List of items for characters to sign

PrincessAbby'sMom

DIS Veteran
Since "search" is down, so I cant look it up.... & after scrolling pages & pages & not finding it.... Im just gonna ask: give me a list of items that you or others get signed by th characters?

I have read:
Photo mats, valmations, tshirts, canvas bags....

The other thing I thought of is buying a cruise photo album & having them sign the inside cover.. Or the cover depending?!?!

What else have soe gotten signed?

Since "search" is down, so I cant look it up.... & after scrolling pages & pages & not finding it.... Im just gonna ask: give me a list of items that you or others get signed by th characters?

I have read:
Photo mats, valmations, tshirts, canvas bags....

The other thing I thought of is buying a cruise photo album & having them sign the inside cover.. Or the cover depending?!?!

What else have soe gotten signed?

I saw where some bought some of those wooden letters (like you get from craft stores). Painted them white and had them signed.

Autograph books
Baseball cap

Pillowcases are also a good thing to get signed. You can decorate them ahead of time. I have a really cute set I had done on the Wonder in 2005.

I sailed on the Dream in the fall I had a beautiful pillow case made for my dd 21 who got married on the ship and a mat for a photo that turned out stunning it was a 11x14 If i could ever figure out how to post pics i could show you

Tracy

my absolute favorite was our photo mat - all signed in black (11x14), then our 8x10 picture in it with a nice big black frame - all from Michaels - it hangs in our front hall and everyone that sees it comments on it - so, so special!!!

We did a canvas covered wide frame for a 4 x 6 photo one year.
Recently, I painted clipboards in the kids' favorite character colors. Minnie, Goofy, Pluto & Cinderella. I added some fabric accents to Minnie & bows on the girls. And a collar, tail & ears on Pluto. Goofy had his hat, vest & button details. Characters signed front & back. My sister brought a small soccer ball to be signed for her older son, who wasn't with us.

Im bringing a white piggy bank this time (3 days) to make it for our Disney fund! Im super excited about that one, just hope it doesnt break!

Btw, Ive done all the other things listed and I think this will be my favorite!

We're taking a couple of 9inch white Vinylmation figures and a couple of Etsy embroided pillow cases

We've done 11x14 prints of the ships (the Alaska picture is pre-signatures, but it turned out great!)

IMG_5244.jpg

Alaska_DCL.jpg

And you can get the prints/pictures on board?

I actually solicited a high-resolution picture from the nice folks on this board. Then I added the text (ship, dates, ports) and printed it at Costco (super cheap!). We've got them hanging in the basement.

jenf22 said:
I actually solicited a high-resolution picture from the nice folks on this board. Then I added the text (ship, dates, ports) and printed it at Costco (super cheap!). We've got them hanging in the basement.

Oh wow, nice!

Mom2Kaylee said:
Im bringing a white piggy bank this time (3 days) to make it for our Disney fund! Im super excited about that one, just hope it doesnt break!

Btw, Ive done all the other things listed and I think this will be my favorite!

I might steal this idea. It's brilliant!!!

Depending on your cruise, dgs reads a book about one or more of the ports and has it signed. We will be taking " Pinnochio " on the Med cruise this summer. He is collecting quite a collection!

I love the piggy bank idea! Let us know how it turns out.

all of these are such great ideas. For those that did the picture mats, what typr of pen/marker do you recommend? Thnx.

This is a great thread -- especially love the photos of the signed items!

If you give them colored pens, will the characters pick "their" colors?

And I have read about leaving a thank-you bag of treats with the pens and item to be signed -- any other tips? I've never done this despite being on many DCL cruises, so I am excited to have this as something new for this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter