*~* Lions, and Tigers, and A Tiny Princess - Oh My *~*

DISNEYmooner2008

Mommy to a Princess
Welcome!! Or, as they say at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo!! We are back from a great trip to WDW and I'm ready to start a new Pre-Trip Report! Sit back, grab a dole whip, and enjoy the ride!!

First of all, lets cover the basics.

The Cast

Me - Amber - 21

I'll introduce myself first. I'm Amber, and I'm 21-years old. I'm a stay at home mom to a beautiful Princess named Ava, a loving wife to my best friend Richard, and a college student majoring in Nursing. I am studying to be an obstetrical nurse and can't wait to finish college and begin work. I am a true Southern girl who loves her grits and sweet tea and can't understand why in the world Walt Disney World doesn't serve their tea sweetened! I was born and raised in South Carolina and love it here!! As far as Disney goes, the Princesses are of course my favorite, but I also love entire Winnie the Pooh gang, and of course Mickey and Minnie!! My all time favorite Disney movie would have to be The Little Mermaid.

Hubby - Richard - 23

Next is my hubby. He is an amazing father, and an even more amazing husband. Richard works for the South Carolina Department of Corrections as an officer and thoroughly enjoys his job!! He is also a member of the national guard. He is a true Southern boy who loves hunting, fishing, and trucks! His favorite Disney character is Goofy, and his all time favorite Disney movie is Cars.

Our daughter - Ava - 4 months

Next is our first little Princess. Ava Brooklyn was born December 20, 2008. She has brought a whole new meaning to our lives, and we love her so much! She already has such a personality and I can't wait to bring her up to love Disney as much as I do! She's already taken her first trip to WDW - she was 10 weeks old. Clearly she was too young to get much out of it, but I like to think that she enjoyed it!! She will be 15 months old on our next trip and I can't wait!! I would have to say her favorite characters are Mickey, Pooh, and Tiger - all of which she has stuffed animals of and loves them!!

My mom & dad - Suzanne & Doug - ??

This will be my mom and dad's first trip to Disney ever!! They have never had the opportunity to go, but we are taking them with us on this trip!! My dad is more laid back about it, he's happy to go, but doesn't care *that* much. My mom is SUPER, SUPER, SUPER excited about going and talks about it on a daily basis. I'm very excited for them to go and experience the magic! My dad doesn't really have favorite Disney characters or movies, but my mom's absolute favorite character is Eeyore!!

When, Where, How??​

When: So, when is this trip planned for?? Tentatively this trip is scheduled for February 26 - March 5, 2010. Of course this may change slightly, but for now - those are our dates.

Where: We are planning on staying at Animal Kingdom Villas by renting points from a DVC member. We are planning on staying our first 2 nights at either a value or moderate to avoid having to rent double points for weekends. We aren't really sure which other resort we'll be staying at, but we *KNOW* AKV is where we'll spend the bulk of our trip. This year we stayed at CSR and didn't much care for it.... We loved AKL in 2008, so we are going back to that.

How: We'll be flying. This will be my dad's first flight ever, my mom's first flight in 30 years, and we'll be flying with a 15 month old - should be interesting!!

Here are a few pics for you guys to enjoy and to help you get to know us better!! I only have a pic of granny and pop with Ava on the day she was born, so I'll have to get an updated pic!

SELL728.jpg

0306091742-12.jpg

03080918282.jpg

SELL651.jpg

SELL642.jpg

SELL246.jpg

I'm not really sure where else we'll stay other than Animal Kingdom Villas. We are renting DVC points for our stay and at double the points for Friday and Saturday nights, we just can't afford the weekend!! So we are going to do our first two nights at either a moderate or a value, and then the other 5 nights at Animal Kingdom Villas. I can't decided whether to do 2 Savannah View Studios, or a Savannah View 1 Bedroom Villa. I like the idea of having everyone stay in one unit, but I really think we'll benefit by having 2 bathrooms with the 2 studios, VS 1 bathroom with the 1 bedroom. Hopefully if we decide to go with the studios we can get 2 side by side.

Well, it's time to start thinking about dining plans..... I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START!! We are doing the deluxe dining plan, so we'll be doing a few signature dinners. My mom and I also want to do tea at the GF which I know isn't included on the DP.

Also need to decide where to stay for the first two nights... We know we'll do a value, but where???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter