Little kids who LOVE ToT? Please share stories.

lotrisneat

Earning My Ears
My little four year old is an absolute daredevil in all aspects of life. Our DLR trip is coming up in less than a month and she is raring to go. She's wanting to jump on to Splash Mt, Space Mt, GRR, everything. (She was under 40 inches on our last trip.) I'm certainly open to letting her try everything, but I'm a little nervous about ToT.

I showed her one of those POV videos on Youtube. I said "Look! There's ghosts!" She looked at me like I was insane, and said "Mom, they're not real!" I asked her what she would do when the elevator dropped really fast and made her tummy feel funny. She says "I'm gonna put my hands in the air and go WOOOOOO!" :rotfl2:

Yet I'm still a bit nervous about it. I know that if it does scare her, it won't ruin her for the rest of the rides or anything. I think I'm just being a bit overprotective. I was hoping some of you had stories of little ones who rode it and loved it.

My son rode it at 3 years old. He LOVES the ride part. He isn't fond of the room before with the TV and spooky lighting. My DH asked if they could skip that part, but the CM won't let them. He still really enjoys it at 5. Your daughter sounds like him, very adventurous! I have never been on TOT with him, usually he asks my DH to go. On all other rides we go on, I put my arm around him. It makes me feel better!

My son is 8 and autistic and loves the ride, we go through the fastpass but he does NOT like the line part and the tv show etc he gets scared, but loves the ride he calls it the "Butt float ride"

My five year old daughter who was just barely tall enough LOVED it. My 11 year old son dropped out as the ride boarded. At WDW they had provisions for that. We met him after the ride.

She wanted to do it again. Mommy said no.

My DD7 loves this ride and has been going on it since she was 5. She is fearless! She rides hands up the whole way on CS too-even through the loop! My DD11 will NOT even consider going on either one or Splash. She is convinced she will fly off the rides, especially Splash. To her the lack of seat belt on Splash is completely illogical! I have explained the physics of it but she refuses to ride. Oh well..I enjoy my dare devil moments with DD7 anyway!

My DD rode it with me at age 3 (middle row, hands up), she was 41" and LOVED IT! She's a daredevil as well, I think your DD will love it. In fact, we went with family, and her two cousins, 5 and 7 are on the back row and were way more nervous than she was.

So I say go for it, in the words of DD, 'Hands Up Dad!'

iPhone+Pics+214.JPG

My 3 year old and I rode 2 times in a row this past Feb. He was ok with all aspects of the ride I just explained beforehand that it was all pretend.

My youngest son has been going on ToT since two months before his 4th birthday. He always wants to go on it when the rest of us do, so although I'm not sure it's one of his "faves" or anything...he still rides it and has fun. He's never seemed scared on it.

And just a sidenote re: those who have mentioned that their kids don't like the queue....I'm 40, and I *hate* the queue for ToT! hahahaaaa!! :rotfl2: It really IS super creepy. I love the actual ride, but I haaaaate the queue.

My 5- and 6-year-old went on it in March (they were so brave, and tried -everything- they were tall enough for). They didn't love it, and didn't want to go on it again, but it didn't keep them from trying other rides. I love the ride, but even I get a little creeped out with all the beginning stuff if I let myself. :)

My 4 yr old son LOVES it, as do my older girls. He is a total daredevil and will go on anything he is tall enough for.

Truth be told, the ride is over so quickly, there wasn't even time for my 4-year old son to be scared on it! We buckled in, and up & down & up & down - strange sensation ... sometimes, you didn't know if you were going up OR down! Then, ride done. My son didn't hate it, but wasn't a huge fan. I held on to him for dear life, but he was fine.

I could understand how the lead up is scarier than the up-and-down part for some kids. dark, eerie music, ghosts (a different feel than the "happy" ghosts at Haunted Mansion).

He hated the last drop on Splash Mountain more than ToT.

Both of my DDs rode it at 4 in WDW and it is my 6 yr olds favorite ride.

I think my 1 yr old will too when she's old enough. She already puts her hands up on pirates before we even reach the drops because she knows there coming.

She sounds like such a fun kid. Mine rode it at 11, 9 , 7 and 5 and they were all ok with it but didn't want to ride it again.
It's two years later and are all kind of eager to try it again.

My son (9) went on it for the first time last year, he was 8 at the time and loved it. He probably would have gone on it sooner, it was actually me that had to work up to it and I ended up loving it :goodvibes

Daughter is now 6 and has warmed up to this ride, I have always taken her every time we go since she has been tall enough, she will go with me once. On what I think was her first time at age 5, we finished the ride and my daughter asked me who that little kid was screaming the whole time...turns out it was our good friend (adult) who was on the trip with us and rode ToT with us and screamed the entire time!

Another time we went with another family who's 3.5 year old thrill seeker was tall enough and probably went on that ride 10 times while his 8 year old brother refused to go near it!

My son rode it last summer when he was 4yo. The first time he didn't like the belt pulling on his stomach as we dropped, but after that loved it. His favorite ride is Everest, so he is a dare-devil.
My cousin is the "pretty movie star" in the preshow video, so we avoid the scariness of the dark room by telling him he is going to see his cousin!

My youngest rode it for the first time a couple of days before she turned 5 - it's one of her favorites. My older daughter rode it at WDW at age 5 and the spookiness creeped her out - she still doesn't like it. I think as long as your daughter doesn't freak out at the spooky aspect, the falling itself won't be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter