Liquor in luggage

scw2step

Earning My Ears
Disney site states that you can NOT have liquor in your luggage. Hs anyone ever had a problem trying this? Just wanted to bring a bottle of wine or two for the nighttime at our resort. I can't see how Disney would be scanning luggage after receiving it form the airport. Thanks.

Scott

I had no idea that was a rule! I'm pretty sure my mom did when we went last August. Not her carry on of course, in her checked luggage.

I'm not telling you to break a rule, but how would they know?

Is this for Walt Disney World or Disney Cruise Line? For DCL you can carry aboard all the booze you want but you can't put it in your checked bags. I never heard that you can't have booze in your luggage at WDW.

Do you mean for storing it in the resort or shipping it via Magical Express?

I could understand that rule although I have never seen it.

I witnessed once a guest complaining at the Beach Club because someone's bottle of red wine had busted in a suitcase, and it got all over their suitcase and some others apparently.

The cruise line does say that you must carry any beverage containers aboard with you, and anything they deem "fragile" that you leave in checked luggage could be confiscated. And yes, all checked luggage is scanned before it is brought aboard the ships. But I certainly never heard that regarding the Disney resorts. You do have to realize that the luggage is not treated gently...it's stacked up in the trucks, and thrown around sometimes.

You sure alcohol in your suitcase is going to make it to the resort? It could go missing at the airport.

My friend brought a whole suitcase of alcohol last year. She got all plastic bottles so there was no breakage. I am not aware of an actual rule regarding that. :confused3

http://www.amazon.com/Shampbooze-pack-16oz-Shampoo-Conditioner/dp/B006RDLA9Y

Okay full disclosure. I bought these because my dad and I were having a ball reading about all the rum runner and ways around the cruise industry 'no alcohol' rule. People go to crazy lengths.

So I bought them and we filled one with my dads choice and one with my choice. We kinda expected to get them confiscated and we were fine with that and just would have bought drinks OOP. (I did buy juice and water from the onboard store and they also sell booze).

:rotfl: They totally worked. Not that it mattered in the long run. (my dad did drink his, plus bought maybe 1 or 2 drinks OOP, I on the other hand came back with 3/4th of my bottle full) It was really more academic, but hey it was fun.

IF Disney did not allow liquor there would be thread apon thread about ways to get around it (maybe not here as it's against the rules) on the various message boards out in Internet land.

So it's a moot point, but if you're looking for a way to transport liquor, I totally recommend these. Amazon about $20 (booze not included) ;)

PS they flew in checked luggage with no spillage.

For those that rent a car they sell wine and beer at Walmart in Orlando. First thing we did after we checked in at our hotel was ran over there and picked up wine, beer and some snacks/ items for the kids and a Halloween costume for my niece. So much easier then worrying about it breaking in our luggage or being confiscated.

Wow. We don't bring it with us but we usually have it going home (because we never have as much down time at the resort as we think we're going to have). Of course we have to claim it at customs but I can't imagine where else you would put it if not in your luggage. :confused3

I know somebody who packed cans of soup in their suitcase to bring to wdw --I wonder is soup is allowed in the luggage.

Sorry guys I've been looking all over and now can NOT find it on the site. Boo me:( hopefully I just was overrun w disney info and imagined this. Sounds like it's certainly not an issue. Sorry for the freak out:)

Here is the TSA information on transporting alcoholic beverages. There is a limit on the amount and an outright prohibition on transporting beverages exceeding 70% alcohol content.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/alcoholic-beverages

I don't recall ever seeing anything on the DME paperwork, so I'd be curious to see that too.

Thank you for that link!! We have brought booze on/off ....to/from Disney for years now......glad to know we were staying within the guidelines!!:goodvibes

Also.....if we take a car service from the airport, we do a "grocery/booze" run on our way to the resort. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter