Liquor Buys in Nassau??

PoohJen

<font color=green>Willing to share a Mickey Bar?<b
HI Everyone!

I know St. Thomas was supposed to be a good port for buying quality alcohols cheaply; when we sailed there in 2004, I also got some great flavored rums as thank you gifts for folks back home.

And yes, the duty free shop on the ship has some very good prices/sales.

But I am wondering, is the Bahamas (i.e., Nassau) also an inexpensive port for liquor? I am sailing the Wonder in December and was hoping to find some good buys for gifts.:flower3:

(yes, Hannosmom, gifts! :rolleyes1 :laughing: )

TIA!!!:cheer2:

Depends on liquor prices in your area. Price competition here is huge, so prices aren't much of a bargain for us. And these days, the big hassle is getting booze home on a plane.

Depends on liquor prices in your area. Price competition here is huge, so prices aren't much of a bargain for us. And these days, the big hassle is getting booze home on a plane.

Here the stores are state regulated, no competition. On my last 2 cruises, I found Baileys, for example, to be significantly cheaper than in the US.

But you are right, I completely forgot about the flight home; I usually drive to Florida, but not this trip. Hmmm...need to think about this...:rolleyes1

Here the stores are state regulated, no competition. On my last 2 cruises, I found Baileys, for example, to be significantly cheaper than in the US.

But you are right, I completely forgot about the flight home; I usually drive to Florida, but not this trip. Hmmm...need to think about this...:rolleyes1

I discovered how little hard liquor we actually drink after our first cruise with a stop in Nassau in 1983.....we brought home one bottle of rum, and there are still about 3 ounces left in that bottle right now!!

I almost bought a bottle of Baileys last week at the grocery store they wanted $13 for for the small bottle, and $18 for the big one, BevMo however had the same sizes for $11 AND $16. What does Bailey's run in your area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter