List for ToT Inaugural 10miler. Who's going, where ya staying, etc.

I was just thinking of starting a thread like this, but you beat me to it. I'm doing the 10 miler and plan on staying at ASMu, but it may change to a different All Star resort.

me my wife and my mother are all doing the 10mi race and all staying at SSR

DH and I are doing the 10 miler as well! It is the last night of our family trip though, so we may be a little slow from all the food and drink from the week! Right now, we are staying at the cabins at FW but there is some discussion about switching to the suites at Art of Animation so we will see!

Hi Tracy

John (JohnVN), DD (Nicole) and myself Kathy (Embroidery Grandma)are doing the TOT

We are staying at Fort Wilderness with our motorhome

Thanks
Kathy

Doing the 10 miler and staying at Beach with my wonderful spouse.

If anyone is willing, I'd love to learn the path from Beach to the Studios before the night of the race. I know I want to be able to walk back or maybe even walk there, but I'm rubbish with directions and reading maps. :blush:

I'm doing the 10 miler, staying at AS Movies (I know its probably the worst option in terms of buses, but its also the only value that I have stayed at only once, so its time to even things up a bit). Solo trip, trying to sneak in as much F&W snacking (visiting for an hour or so each of the 5 days of the trip) and re-doing the D23 scavenger hunt as a I can, with the distant hope of maybe soft openings for the new Fantasyland stuff in btwn.

I signed myself up, did the Princess 1/2 in Feb and another 1/2 in March. Sticking to 5 and 10k's over the summer. I also signed up my non-exercising CM daughter for the TOT, hoping to get her motivated to exercise.

Don't know where I'm staying. Hoping for a good cast member discount at Boardwalk or Yacht Club, if not I'll just stay with my DD in her apartment.

I am doing the 10 mile run. Staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. My wife and son are doing the 5K.

My Lovely, Luscious Bride and I have both signed up. We will be staying at our future retirement home in Celebration

IF the %^#£€~€|<}%. BANK will get all the $&!?$%}]%<€£ paperwork done and get to closing. If not we'll be sleeping in our car in the DHS parking lot. ;)

DH and I are not planning on going until next year, but since we will also be going in December for a family trip and we typically go only every 2 years or so, we are starting to save now.

My question is this, is the transportation to and from the race worth staying at a host hotel, or are the host hotels not overly crowded in comparssion to other hotels on property?

We really like pop, but to not have to rent a car would be great also and based on this years host we would probably stay at ASMovies, although I would love nothing more than to stay POR and definetly at BW or BC since it will be DH and mine first trip with just the 2 of us, but I don't think that will be in the budget. I'm just hopeing for free dining for that time next year also!!

Thanks for your help!!

DH and I are not planning on going until next year, but since we will also be going in December for a family trip and we typically go only every 2 years or so, we are starting to save now.

My question is this, is the transportation to and from the race worth staying at a host hotel, or are the host hotels not overly crowded in comparssion to other hotels on property?

We really like pop, but to not have to rent a car would be great also and based on this years host we would probably stay at ASMovies, although I would love nothing more than to stay POR and definetly at BW or BC since it will be DH and mine first trip with just the 2 of us, but I don't think that will be in the budget. I'm just hopeing for free dining for that time next year also!!

Thanks for your help!!

For me, yes, it is worth it to stay at a host hotel. I like the direct transportation to the expo and the dedicated buses before and after the race. I never noticed crowding at the hotels for any of the Disney races that I've run. In fact, it is great fun to meet fellow runners at the pool, dining areas, etc. during your stay.

Updated to es45.

As far as host hotels, I personally like to drive to WDW for 3 1/2 horus and PARK! I then like to use Disney's gas, which I am paying for in a way and I don't get in my car until it's time to head home.

Thanks for your help!!

Don't forget you can take a taxi too if you aren't at a host and you don't want to rent a car. I've also seen on some boards in the past that people will find others staying at their same non-host hotel and share a taxi to cut the cost or get a ride with them if they have their own car/rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter