• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

List for ToT Inaugural 10miler. Who's going, where ya staying, etc.

Don't forget you can take a taxi too if you aren't at a host and you don't want to rent a car. I've also seen on some boards in the past that people will find others staying at their same non-host hotel and share a taxi to cut the cost or get a ride with them if they have their own car/rental.

For this night race - shouldn't be an issue to get a taxi from the hotel to the HS, but make sure that taxi will be coming back at the end - it will be past midnight. I know for the early morning races people try to "reserve" or ask the front desk to make sure there will be taxi's there. Even after that, sometimes people wait a bit for a taxi.

Updated to here!

For this night race - shouldn't be an issue to get a taxi from the hotel to the HS, but make sure that taxi will be coming back at the end - it will be past midnight. I know for the early morning races people try to "reserve" or ask the front desk to make sure there will be taxi's there. Even after that, sometimes people wait a bit for a taxi.

Updated to here!

We were worried about that for the W&D and took the phone # of a taxi company with us to call just in case we had problems after the after party...no issues though...there was a whole line of them waiting and we hopped right in one.

DH and I are running the ten miler!! :cool1::thumbsup2 Wemare staying at CSR, loooove that place!!!! It's Dh's first race, and he has never run before. I just did the Princess in feb and it was my first race. He came down with my parents to spectate and the first thing he said to me at the finish was "I wanna race!" :woohoo:

Updated to es45.

As far as host hotels, I personally like to drive to WDW for 3 1/2 horus and PARK! I then like to use Disney's gas, which I am paying for in a way and I don't get in my car until it's time to head home.

Thank you for keeping the thread updated! If you wish, you can change us to Art of Animation...staying in a Nemo suite instead of the cabins.

I'm in!

Staying with my sister off property.

I'm in.

This weekend I booked us at AOA. I am torn about whether or not I really, really want to stay there or a race resort. I am going to leave it be for a few months until more info on the race comes out. I really want to stay there, but am nervous about getting to the race on my own.

Just changed from ASMu to AOA. :goodvibes I'll be running the 10 miler. DH and DS (12) will be running the 5k. This will be the second rundisney race for me and DS. This will be the first race for DH since he retired from the Army 3 years ago.
...and he said he would never run again...bawahaha. Guess I had other plans. :lmao:

DH (Ken) and I are in for the 10M. The only way I could convince him to do it was I told him we could stay at VWL, so even though it's not a host resort, that's where we'll be!

My DH and I are doing the 10-miler, and unless our waitlist for Beach Club comes through, we'll be at Saratoga.

Patrick and I registered for the 10 miler a while back but forgot to update here. Looking at Art of Animation but haven't booked anything yet.

I am in! Staying at POFQ, and running my first 10 miler! It will be just me all weekend, flying down thursday and back monday.

I was on the waitlist, but now I'm in! We're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. I'm not sure yet how I feel about this, it will be my first race. :lmao: or :yay: or :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter