little advice...

Banshee

<font color=blue>Bip & Bop<br><font color=green>I
My DH 2 DS and I are going to wdw in the fall with my bil and his family while there we are going to take turns watching each others children so we can have mommy and daddy nights;) My question is where should my Hubby and I go for a nice dinner? As we live on the Jersey coast and have excellent seafood at fairly reasonable prices Fultons crab house would be out, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I think alot of people will tell you California Grill or Victoria & Alberts... but it really depends on what types of food you like. Some of the fancier restaraunts have less "familiar" menu options.... I personally would prefer a Yachtsman Steakhouse or Narcoossee's, which have more traditional menu options (steak, lobster, etc.)

You can take a look at menu's at: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/search.cfm

You might want to determine what types of food you like, narrow some restaraunts down and then decide. California Grill may be your cup of tea and I've heard its excellent... I'm just not into the more creative foods that some of these type of places have.

Good luck!

Originally posted by BounceyOne
I would say Shula's steak house.

As BounceyOne said Shula's. If steak is what you're looking for there is none better at WDW.

Depends on the food you want......

I LOVE Calif Grill! As far as the comments about it being too shishi.... my husband is a VERY simple eater...meat potatos, no seafood, no asian food, etc etc..........he has always had a good meal at CG! There's enough on the menu to let him pick something he likes and he will try things on occassion and I don't think he's had anythign there he hasn't liked.

Yachtsman Steakhouse is great! (Haven't been to Shula's yet so can't compare)

For a bit quieter atmosphere...(although Yachtsman is fairly quiet) try Palio's at The Swan! Excellent Italian food with a strolling musician.

Also another place that I think has great food..... Spoodles!

Truly though as was mentioned it depends on your food preferences. I could keep naming off ones that I enjoy (Brown Derby, Chefs de France, Teppanyaki, etc) :)

Take a look at some of the menus, see which menus appeal to you then ask people's opinions on those specific restaurants. :) Whichever you choose I'm sure you will enjoy!

I prefer to eat in World Showcase or somewhere close by at the Boardwalk because part of what I enjoy sans child is shopping in the neat stores and maybe having a little wine or beer. :) I like Akershus but it's definitely not to everyone's taste. Chefs de France is romantic and I hope to try Restaurant Marrakesh someday when I get the chance. Shula's is doable in this case too.

However, many people really praise California Grill and the Polynesian is a nice place to visit too so it's a hard decision.

If steak is your thing I would vote for Le Cellier or Shula's. Le Cellier is a wonderful restuarant with fab steaks, can't speak for Shula's as I won't be eating there till October.

Banshee--

My vote would be for Jiko, Citrico's or the California Grill. Those are the ones that would be hardest to find a comparable place at home. Jiko and Citrico's will be the quietest with the least kids.

Shula's is also a good choice if you want steak, but it's basically the same thing as Ruth's Cris or Peter Lugar. You can get excellent filet at all three of the places I mentioned above.

Yachstamans Steakhouse is not longer a first class place IMHO. IN fact the quailty has diminished to the point that it's no longer on my WDW top ten list. Will I go back? Probably, but I wo'nt be rushing to get there.

Anne

I find Jiko's at AKL or Palio's at the Swan to be wonderful places for nice quiet adult oriented dining.

My husband and I will also be able to have a "night out" when the grandparents watch our boys. We'll be in Epcot that day but have decided to cruise over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to go to Jiko. Thought it may be a nice break and we'll be able to explore a little bit at that resort since we haven't been there. We decided this after many, many menu readings and discussions. We changed our mind 3x before finally deciding on Jiko. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Well, since you are East coasters...why not go to Artist Point at Wilderness lodge...the food/wines are beautiful together, the service is excellent.

Artist Point has been a favorite adult/romantic spot for hubby and I since it opened.

Enjoy!

Im jumping the gun a bit, but Im looking at the possibility of DH & I having a night out alone in WDW next year for our anniversary. I think I have it narrowed down to either Yachtmans or Palio. Those looked best to me.

Thank you all very much for the info!:D I pretty much will try anything once but my hubby is definately a meat and potatos man!!But beign a good hubby he will pretty much do what I want :p I would really like something that we will both enjoy! Something quiet and romantic.Thank you all for the advice it is greatly appreciated! :D

If your DH likes meat and potatoes, and you'll try anything, Jiko would be great...

Their filet with macaroni and cheese is to die for (sounds weird, but it's wonderful I promise!)

How about Artist Point? Plenty of meat dishes...

Here's the menu:

http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_ap.htm

And BTW, I think the Wilderness Lodge is one of the most Romantic resorts (i.e. large firplaces, mission-style furniture, exposed wood beams, breathtaking views of the lake, a waterfall that begins inside the Lodge...ahhh) Take the boat to MK or FT. Wilderness afterward. THAT is very romantic too...

Originally posted by Banshee
....hubby is definately a meat and potatos man!!But beign a good hubby he will pretty much do what I want :p .... Something quiet and romantic.

Greetings neighbor. If you'd like to spend the night at Downtown Disney, Portobello was incredible. We ate there last Dec and will be back this Nov. Hubby can get his meat, you both get quiet and romantic.

If you'd like to spend the night at Epcot or MGM, Palio's at the Swan was very, very good. Again meat, quiet and romantic.

steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter