Lipstick recommendations-inexpensive

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
At my age (over 60), I like the creamier lipsticks on my lips, but they don't last and the lipstick wears off on every coffee cup of coffee, glass, etc. But the ones I've used that are advertised as "long-lasting" "won't wear off" are so dry! Any suggestions for one that won't break the bank? Actually, I tend to buy my cosmetics at drug stores.

Maybelline Super Stay 24. One side is the color, you put it on, let it dry for a minute or so, and the other side is the shine. I love it!! Stays on the entire day.....and then some

My favorite drugstore lipstick is Milani Color Statement at Target. They wear as nicely as my Urban Decay and Bare Mineral ones. My favorite colors are Dulce and Naturally Chic.

I second Milani, but also love the Korean beauty products like their lip stains. You can get them for cheap on Amazon.

So it has been a couple years since I bought lipstick, ever since I was diagnosed with a lanolin allergy I'm afraid of makeup. But I used to love Rimmel lipsticks, they looked and felt really creamy and rich, and it's not an expensive brand.

I've tried the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink lipsticks. They really are long wearing & don't come off like some others. I think it has to do with the matte quality. If it was shiny, it would be slippery & not stay on. But these really do stay on once they've set.

I tend to layer them with a cheaper, sheer lip color on top for some shine. (I like E.L.F. Cosmetics from the dollar store as my cheaper sheers. I never found a shiny lip color stay on. So why spend the money on them?) But they've been staying on better over the Maybelline Mattes.

I've also mixed the matte colors together with the sheers to get a more intense sheer and they still stay on.

https://www.maybelline.com/lip-makeup/lipstick/superstay-matte-ink-liquid-lipstick/loyalist

They wash off with soap & water. No need for the SuperStay Eraser.

If you are at a Target & they have a make up person on duty, they may have the Maybelline matte testers available so you can find your right color. The colors are really saturated, that's also why I mix them with a sheer color.

Last edited:

Maybelline Super Stay 24. One side is the color, you put it on, let it dry for a minute or so, and the other side is the shine. I love it!! Stays on the entire day.....and then some

This is my favorite.....now if only they would stop discontinuing the colors I like

Colour Pop. I've tried most if not all of their lip products and they're amazing. The matte colors are my favorite and don't dry out my lips at all.

Not necessarily on the cheaper side, but if you're looking for something that doesn't come off on everything, lipsense is pretty good. You'd have to find a private seller.

Do you feel it after you apply the shine? I tried on one combo like that years ago at a beauty tradeshow. Sure, once the shiny liquid dried, it was definitely waterproof & stayed on. Nothing would budge it. However, it was like applying a lacquer or clear nail polish on the lips. And it had to be removed with a special remover. I definitely felt it on. :crazy2:

Do you feel it after you apply the shine? I tried on one combo like that years ago at a beauty tradeshow. Sure, once the shiny liquid dried, it was definitely waterproof & stayed on. Nothing would budge it. However, it was like applying a lacquer or clear nail polish on the lips. And it had to be removed with a special remover. I definitely felt it on. :crazy2:
I've been using it for years and find that the lightest coat of color works all day. I even blot it with a tissue before letting it dry. I do not feel the lipstick on my lips after it dries.

I like the NYX Soft Matte. My shade is Abu Dhabi

I like that! When I checked on-line, it showed me all 22 shades, then if I clicked on it, it would tell me the name of that shade. My favorite turned out to be Abu Dhabi.

Not necessarily on the cheaper side, but if you're looking for something that doesn't come off on everything, lipsense is pretty good. You'd have to find a private seller.

I second this. This is all I buy anymore. I can put it on first thing in the morning and it's still there when I go to bed a night. I've never had another lipstick do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter