Lisa & Dave's PJ: Home Wedding 8/2/09-MORE WEDDING PHOTOS!!

Which flower colors/options do you like best? (see photos at bottom of page)

• Light to Medium pinks with blue hydrangeas

• Light to Dark pinks

• Dark pinks/magentas with some cornflowers & gerbera daises

• No pink - pick another color

Results are only viewable after voting.
New Wedding Dress Photos:

Here are some photos I took of me in my dress at my last fitting. We eneded up adding sheer straps/sleeves to the dress. Please excuse the belly...I will be wearing some good spanks and bettter bra so it should look alot better the day of. Also the necklace i had bought does not seem to show well in pictures so I will probably be just wearing a drop pearl that my mother has to go with the earings I bought. Unfortuantely I can't do anything about my flabby arms. But I think everything will look better once I am all put together:

3755248574_668a930ddf.jpg

3754448033_1f4c5f34f2.jpg

And here are some pics of the dress on its own:

3755553316_f7f7f4cbd3.jpg

3754500899_3bca370e8a.jpg

3754501073_e5f3befb37.jpg

Hair and Makeup Trial - Need Opinions

A casual friend of mine who is a hair dresser said she would do my hair and makeup for the wedding as her wedding gift to me, which is awesome of her!

Here is the hair and makeup from the trial (ignore the lipstick...I am picking out a new shade this weekend to wear the day of):

3754446845_52ca632cf8.jpg

3755468922_9bdf7636a2.jpg

3754446441_912cd16c70.jpg

3754446687_9d2a6dacbc.jpg

Makeup up close (excuse the unwaxed eyebrows - they will be done):
3754447315_ab09e5362b.jpg

I loved everything when I was there when I looked in the mirror - I thought it was perfect! But then I got home and looked at the pictures and had some concerns and delayed thoughts. So I could use some honest opinions on these things:

1. Eye Makeup - I think it looks great but I am concerned the colors might be too dark or too bold - should I have her do more neutral colors or leave as is?

2. Hair - I realized two things after I got home. The first is that I realized that I had told her to do low curls and the veil on top. But for some reason it just hit me that I will be covering up all those beautiful curls for the ceremony. Do you think it would be horrible if I ask her if she can put the curls higher for the veil to go underneath? I expressed some of my concerns about the hair already to her but not this in particular. She said she can always change my hair and that is was up to me. So I think it would be ok but I jsut feel bad being a pain in the butt. Also I realized that the way the hair is pulled back is giving me a major widows peak and making my face look a bit too round. So I think I going to have her pull my hair back across and curls higher up, kind of like this (played with it myself to get a general idea):

3755246608_30c4936da0.jpg

What do you guys think? Need some honest opinions - and I am being too difficult?

The cake was so cute for the bridal shower.

I like the cake topper and the engraveable frame is the same one I have been looking at getting, good choice :thumbsup2

Okay, if you want honest, I don't care for the makeup (the eye makeup that is). I do agree with you that the eye makeup is a little much. You should has something that makes your eyes glow, I just think it is too dark. And if you are questioning it, that should tell you something. You could do a nice shimmery pink, or gold/silver, something more neutral I think something in the pink family would look nice.

Your hair looks cute, I love the curls (I'm thinking of doing something similar, just higher on my head) and if it would make you feel better putting it higher, then tell her, it may be her gift, but it's your wedding day.

The cake was so cute for the bridal shower.

I like the cake topper and the engraveable frame is the same one I have been looking at getting, good choice :thumbsup2

Okay, if you want honest, I don't care for the makeup (the eye makeup that is). I do agree with you that the eye makeup is a little much. You should has something that makes your eyes glow, I just think it is too dark. And if you are questioning it, that should tell you something. You could do a nice shimmery pink, or gold/silver, something more neutral I think something in the pink family would look nice.

Your hair looks cute, I love the curls (I'm thinking of doing something similar, just higher on my head) and if it would make you feel better putting it higher, then tell her, it may be her gift, but it's your wedding day.

Thank you, I do appreciate your honesty. I am having difficulties with the makeup thing, bc the girl that is doing it likes to wear dark eyeshadow and likes to do makeup that way...but I don't normally wear it that dark...I was thinking about pink and playing around with it...it is just tough because I don't want to offend her or be too difficult...but your right it is my day. I will have to talk to her again. Thanks!

Lisa - wanting something done a specific way is ok :)

I am with you on the eye shadow - it would be great for an evening out, but i agree it is a tad heavy on the dark side.

If you don't like how the makeup came out, go to a MAC counter at MACYs and see if they can give you colirs for your eyes. The dark eyes and pink lips and blush are contrasting for me. I like the lip color and the blush color, just not loving the eyes

i really like the hair higher - i agree with you 100%. your stylist should be able to accomodate that easily and make suggestions for what fits YOU best. If she doesn't or can't do what you really want, thank her nicely for the gift and go elsewhere. You don't want to have a lot of I wish I hads when you look at your pics for the next 50 years

you are the bride, it is your day :bride: (ok, and a tiny bit dave's too)

Lisa - wanting something done a specific way is ok :)

I am with you on the eye shadow - it would be great for an evening out, but i agree it is a tad heavy on the dark side.

If you don't like how the makeup came out, go to a MAC counter at MACYs and see if they can give you colirs for your eyes. The dark eyes and pink lips and blush are contrasting for me. I like the lip color and the blush color, just not loving the eyes

i really like the hair higher - i agree with you 100%. your stylist should be able to accomodate that easily and make suggestions for what fits YOU best. If she doesn't or can't do what you really want, thank her nicely for the gift and go elsewhere. You don't want to have a lot of I wish I hads when you look at your pics for the next 50 years

you are the bride, it is your day :bride: (ok, and a tiny bit dave's too)

Thanks you for the advice, Jody. In fact, I normally use MAC makeup and I need to get a lipstick anyway so I was planning on going this week. My friend doing the hair and makeup actually gets a really good discount at MAC so she said she could get me some makeup if I wanted. So I meeting up with her on Tuesday to get lipstick and I am going to talk to her then and pick out some different eye shadows.

oh good! that is an excellant discount they receive.

I am sure you will find some awesome colors :bride:

Checking in late... but another vote for the changes you made to your hair and lighter eyes.

I love the higher curls and hair swept off to the side of your face... it looks gorgeous on you and you'll be able to wear your veil under your curls and show them off.

I also agree that a softer pink (with maybe purple accents?) on your eyes would look much better... not a huge fan of the dark eyes. The lips/cheeks look awesome though... love the dewey look of your lips. :)

Lisa-I agree with Pumbaa_ that the eyes and lipcolor seem to contrast each other. I'd also add that I think the larger problem with the eye color is its redness (I know it's not actually RED). It just seems to make your eyes look red instead of highlighting them. There may be a more neutral/cooler color that would work better.

And a trip to MAC a couple times to try on the colors would definitely help firm it up in your mind.

But, I really love the hair!

Thanks guys!! I really needed honest opinions bc I liked the eye makeup when I saw it in the mirror at her place, but in pictures it has a totally different effect. I think it will be easier when I meet her at MAC bc I can show her exactly what I want. And I agree....I think the pink/purlpish eyes would look really good....I tried doing some of that myself but couldn't get it to show right...but I just realized I didn't have any coverup or foundation on at the time so it wouldn't have stood out as much. I am going to try some different colors with her there so she can see what it is I want.

Regarding the hair, I am also going to let her know that I want the bangs across (I just feel like that is more me) and that I would like the curls on top so I can show them off with the veil underneath.:bride:

Thank you sooooo much again!! You are all a very big help!! :goodvibes

i love the idea of bangs across too, with the bangs and the curls nice coss between your regular day look and dressy with the curls.

lighter lips too will show less smudging with the kissing you will be doing :hug: and less on dave :rotfl:

it will be nice too for you to own the colors you are using for touch ups and to recreate the look on your honeymoon :)

i love the idea of bangs across too, with the bangs and the curls nice coss between your regular day look and dressy with the curls.

lighter lips too will show less smudging with the kissing you will be doing :hug: and less on dave :rotfl:

it will be nice too for you to own the colors you are using for touch ups and to recreate the look on your honeymoon :)

I agree with owning the colors...and actually the girl that is doing my hair and makeup had been invited to my wedding before she even offered to do everything, so coincidentally she will be there to help touch up anything that may need it! Her mother and my mother are longtime friends and we have all gone to New York to see broadway shows together several times, bc me and her have that same love for musical theatre.

Hello there!

Dave, the DF here. Don't worry, I'm not reading any of the pages unless Lisa has told me it's safe. I don't need to get beaten up! :rolleyes1

Just wanted to say thanks for the support with the issues with the best man and job. Much more drama than certainly either of us wanted leading up to this wedding, but I think it'll all work out, for sure! I'm not as active in the DIS community as Lisa is, but I certainly love Disney and the people we have met because of it!

Keep us in your thoughts this week! Still plenty to do, including a job interview for me tomorrow! :woohoo:

All the best,
Dave

Hi Daave :yay: it is getting close! You guys had much more drama then you needed, but you handled it so well. Bodes well for your future if you can handle the crisis that you have during this time

counting down!!:thumbsup2

Hi Lisa (and Dave)
Just getting caught up with your plans. I'm real excited about your wedding!! I think you look great with the bangs. And I agree that the eye shadow is a little on the dark side. You're going to look great!! I talked to your mom and she's surprised that I know so much about your wedding. I'll see you on Sunday!!!
Joan

Only day left until my wedding!! Woohooo! Still have a few things to run around and do today....going to the nail salon for tips and a peticure (I could use a bit of pampering after this week!).

By the way, we had one last bit of drama with Dave's job.... we have been very tight on money recently and were going to need his whole last pay check to pay for a few last minute things for the wedding and also to cover the DJ. (BC my next pay isn't until next week) Well his former employer took several hundred dollars out of his paycheck to charge him for a non-refundable plane ticket to Chicago, bc he didn't go on his last job! We were really pissed. However, legally, I don't believe they can do that. He did not book the ticket, the company did (so it was their stupid fault for not booking a refundable ticket) and it was for their company trade show, not a client.

In any case, Dave's uncle is actually a work dispute judge in another state, so Dave will talk to him this weekend about it to see what he says. How crazy can people be? Thank goodness he is out of there! And Dave's mother was wonderful bc she saved the day and is loaning us the money for the DJ until next week. Phew...that was a close one!

BTW, I don't know if I mentioned our wedding music....

for the Ceremony, we are using 3 songs from the Disney Fairtyale Instrumental CD- the bridesmaids will come into Can You Feel the Love Tonight...I will walk into When You Wish Upon a Star....and we will walk out to A Whole New World.

I was listening to the music yesterday and I unknowingly started to cry!! I am getting sappy these last few days!:love:

:bride: Congratulations!! Hope everything went off without a hitch. :bride:

Happy Wedding Day!!

Thanks!!! The wedding went great!! I can't believe it is over already!! It is going to take some time to call my fiance my husband and be a Mrs.!! Things all went very smoothly...very few hiccups!! I should get pics back fairly quickly so I will be posting those soon. The venue where we had our wedding did a fantastic job on the set up, the timing, the catering and just overall running of the event. All of our vendorws were fantastic as well....can't wait to see the pics...love our photographer...he really seemed to know what he was doing and we never felt akward taking pictures with him behind the camera. He is actually from Africa and I loved his accent...I wish I could have talked to him more actually haha!!

I will have some pics soon!!

Hi
I just wanted to let everyone know that Lisa had the most beautiful wedding. She looked fantastic and the place was beautiful. Our tables had silver stars on them and also place cards with the names of Disney characters. My DH and I were at the Alladin and Princess Jasmine table. Everyone seemed to have a really good time. I'm anxious to see the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter