List of rides with chest restraints

jenhum

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know, off the top of your head, which rides have shoulder/chest restraints?

My dad is very claustrophobic, and had a bad experience a few years ago on Rock'n'Roller coaster. Right before the ride took off, his restraint clicked tighter and he freaked out. I think that's the only Disney ride with that kind of restraint, but I'm guessing Universal has more of them. I'm hoping he can ride them, but I'd like to know in advance how many there are. Thanks!

Is it just chest and shoulder or would he have an issue with more constraining lap bars as well?

Off the top of my head shoulder restraints are

Hulk
Dragon Challenge
Dr. Doom
Forbidden Journey

However restricting lap restraints include Men In Black, Gringotts, Mummy, and Rip Ride Rocket.

Sorry to hear about the claustrophobia. We always try to get one last click out of every restraint to feel more secure. Exhale deeply and click. Ahh, no bouncing around.

The Simpson ride queue has little rooms, the size of an elevator that 6 people stage in before loading. You might want to steer clear of that if it sounds worrisome.

Is it just chest and shoulder or would he have an issue with more constraining lap bars as well?

Off the top of my head shoulder restraints are

Hulk
Dragon Challenge
Dr. Doom
Forbidden Journey

However restricting lap restraints include Men In Black, Gringotts, Mummy, and Rip Ride Rocket.

Thank you! I think it's mainly the shoulder restraints that would bother him. We are huge HP fans, so I'm hoping his excitement for FJ will outweigh the anxiety of the shoulder restraints. He has done roller coasters his whole life and been fine, for some reason it was just that extra tight click on RnR a few years ago that bothered him. Obviously you don't want it to be loose though!

Sorry to hear about the claustrophobia. We always try to get one last click out of every restraint to feel more secure. Exhale deeply and click. Ahh, no bouncing around.

The Simpson ride queue has little rooms, the size of an elevator that 6 people stage in before loading. You might want to steer clear of that if it sounds worrisome.

Thank you. How long do you have to stay in the Simpson room? He is ok on elevators, although I think if he ever got stuck on one it would cause a lot of anxiety. As long as he knows he COULD get out if he had to, he's generally ok.

You go in and watch a 5 minute pre-ride show. Like watching an episode of the Simpsons. It is quite funny and should be able to keep your attention away from the fact that you are in a smallish room. It may appear that you are locked in a room, but you are never trapped. Evac and safety protocols prevent that from happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter