Liquor and/or Beer Tastings and What's on tap?

pluto1979

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
We are getting ready to go on the Dream in March. Can someone please inform me about the Liquor and/or Beer tastings such as how much they cost, what type of tastings they usually have on 5 day cruises and since I do not drink but the other person in my party does, can I attend it without be charged for it? About how long do they last and is it worth the cost?

Lastly, what kind of beer do they have on tap? We are interested in doing the beer mug but usually only drink Guinness. If it is not on tap will they still fill the mug with Guinness?

Thanks Friends and Happy Sailing!!!

Hi All,
We are getting ready to go on the Dream in March. Can someone please inform me about the Liquor and/or Beer tastings such as how much they cost, what type of tastings they usually have on 5 day cruises and since I do not drink but the other person in my party does, can I attend it without be charged for it? About how long do they last and is it worth the cost?

Lastly, what kind of beer do they have on tap? We are interested in doing the beer mug but usually only drink Guinness. If it is not on tap will they still fill the mug with Guinness?

Thanks Friends and Happy Sailing!!!

In one of the tasting we did there was a couple there that only paid for one. I don't know if that was an exception or not. All the ones we did ranged from $15-30 and lasted about an hour.
I know they only fill the mug with what is on tap and at least on the Magic there was no Guinness on tap.

I did a tequila tasting on my 4 night last August and a mixology class last weekend on my 3 night. They were both $15 pp. My advice is to go to guest services on embarkation day and they can tell you exactly which tastings will be offered and when. You can sign up right there.

The mixology class was a lot of fun. We mixed 3 different drinks ourselves. We even got to make one from behind the bar! :cool1:

If you are a draft beer fan you are going to be disappointed in the Dream. The sports pub "687" has only one tap and they use it for their special beer (not Guinness). There are taps in other areas but I don't know if they use them to serve Guinness. The lack of draft is supposedly to be rectified on the Fantasy, we'll see.

They do have Guinness available, likely in cans or bottles.

We got guinness on tap, on the magic in 2010. We were kind of surprised they did the mugs with guinness.(people tend to post $4.50 as the refill price on here, but the price does vary, Stella and Guinness cost more than $4.50-I think they were closer to $6 or $7) The tap beers vary from ship to ship and bar to bar and cruise to cruise depending on if they run out or not, but you do see the same ones pop up. Amber Bock, bud light, Michelobe Ultra, Yeungling, Stella Artois, 687(Dream craft beer),Guinness.

These are our tasting trays of beer
34si49s.jpg

Ok, Found it, here is our guinness on the Magic :)
mtl4zs.jpg

We did a tequila/margarita tasting on our recent 3-night Dream cruise, and we really really enjoyed it. Our bartender was Oscar, and he was a lot of fun - we even tried the whole next day to find him again so he could make us another one of those perfect margaritas that we tasted.

For $15pp, we got three shots of tequila and two decent sized margaritas, and a little bit of a history lesson. We really loved it, and plan on seeking out more tasting opportunities on future cruises. Mixology will be the first thing we ask about.

We did the beer tasting on the Dream last July and it was $15/pp.
Beers were Miller light, Peroni, Sierra Nevada IPA (I think), Honey Brown Ale and Guiness. (there might have been one more in that grouping). They did do refills on some of them as well. All were either from Bottles or cans.

Great! Thanks for all the help! Now I need to decide what we want to do!

Many Thanks and happy cruising to you all!!!

Thanks for all the info! We cruise in 6 weeks :cheer2: and plan to do at least the tequila (my drink of choice) tasting :thumbsup2

I just received an email from Disney Concierge. We can start reserving this weekend. I saw at the bottom of the email that beer tasting was a choice. I think DH would love it and I might surprise him with it.

Do you receive the mug as a gift for the beer tasting?
And what time of day are they (usually)?
And can I sit with him and not pay for the tasting? I don't drink.

I just received an email from Disney Concierge. We can start reserving this weekend. I saw at the bottom of the email that beer tasting was a choice. I think DH would love it and I might surprise him with it.

Do you receive the mug as a gift for the beer tasting?
And what time of day are they (usually)?
And can I sit with him and not pay for the tasting? I don't drink.
Wait, you can reserve tastings? That has never been an option to book ahead before.

It was on the list of things that the concierge stated they can reserve for us.
Do they tell you the times on the initial email? I'm very curious about this since I had always heard the tasting schedule was determined cruise to cruise.

Thanks for any information you can share. I've already done most of our early bookings for May, but if they can book tastings too, that would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter