• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Little Kids and peeing in the pool - what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absent danger, correcting and admonishing other people's children is not acceptable, IMO.

Hope you are not staying at POFQ next week then, because if your kid announces he's peeing in the pool, darn tooting I'm going to ask him not to. I'm normally tolerant of children's behavior and mostly ignore kids acting like kids, but there are lines that include bodily fluids which will not be crossed!

Hope you are not staying at POFQ next week then, because if your kid announces he's peeing in the pool, darn tooting I'm going to ask him not to. I'm normally tolerant of children's behavior and mostly ignore kids acting like kids, but there are lines that include bodily fluids which will not be crossed!

No problem. And if your child is wailing and crying about a stuffed animal or a toy or the long lines, I assume you won't mind if it tell them knock it off, right?

Since the title of the thread included "What would you do?", I see no reason why people wouldn't comment. Disagreeing does not constitute picking on.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and since the OP asked for them, I doubt there was an expectation that everyone would agree.

As a police officer, of course you will correct people that are breaking the law, although the tone of your comments just bolster my already low opinion of NOVA cops.

Well that is your opinion of police officers. I might be living in Northern Virginia but that does not mean I am a police officer there. You have a low opinion of law enforcement and I wish you well when in need of one with your attitude . You have question everyone who have posted anything that you disagree with. As I said everyone doesn't share your views. We all have our own views so why not leave it as that thank you. And I am proud to be a police officer that helped on 9-11-2001.

I'm sure if I had been in the pool when that child announced he had peed in it numerous times, I might have said something to him. I wouldn't be afraid to say something to the kid like, "You know its not nice to pee in the pool, it makes the water dirty". I work in retail and I will often speak to kids and ask them to not run, leave toys in the aisle, not play in clothing racks, etc. I will also say the same thing to their parents if they are with them (though the kids are usually left alone).

On the other hand, the thought of pee in pools doesn't bother me. I know I won't get sick from pool water. Pools are chlorinated for a reason... to kill bacteria and make it safe/healthy for us to swim in the same water than other people are also in. I'd feel much differently if public pools were fresh water!

No problem. And if your child is wailing and crying about a stuffed animal or a toy or the long lines, I assume you won't mind if it tell them knock it off, right?

Go right ahead. It will actually be someone else's kid as I don't have any. Probably why kids (or anyone) peeing in the pool bothers me, and I get right out of hot tubs with diapered babies in them , so I suppose you could get even with me that way.

Oddly enough, noisy kids running around doesn't bother me. It's not my problem to deal with so I can ignore it for the most part.

I consulted my sister who does have kids says once you've changed a few diaper blowouts a little pee in a pool is no biggie and she'd just keep on swimming (ewwww!). She also said, however, that if someone caught her kids peeing in the pool and they asked them not to she wouldn't have a problem with them saying something to them, besides she herself being a bit embarrassed. She says, maybe next time they wouldn't pee in the pool!

As to how you handled it. :thumbsup2.

The parent had the chance to make it right, and didn't.

I am so sick and tired of kids in the hot tubs. I'm sure I will get shredded for posting this but let's face it. Hot tubs are for the adults that have spent a long day walking in the parks and not for children who think it is fun. I can't even remember the number of times I was enjoying a nice soak in the hot tub, cold drink in hand, while my children were in the pool, enjoying quite time destroyed by a bunch of children who should not even be in a hot tub based on their age (medical professionals all agree hot tubs are not a good place for young children). Again, another case of lack of parental supervision.:mad:

I totally agree!! I was just thinking this before!
I too, have a nerve disorder, which makes getting kicked, or jumped on excruciatingly painful-yet parents don't supervise their kids jumping in the hot tub, & the previous poster is correct-it's not a good place for children according to Pediatric Dr.'s.
I don't even let my own kids get in the hot tub with me! I've let my DD who is a teen put her legs in & when others come to get in, I have her get out. It's for adults & as much as I love Disney & love kids-there needs to be one place that's quiet! Sorry!

I am sure that there are plenty of kids peeing in pools who don't announce it. I really don't think this is a solvable problem. I bet you some adults pee in the pools, too.

You have to trust that the chlorine level is good.

::yes:: Exactly.
You may want to avoid public pools if it is so disgusting to you because kids commonly pee in pools and even some adults do as well. I'm sure you never peed in a pool when you were young right? I don't agree with praising a child for doing so but I also don't believe in parenting other peoples children either. I think I would speak to a life guard to have rules enforced rather then speaking to a child or the grandfather who was not there at the time of the incident

:thumbsup2
Because the adult that was with the child at the hot tub was not the adult that had supposedly condoned the behavior.

Absent danger, correcting and admonishing other people's children is not acceptable, IMO.

I agree that its not ok to pee in a pool. However, this is something that we cannot control in public pools. How can you? As a kid, yes im sure I pee'd in a pool. Imagine all the other kids who do it but dont say anything? And im sure there are some adults who pee in the pool as well. Imagine that!?

I honestly wouldnt approach strange kids and start scolding them about such things. I dont agree with that at all.

Just think of all the unpotty trained toddlers in the pool. All of them peeing on a whim, all of it in the pool with you. Swim diapers do not contain pee, just poo, so every time they feel the urge it joins you in said pool.

My child, when she was sick, once announced (At Disney) that she needed to pee while in the pool, and that she was just "Going to go ahead and do it in the pool, okay mom?" Of course I told her no, and pulled her out to go, but by then we already had about 6 adults looking at my special needs child like she was the plague, only because she SAID something, not did anything. Had someone felt the need to speak up to her such as you did, it would not have been pretty from mama bear. Not at all. You have an issue with my kids that you feel you NEED to vocalize? Tell it to me- not them.

I agree peeing is not the worst, although I would not condone my child peeing in a pool. I am usually pretty tolerant about pools but the last time we went to Storm-along was gross. I was standing on the side of the pool and saw a little girl swimming toward a duck with her mouth open and into the streak of poop the duck had just released. I realize the pool has chemicals, but that was just too disgusting. I am surprised I do not see more people complaining about it on these board. And I am surprised Disney doesn't do a better job of stopping the ducks from being in that pool

Kids pee in the pool all day long and everyone knows about it.

The unspoken rule is that nobody is supposed to actually talk about it.

I honestly wouldnt approach strange kids and start scolding them about such things. I dont agree with that at all.

According to OP, it was only when the child approached the hot tub, where the OP had went after leaving the pool, was something said. So there was no approaching a child.

I am amazed at the number of people who don't want anything said to their child. Just how sheltered is your child that it will cause a problem if they are spoken to by another adult? If my child was doing something wrong and politely told to knock it off by an adult, I would have no problem with that.

According to OP, it was only when the child approached the hot tub, where the OP had went after leaving the pool, was something said. So there was no approaching a child.

I am amazed at the number of people who don't want anything said to their child. Just how sheltered is your child that it will cause a problem if they are spoken to by another adult? If my child was doing something wrong and politely told to knock it off by an adult, I would have no problem with that.

Lol, it isn't about sheltering a child. It is about boundaries. Unless there is danger myob. The kid had emptied their bladder. The op just wanted to say something because he/she was bugged by it.

Lol, it isn't about sheltering a child. It is about boundaries. Unless there is danger myob. The kid had emptied their bladder. The op just wanted to say something because he/she was bugged by it.

OP said something because the child was infringing upon her enjoyment of the pool/hot tub. Just because it is a child doesn't mean all adults have to let the child disrupt their enjoyment.

So i used the wrong choice of words. I didnt mean literally approach the child. I actually meant confronting the child. I dont think its ok to confront someone else's kid like that. Tell me, the mom, or the dad, but not the kid.

IMHO, if the parent had addressed the situation, it wouldn't have been a further issue.
I always corrected my kids when necessary, & I think we can all agree that not all parents correct their kids when they do something wrong. We've been on airplanes getting kicked in the back, we've been in movie theaters-same thing, kids having a meltdown that are left in stores for a loonngg period of time afterwards, so long that WE want to leave!
I personally think it's not so much that the child admitted he peed. Yes, all kids have accidents, but don't all of you as parents say something to address the situation? Not by yelling or embarrassing, but just taking the time to acknowledge that what they did was wrong.
As for toddlers, I personally think that's why they have the toddler section of the pool, & I think it's expected when you have babies up to toddlers-to not think they're not going to have an accident is a little crazy.
A lot of ppl are saying they would be angry if OP addressed their child, but don't say that you wouldn't acknowledge the misdeed..I feel like most parents would & should.

Well that is your opinion of police officers. I might be living in Northern Virginia but that does not mean I am a police officer there. You have a low opinion of law enforcement and I wish you well when in need of one with your attitude . You have question everyone who have posted anything that you disagree with. As I said everyone doesn't share your views. We all have our own views so why not leave it as that thank you. And I am proud to be a police officer that helped on 9-11-2001.

From your Canadian neighbour, thank you and all officers/first responders for your service.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter