in her grotto is a far more popular attraction, and her FP+ can be a lot more challenging to secure.

We were down there before fastpass plus. The lines for that ride was short most the time. It's like the nemo ride so loads and unloads fast.

I was at MK today and Little Mermaid was 20 minutes or less until noon. After that it was 40 - 60 minutes. We used our 3 FP+ by 2pm and went at 2:10 and was able to get a 4th FP+ for Little Mermaid return time of 4:40.

I was at MK today and Little Mermaid was 20 minutes or less until noon. After that it was 40 - 60 minutes. We used our 3 FP+ by 2pm and went at 2:10 and was able to get a 4th FP+ for Little Mermaid return time of 4:40.

Thanks so much, off to get an hours sleep before checking in for my midnight fast pass unlock

Def a must see :)

I guess wait times depend on when you go. When we were there last November, we never waited once. The que was always walk through, I was kinda sad because there are so many interesting things to look at.

When I went last June, the posted wait time was 30 minutes in the early afternoon but we walked right on. (It may be that it has been shut down and just opened up again). However, having experienced it, my husband and I agreed we would have been angry had we actually waited half an hour for that (without children). Disney has touted the advanced animatronics on this ride but, overall, I found it to be less dynamic than any of the dark rides that existed on opening day and not worth a lengthy wait. Have you seen the digital rendering of the ride that's included as a special feature on the Little Mermaid dvd release from a few years ago? That is FAR more exciting than the reality.

We go in the off season and have never seen a line over 20 minutes or so when we're in the park. It's a pretty fast moving line.

We walked on at 9:15 this morning - stated wait time of 20 minutes. Felt like it took that long to walk the queue! At noon the wait was 50 minutes but I couldn't see anybody in line in the outside area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter