Lion King on Tour

santa's surpriz

DIS Veteran
I just back from seeing the Lion King broadway prodution oon tour. It was absolutely incredible! We had second row seats that I bought four months ago...it was definitely worth the wait and the money. I don't think DD6 blinked the entire show! If any one ever has a chance to see it, don't miss it! And don't be late the beginning is just amazing! I teared up...the same tears I get when I pass under the "Welome to Walt Disney World" sign!

We saw it last year (Me, DH, & kids). My DH was not thrilled about going but at intermission he looked at me & said 'This is the most amazing show I've ever seen'.
Trying to explain it to people is so difficult. I just tell them to go see it.

We saw it last winter. DH balked about the cost, but it was well worth it. The show was beautiful and the performers were first rate.

I saw it several years ago, and have fond memories of it. It's an incredible show, and I agree, the perfomers are top-notch, and the introduction is breath-taking!

My husband wants to see this, and it's coming to Kansas City for 6 weeks. I would love to see it, too, but it's pretty expensive. The kicker is, he wants to take or 20 mo. old to see it. Is is something she will enjoy, or will it be a complete waste of money if we take her to see it? How long is the show?

Thanks! and sorry for the hijack!
Brenda

My husband wants to see this, and it's coming to Kansas City for 6 weeks. I would love to see it, too, but it's pretty expensive. The kicker is, he wants to take or 20 mo. old to see it. Is is something she will enjoy, or will it be a complete waste of money if we take her to see it? How long is the show?

Thanks! and sorry for the hijack!
Brenda

I'm not even sure they would let her attend the show. When I saw it in Tampa, I believe the youngest children they allowed in the theater were five year olds. People got dressed up, and it seemed like a much more formal event (not black tie or anything, but no jeans, either). That said, even if you could get a ticket for her, I don't think you should buy a ticket for a child that young. It's a long show, with an intermission. It's also somewhat darker than the traditional animated feature. I can't see a young child sitting through it without being noisy, getting bored, etc.

We saw it last winter in Pittsburgh, PA. It was a sub zero night, but the freezing cold walk of three blocks was well worth it. Even DH, who was skeptical about going said it was amazing. DS (age 5 at the time) was mesmerized. An older lady was sitting next to DH, she said she had so much fun watching DS watch the show. And when he started giggling over Timon and Pumba everyone around was watching him, he gets a very cute infectious laugh sometimes !!
Next winter we are hoping to see ChittyChitty BangBang. Well, at least I am hoping to go, I think DS would enjoy that too.

I'm not even sure they would let her attend the show. When I saw it in Tampa, I believe the youngest children they allowed in the theater were five year olds. People got dressed up, and it seemed like a much more formal event (not black tie or anything, but no jeans, either). That said, even if you could get a ticket for her, I don't think you should buy a ticket for a child that young. It's a long show, with an intermission. It's also somewhat darker than the traditional animated feature. I can't see a young child sitting through it without being noisy, getting bored, etc.

There some babies at the performance I attended (never would have known they were there) and they certainly let the woman behind me in with her 2 & 3 year olds! Tickets for our show had to be purchased thru Ticketmaster and there is no age requirements when ordering tickets thru them. I wish there were...I could handle the sudden outburst bc it was definitely exciting at any age and I could handle the rattling of the snak bags, but when the 3 year old starting kicking my seat and not stopping & then the two year old kept pounding his fists at my daughter's seat, I nicely had the mom to make them stop! I paid way too much for my tickets in the first place (we sat in the 2nd row) much less to have it spoiled by annoying kids. Thank gosh they fell asleep after intermission. I really don't see a 20 month old sitting that long, it's about two hours. But I saw a few couples with babies, but they never made a noise the entire show, I'm not sure how the parents did it! My DD is 6, and did not budge the entire time, on the edge of her seat and not a blink. She was on her best behavior.

Maybe it's Columbus, Ohio but I saw many people in jeans, I always consider the theater a formal affair. Both my daughter got dressed up.

DH and I saw the show in July at the Kennedy Center. I knew it was going to be an amazing show but nothing prepared me for the overwhelming feeling and goosebumps I got the minute the music began and I saw the first of the animal performers. At the end of the show, I could barely hold back my tears and when the last musical note was played I found myself jumping to my feet and applauding like my hands were going to fall off!!! It's an experience I'll never forget. :thumbsup2

I agree! We saw it several years ago and I still can remember it like it was yesterday. We go to see a Broadway Show every year and this is the only show that I thought was so good, I would go see it again!
I have a 2 yo DD and I think she would love it! I was planning on taking her even though she is young. We saw plenty of kids when were there so I don't think it will be a problem. Hope this helps!

Thanks for all of your replies (about my 20 mo. old)! I really think she would enjoy it, but I'm not prepared to spend that kind of money for her to misbehave (as any toddler would) and ruin the experience for us and everyone around us. We've got a trip planned to the world next year (her first), so we'll get to see WDW's version and have many chances to see it without it costing us any more money! ;)

Thanks again!
Brenda

Thanks for all of your replies (about my 20 mo. old)! I really think she would enjoy it, but I'm not prepared to spend that kind of money for her to misbehave (as any toddler would) and ruin the experience for us and everyone around us. We've got a trip planned to the world next year (her first), so we'll get to see WDW's version and have many chances to see it without it costing us any more money! ;)

Thanks again!
Brenda

FYI, the Lion King show at AK is nothing like the Broadway production. A lot of people find it fun and exciting, but it can't compare to the live stage show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter