little blue tick

grannyed

Mouseketeer
I have just noticed that all of my postings have got a little blue tick beside them - does anyone know why?

rather have a tick than a cross though

That icon shows you which threads have had a post on from you - so any thread you have posted on will show the tick :)

I thought the tick meant there were new, unread posts in that thread?? :confused:

ETA: Yes, that must be it because I'm sure I haven't posted in any of the "ticked" topics... :)

Charlotte

Yes - it only shows in front of the topics where you haven't read all the posts. :)

Charlotte

I think we are talking about different ticks here -

I was referring to the blue tick on threads where you have posted. To the right hand side of the thread title?

LeCras said:
I thought the tick meant there were new, unread posts in that thread?? :confused:

ETA: Yes, that must be it because I'm sure I haven't posted in any of the "ticked" topics... :)

Charlotte

Charlotte, I think you are talking about the icons to the left of the thread? I don't think there are ticks on there but maybe they show differently on different PCs? My PC shows envelopes.

Miffy2003 said:
Charlotte, I think you are talking about the icons to the left of the thread? I don't think there are ticks on there but maybe they show differently on different PCs? My PC shows envelopes.

no the ones that I am asking about are on the right hand side - on the opposite side to the little envelopes - and I have noticed that they are only on the threads which I have started

grannyed said:
no the ones that I am asking about are on the right hand side - on the opposite side to the little envelopes - and I have noticed that they are only on the threads which I have started

Yes, I agree with you - I think it's Charlotte (LeCras) who is talking about a different tick :)

Sorry for the confusion - I was talking about the ticks on the left. :blush: They are definitely ticks on my PC, have never even noticed the ones on the right LOL :)

Oops

Charlotte

:rotfl: :teeth: :rotfl:

You have to see the fuinny side, all this confusion over a tick!!

Just to add to the confusion ;) I only have a blue tick to the right of threads to which I have subscribed, unless you mean the kind of backwards tick (more like a sideways 'V') next to the name of the last poster :confused3 Clicking on that will take you to the last post on the thread, whereas clicking on the tick to the left will take you to the first posting since you last logged on.

Totally confused now? LOL!

Does it depend on the settings you have chosen for displaying the DIS?

I'd never even noticed that > before Hilary!!

Miffy2003 said:
I'd never even noticed that > before Hilary!!
LOL! You may not have noticed it, but you can type it better than me! ;)

I am thankful for this thread because in all the time I have spent looking at these boards (and that is way too much time ;) ) I have never even noticed those little blue things before :confused:

Now I know they are ther I might start using them :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter