List of changes since summer 2014

Bumping for end of Diamond Celebration
The first post still has all of the information pertaining to the Diamond Celebration, which are no longer being offered. The Celebration did end on the 9/5 and since then, most all of the decorations and offerings have been removed. Likewise, portions (mostly the decorations) of Season of the Force have been removed.

I'm not sure how you want to handle the seasonal changes, but DL is in the middle of HalloweenTime and then soon thereafter will be in the Holiday mode. Lots of seasonal offerings (food, entertainment, attractions, etc.)!

ELIAS & CO -- Now carries Pandora, including Disney-themed beads
I just noticed this one...I recall seeing the Pandora beads here, but they're also in a number of other locations (Uptown Jewelers/Emporium Complex and the Pandora shop in DL, Off the Page in DCA also has them).

HYPERION THEATER - Aladdin closed, now showing Frozen. FPs now assign a specific section (orchestra, etc.) not just a time. Now offering pre-show packages at Stage 17, dining packages at Carthay Circle, and a Behind the Scenes package.
They've discontinued the show packages (including dining package) at this point.

MAD T PARTY - Re-themed; now JAMMIN' IN THE BACKLOT
They've discontinued Jammin' in the Backlot as well.

AP - Premium APs no longer for sale. Replaced by Signature and Signature Plus APs. PhotoPass and parking are included with both those pass levels. Signature APs are blocked for the last 2 weeks of the year. Signature Plus has no block out days.
They're reintroduced the So Cal AP.

Thanks, I'll make these changes on the original post! I'll probably leave seasonal changes off -- now that our trip is done I'm not getting to the boards often enough to update.

They've discontinued Jammin' in the Backlot as well.

So what's in that area now?

Also I removed the note about Paradise Garden Grill being closed; I'm pretty sure I remember it was open again.

I'm not real clear on Season of the Force -- what needs to be changed there?

Last edited:
They took down all the banners that said Season of the Force. I'm pretty sure it's over.

The stage and some of the stuff is still there, but they're not doing anything in the area in the evening anymore.
This past weekend all of the bars and snack places were open at night, there just wasn't any entertainment.

Too bad...I'd rather have something like Mad T Party (or even Jammin' on the Backlot) to go with the bars and snack place, otherwise it just seems like another food location (like the one by Pacific Wharf which has food and drinks).

Once all the new FP machines are installed (e.g. Matterhorn, TSMM, and more!), that will need to be updated. Also, MaxPass when it finally arrives. Have the updates to PP been noted (namely that PP+ disappeared, then reappeared with some changes)? TOT GOTG will be a big change when it opens. All the security changes have happened since this thread stopped last Oct. I'm sure others have much more detailed information!

I'm not sure about security changes since October 2016 since I haven't been since then, so if someone has info on this, do tell. I'll make the Photopass changes -- surprised that wasn't there already!

Last edited:
Westside security has now moved from the west edge of the esplanade (by La Brea Bakery) to the western end of DtD. There is one checkpoint between EOS and ESPN Zone (this is for DLH and PPH guests, as well as other guests coming from that direction). There is another DtD checkpoint between ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe (for guests entering from the Lilo and Stitch parking lots). Bag check procedures are pretty much the same as before (all bags out and open, no weapons, no selfie sticks, no glass, etc.) and all guests 14 and over (I think) go through the metal detectors. (You may request being wanded instead.) There is another security checkpoint at M&F before you board the tram. Coming from M&F, you have the choice to go through security there and board the tram or walk to DtD and go through security there.The turn off to DtD from Disneyland Dr. just north of the entrance to the GCH is now closed. The front entrace to the GCH is now for registered guests only (CMs will ask to see your room key) or for those with a restaurant reservation (have your confirmation number ready; CMs have a list of that day's reservations). Other guests will be directed across the street toward the DtD checkpoint by EOS and ESPN Zone. You can enter the GCH from DtD by Sephora without going through security (because if you are already in DtD, it is assumed that you've already gone through security either on the east or west end of the resort property). However, when you exit the GCH by Sephora, you will go through security again before re-entering DtD.
It may sound rather complicated, but it really isn't. Things are running quite smoothly now.

Since the west side security locations have moved further away from the park, are they open earlier than when it used to be near La Brea? Seems like if they weren't, guests entering at the main entrance would have an entry advantage.

It does seem like that would clear up a lot of the congestion going into DL from DTD in the evenings, though. Has it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter