List of items for characters to sign

This is a great thread -- especially love the photos of the signed items!

If you give them colored pens, will the characters pick "their" colors?

And I have read about leaving a thank-you bag of treats with the pens and item to be signed -- any other tips? I've never done this despite being on many DCL cruises, so I am excited to have this as something new for this cruise.

I out a bunch of bite size chocolates both times. I do 2 ziplocs cause we have 2 staterooms.

Since "search" is down, so I cant look it up.... & after scrolling pages & pages & not finding it.... Im just gonna ask: give me a list of items that you or others get signed by th characters?

I have read:
Photo mats, valmations, tshirts, canvas bags....

The other thing I thought of is buying a cruise photo album & having them sign the inside cover.. Or the cover depending?!?!

What else have soe gotten signed?

hats, backpacks, totes, lunch boxes, pillowcases

Here's what I just got back from being fired -

Ornaments_zpsb8263774.jpg

Jim

I just said to my daughter - "what about some kind of Christmas Ornament", she looked at me like I had 3 heads!!! See - great minds think alike!!!

I use sharpie fine point. Either multi color or just black, depending on where you want to hang it!

someone recently posted a photo of a picture mat she had signed - the mat was black and she used silver Sharpies, it looked AMAZING and I'm guessing matched her decor.

Depending on your cruise, dgs reads a book about one or more of the ports and has it signed. We will be taking " Pinnochio " on the Med cruise this summer. He is collecting quite a collection!

I love this idea :) What a great keepsake.

Here is our photo mat. I think it turned out wonderful! I bought a pack of 24 sharpies on Amazon and put that in a zip lock bag with a bag of Hershey's Kisses. The photo mat and frame are 11 x 14 and holds an 8 x 10 photo. I got it at Target for $20 I believe. Was a little tricky keeping it from getting smooshed in my luggage and I actually had to go up another size just to fit the darn thing in...but it was WELL worth it!

426518_10200224317825764_283813170_n.jpg

jelliott04 said:
Here is our photo mat. I think it turned out wonderful! I bought a pack of 24 sharpies on Amazon and put that in a zip lock bag with a bag of Hershey's Kisses. It is 11 x 14 and the photo is 8 x 10 which I got at Target for $20 I believe.

How perfect!!! Love it!

Here is our photo mat. I think it turned out wonderful! I bought a pack of 24 sharpies on Amazon and put that in a zip lock bag with a bag of Hershey's Kisses. The photo mat and frame are 11 x 14 and holds an 8 x 10 photo. I got it at Target for $20 I believe. Was a little tricky keeping it from getting smooshed in my luggage and I actually had to go up another size just to fit the darn thing in...but it was WELL worth it!

Wow, I think that's the most signatures I've seen on a mat, it fabulous!

Word of warning about the candy to bring.

A couple years back I packed a bunch of Hershy stuff to give to them. It was hot in Florida and somehow on the plane - airport - trunk of car - they all melted.

I bring twizzlers and hard candy now.

So glad this thread went up today! THANKS!! I was looking for similar info, and noticed "search" was down as well.

LOVING the photo's everyone! We did pillowcases last time. This time, wanted to do something different, so I'm leaning towards photo mattes this time.

Do any of you ever leave a note with your signature item(s)? Letting them know what you want, requests, etc? Last time, when we dropped off at guest services, they asked us "what signatures" we wanted. I just told them, "all that we can get"! I'm seeing sigs on these items that I never even thought of! I just thought, maybe this time, I should be more specific?

426518_10200224317825764_283813170_n.jpg

Did you use fine point sharpies or ultra fine point?

I am totally stealing this! I love the way it turned out!

I surprise my kids with an item each cruise.

Last cruise I bought a picture of my younger dd and tiana from shutters on the ship. I glued it to a big piece of card stock. Then put it in the bag with one purple permanent marker, her favorite color! I asked for only princesses!

My older daughter I bought a map of the magic's route at the gift shop and did her's only in black, specifying her favorites.

I always do a big bag of chocolates!

QUOTE=mydisneydream;47666420]So glad this thread went up today! THANKS!! I was looking for similar info, and noticed "search" was down as well.

LOVING the photo's everyone! We did pillowcases last time. This time, wanted to do something different, so I'm leaning towards photo mattes this time.

Do any of you ever leave a note with your signature item(s)? Letting them know what you want, requests, etc? Last time, when we dropped off at guest services, they asked us "what signatures" we wanted. I just told them, "all that we can get"! I'm seeing sigs on these items that I never even thought of! I just thought, maybe this time, I should be more specific?
[/QUOTE]

Did you use fine point sharpies or ultra fine point?

I am totally stealing this! I love the way it turned out!

Just regular Sharpies. These are the exact ones I bought.

I'm really really pleased with how it turned out. Now if I could only find a place in my house to hang it! :)

Jen

Just regular Sharpies. These are the exact ones I bought.

I'm really really pleased with how it turned out. Now if I could only find a place in my house to hang it! :)

Jen

Jen,

Did you leave the entire frame or just the photo mat? I'm wondering should I just bring the mat only on the trip.

Julie

Jen,

Did you leave the entire frame or just the photo mat? I'm wondering should I just bring the mat only on the trip.

Julie
Just bring the mat, but if the frame covers a great deal of the mat, you can tape off the edge that is covered with painters tape(blue tape that comes off easily) so no characters sign over the edge that can be seen in the frame. I took the mats out of the frames I'm using today. I'm flying so WAY easier to pack just the frames and no risk of breaking the glass in the frame.

I'm flying so WAY easier to pack just the frames and no risk of breaking the glass in the frame.

I think you meant to say that it is way easier to pack just the mats. ;)

Yes, I only packed the mat. Just make sure it is between to pieces of cardboard or something sturdy so that it doesn't get bent.

Jen

Finally got everything together and got it framed -

Signitures_zps2707e2fa.jpg

Jim

OMG!!!! Totally love love love this!!! :love: I need more info please!! What is the size? Our next cruise is on the Fantasy and I am now hoping they have those stock photos with the Fantasy logo!

Thank you so much for posting this picture!!! I have been looking and looking for something that I was excited about!! :yay:

OMG!!!! Totally love love love this!!! :love: I need more info please!! What is the size? Our next cruise is on the Fantasy and I am now hoping they have those stock photos with the Fantasy logo!

Thank you so much for posting this picture!!! I have been looking and looking for something that I was excited about!! :yay:

These are stock photos so I'm sure they have the same on the Fantasy. In this case I scanned them and shrank them down to the 3x5 for each. The over all is 11x14. We got the mat at Hobby Lobby if I remember correctly but it also could have been Jo-Ann or Micheal's.

Jim

Edit: The inportant thing is when filling out the slip is to add in the special instruction area that you want all character's signatures not just the Princess' and Fab 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter