Listening to old podcasts: man, hindsight makes some things funny :)

limace

DIS Veteran
I've been listening to the first podcasts, from 2006 and 2007, and I'm enjoying them immensely (I commute about 3 hours 3 days a week, and they have turned what was drudgery into a drive I look forward to). It's an odd feeling, sometimes, since "I know what's going to happen"-especially bittersweet when listening to Bob. Sometimes, though, it is unintentionally hilarious. The team members do a great job making accurate predictions (who IS Kevin's source for rumors, anyway?), but occasionally miss the mark.

I loved John and Kevin excitedly reporting that the Dinosaur restaurant is coming to Downtown Disney-finally, there will be some good food!

My favorite, though, has to be the report of Tiger Woods being selected by Disney as a new spokesman, and the praise from the team for this choice, since, you know, he's so squeaky clean. :rotfl:

Love you guys!

Glad you're enjoying listening from the 'beginning', it's the best way to get to 'know' the team. I have tried explaining before how in the world I could feel so close to people I've only met once (briefly) and I think it's because they are themselves on the podcast and so we get to 'know' the real person because they don't play parts. It gives me the feeling that I'm actually right there with them.

I listen to the podcasts when I'm putting in my miles (walking), makes the time go by sooooo much faster. :goodvibes

I'm listening too! I first started listening to the podcast in 2009, but recently decided to catch up from the beginning. I'm up to 5/1/07 and I've really enjoyed listening to the history of the DIS. Initially I didn't think the old shows would be interesting or relevant, but I was wrong. The hindsight point of view is very interesting and the shows are really funny. It's been a blast "getting to know" everyone.:goodvibes
:love::love::love: the podcast!

It is interesting listening to the older podcasts. Some of the predictions and rumors are pretty on target. And some of the jokes and odd sayings still pretty hysterical.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter