• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Little House on the Prairie

goofinoff

"Just be cool! Don't be all like, uncool!"
I've always loved this show! I was just flipping through the stations and came upon it on The Hallmark station. I always stop and watch a little of it when I stumble upon it. One day last winter my daughter and I watched it all day during a snow storm! She loved it so much she read all the books!! I wish they still made shows like this!

My DD11 is really into it now. I have such good memories of coming home from school and watching it!

I watch it every day. My family thinks I am nuts since there is only so many of them so I have been watching the same ones over and over. That and the Waltons. But my favorite is Little House on the Prairie.

It is so refreshing to know that any episode with Laura in it she will never let us down and always cries. :rotfl2: Boy, Melissa Gilbert is the queen of crying. She does it so well. :thumbsup2 Still love the show though!

Some day you will need to make a trip to MN and Sd to visit the LIW sites. Wonderful places and so much fun.

Amazing show. Each episode is a mini-movie. Well written, acted, photographed, great directing and music.

I'm another huge fan of the show. I own the books and almost the entire series. I'm just missing a couple years. I, too, wish they still had good wholesome family shows.

I love Little House on the Prairie as well as The Waltons. I never get tired of watching them. Last summer while driving from NH to FL I actually detoured in Virginia and visited The Waltons Mountain Museum. I'm such a nerd. :rotfl:

I love Little House too. I still watch it too! Aways have loved Michael Landon. ;) I have read Melissa Gilberts book and also the book by Alison Arngrim. I like Arngrim's book best, Confessions of a Prairie B......

Love it! We have two favorite episodes! The Ingall's getting snowed in on Christmas and they go down memory lane. The other one is when Nellie gets thrown off Laura's horse and ends up in a wheelchair. At some point she is able to walk and doesn't tell anyone. Laura feels sooo bad and waits on her hand and foot. When Laura finds out the truth she takes Nellie for a nice little walk and pushes her down the hill into a pond!!:rotfl2:

We have METV here and they show some great oldies as well! Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke, Brady Bunch, Remington Steele, Bob Newheart, That Girl, Daniel Boone...etc

My DD mid 30's has watched Little House an Waltons every day since she was 9 or 10 maybe even younger.

DD9 discovered the show a month or so ago and she is hooked. She has been bringing home at least 2 Little House books from the school library every week for the last 4 weeks. My favorite episode is the two-part The Lord Is My Shepherd. I wish they still made good quality shows like that. So much on tv now is just filler and nonsense.

I love that show! I need to purchase the DVD series. I love how Laura would get revenge on Nellie.:rotfl2:

I've seen them on around here lately, too. It's so neat that it inspired your DD to read all the books!

I highly recommend anyone with little girls to get them the books-they are wonderful-and life was pretty hard on the prairie, which the books get into more

Little House on the Prairie has always been one of my favorite shows, along with The Waltons. They are classics. I wish networks would make more shows like those instead of some of the crappy ones they put out now. :(

Grew up watching Little House and reading all the books. I have started to try to get my 6 year old daughter into the shows, but they don't hold her interest for long. Hopefully, when she gets older she will be able to enjoy them as much as my sister and I did.

I love the show also. If you are a fan, you should read Alison Arngrim's book Confessions of a Prairie *****: How I survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to love being hated. It was really funny and had a lot of behind the scenes stories and inormation about the show and her life.

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Prairie-*****-Survived-ebook/dp/B003L77ZVQ/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

I loved her book!! Especially all the behind the scenes stories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter