Lion King Characters

Harters2WDW

DIS Veteran
I took my DD6 to see the national tour of the Lion King last night. She's now obsessed with the Lion King (and has been for the weeks leading up to the performance). Are any of the characters out for meet and greets? We've seen Festival of the Lion King twice, but have always been on a search for the princesses.

TIA! :)

Timon appears for special events like MNSSHP and MVMCP and randomly at other times but he's pretty hit or miss. ETA: I forgot about Rakifi he is at his Planet Watch area 99% of the time. Those are the only Lion King meetable charecters but after the FOTLK show you can snap pictures of Pumba and Simba on thier floats w/ your kiddo in front of them.

Timon is most often at AK at the entrance during the mornings and occasionally at Camp Mickey Minnie area.

Timon meets outside the gates to Animal Kingdom in the morning and Rafiki meets throughout the day at Planet Watch. Meet times on my blog in my signature.

Rafiki is at Rafiki's Planet Watch in Animal Kingdom. You have to take the wildlife express train to the conservation station. We saw him on 2/16.

I think you'll definately find Rafiki at some point, I've met him in the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Since Timon is my fave, I'm sad that I find it hard to get a pic with him. I only found him on my last trip at the Halloween party, which I was really happy about, it was 2 days before I was leaving and I'd given up hope of finding him!

If your daughter is a huge Lion King fan then the Lion King show in Animal Kingdom is a must! So much fun! Have a good time :)

Timon is in MiSiCi Street Party at MK. While not a M&G, your DD can dance with him for an opportunity for GREAT candid shots!

Hopefully someone can confirm - I have heard that Timon, Rafiki and some other character are at the Garden Grove character meal at the Swan/Dolphin. I've never been there, though so can't confirm.

Hopefully someone can confirm - I have heard that Timon, Rafiki and some other character are at the Garden Grove character meal at the Swan/Dolphin. I've never been there, though so can't confirm.

No, just goofy & pluto right now. Only meet is ak oasis

This is correct and I think the other character is Pluto although non are guaranteed. If you go to the Dining site to make reservations it will give you the standard characters for the meal at the Swan or Dolphin.

Neither Timon or Rafiki are confirmed characters for this meal. We were going to make a reservation as we're huge Lion King fans, however we were told they often don't appear and other random characters do so we didn't bother.

Timon was out every morning we were there a few weeks ago in front of Animal Kingdom between the security bag check and ticket entry. Rafiki was at the Conservation Station through the day as well. As others have mentioned, Timon is also in the Move It, Shake It Parade and you can dance with him there.

Rafiki and Timon do make appearances at Garden Grove, as do Pluto and Goofy. It depends on the day of the week... I used to have it memorized, but alas cannot remember. I'm fairly certain P/G are on Thurs... can't remember beyond that.

I will look into and get back to you!

Rafiki and Timon do make appearances at Garden Grove, as do Pluto and Goofy. It depends on the day of the week... I used to have it memorized, but alas cannot remember. I'm fairly certain P/G are on Thurs... can't remember beyond that.

I will look into and get back to you!

Not anymore. They were replaced by Goofy & Pluto on all nights (more of the same :sad2:). This was a major bummer for me. I used to go out of my way to plan my trip around this meal so I could see Timon & Rafiki.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter