linking ultimate tickets to MDE - has anyone done this?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
sorry for posting so many threads with so many conflicting questions..

but the reservations are finally completed...
DD and DSIL are going in november on the US free dining plan..
but instead of the US parks ticket, they're going to use the 14 day ultimate.

so the question is, has anyone linked tickets seperate from their resort reservation?

is it easy to do? (link tickets to MDE)..

this whole MDE has me very nervous (i'm their official planner)...

i hate new things.... :eek:

While I haven't done it myself I haven't heard of any issues for a while :thumbsup2

The biggest issue will be ensure the right ticket gets used first - for that to happen they will need to speak to GS or try calling the MDE help desk.

I bought an Ultimate ticket from a UK reseller but they sent me just a confirmation code that is NOT a ticket number, so I could not link it to MDE.
The reseller said that they would send the ticket number 60 days out (if staying onsite), so I preferred to cancel the purchase and get a refound. According to them this is the common behaviour with Ultimate tickets.
I don't want to pay now to get the ticket in 4 months time. Also, I had no guarantee that I could get the ticket linked to MDE in time to book FP+ at the 60 days mark.
Buying direct from Disney would be more expensive and I'm not sure I can get it linked anyway, because I had problems as well in the past with an Ultimate bought from Disney.
So I will probably get a MYW ticket from Undercovertourist, they send real tickets, not vouchers.

While I haven't done it myself I haven't heard of any issues for a while :thumbsup2

The biggest issue will be ensure the right ticket gets used first - for that to happen they will need to speak to GS or try calling the MDE help desk.

what does that mean? using the right ticket first??????
last year, we were part of the first test of FP+.
I did call disney IT to ask them about linking the ultimate tickets we had and they told me not to. They were worried something would happen.
i guess maybe this is still a problem. merde.

I bought an Ultimate ticket from a UK reseller but they sent me just a confirmation code that is NOT a ticket number, so I could not link it to MDE.
The reseller said that they would send the ticket number 60 days out (if staying onsite), so I preferred to cancel the purchase and get a refound. According to them this is the common behaviour with Ultimate tickets.
I don't want to pay now to get the ticket in 4 months time. Also, I had no guarantee that I could get the ticket linked to MDE in time to book FP+ at the 60 days mark.
Buying direct from Disney would be more expensive and I'm not sure I can get it linked anyway, because I had problems as well in the past with an Ultimate bought from Disney.
So I will probably get a MYW ticket from Undercovertourist, they send real tickets, not vouchers.

i buy my tickets from disney UK - so we get an eticket confirmation number.
At least that's what we got last year when i did it.

In May my hotel booking and tickets all appeared at the same time when I linked my entire reservation to MDE. You don't have to do the tickets separately when linked to a hotel booking.

In May my hotel booking and tickets all appeared at the same time when I linked my entire reservation to MDE. You don't have to do the tickets separately when linked to a hotel booking.

I am a DVC member, so I don't have a Disney package with hotel reservation and tickets, I need to purchase tickets separately. I tried with an independent reseller for the discount, but could not link the ticket in advance. Buying everything from Disney or as a package may have different results.

I bought my ultimate tickets direct from Disney. They sent an email with tickets attached which had a code on that I linked to my MDE account for all 3 of us. No issues atall. Not staying on site, all my FP+ booked. Going on Wednesday. Yay!

I bought my ultimate tickets direct from Disney. They sent an email with tickets attached which had a code on that I linked to my MDE account for all 3 of us. No issues atall. Not staying on site, all my FP+ booked. Going on Wednesday. Yay!

sounds good...
i wonder if we'll still be able to book 60 days in advance, since we are staying onsite but with separate tickets..
we shall see..
i won't worry about that part of it.. i guess

have fun!!!

I got my Disney tickets off Orlando attractions real tickets ultimate ticket too.

what does that mean? using the right ticket first?????? last year, we were part of the first test of FP+. I did call disney IT to ask them about linking the ultimate tickets we had and they told me not to. They were worried something would happen. i guess maybe this is still a problem. merde.

You will have the UK Ultimate tickets plus the US packages tickets.

I am assuming they will just want to use the UK tickets and keep the package tickets unused in which case the UK tickets need to be flagged to be used first on their account.

We had APs recently as well as package tickets and I didn't want them using the package tickets when we had activated APs so I just checked that the APs were flagged to be used first (which they should be but with Disney IT it's always best to double check these things!)

I bought tickets from a website I always use, attraction tickets direct. We bought 14 day ultimate tickets and received the real tickets, no vouchers or codes. I already had our hotel reservation linked on mde, so just added the tickets. It all worked fine, everything is listed, and we were able to make our fastpass+ selections at 60 days.

You will have the UK Ultimate tickets plus the US packages tickets.

I am assuming they will just want to use the UK tickets and keep the package tickets unused in which case the UK tickets need to be flagged to be used first on their account.

We had APs recently as well as package tickets and I didn't want them using the package tickets when we had activated APs so I just checked that the APs were flagged to be used first (which they should be but with Disney IT it's always best to double check these things!)

ahh...now i understand what you mean.
right, they'll have the 2 day tickets and the 14 day ultimates..
she hasn't signed up for MDE yet..
we'll get around to it in time for FP+..
and i haven't bought the ultimates yet (my UK travel agent is on vacation this week - when she gets back, she'll buy them for me).

unrelated question - do all ADRs now require a credit card guarantee?

ahh...now i understand what you mean. right, they'll have the 2 day tickets and the 14 day ultimates.. she hasn't signed up for MDE yet.. we'll get around to it in time for FP+.. and i haven't bought the ultimates yet (my UK travel agent is on vacation this week - when she gets back, she'll buy them for me). unrelated question - do all ADRs now require a credit card guarantee?

Yes all ADR's now require a credit card guarantee.

ahh...now i understand what you mean. right, they'll have the 2 day tickets and the 14 day ultimates.. she hasn't signed up for MDE yet.. we'll get around to it in time for FP+.. and i haven't bought the ultimates yet (my UK travel agent is on vacation this week - when she gets back, she'll buy them for me). unrelated question - do all ADRs now require a credit card guarantee?

Yes all ADR's now require a credit card guarantee

Yes all ADR's now require a credit card guarantee

thanks!
well it doesn't matter really...
we tried to make ADRs for DD and her husband, but there wasn't anything available. Nothing. Crazy, considering she's going in november. So that's 3 months away. But still, nothing was available.

So she's just going to try for walk ups. Otherwise she'll just eat counter service. (yes, use her TS as a CS - sort of a waste, but what can you do)..

thanks!
well it doesn't matter really...
we tried to make ADRs for DD and her husband, but there wasn't anything available. Nothing. Crazy, considering she's going in november. So that's 3 months away. But still, nothing was available.

So she's just going to try for walk ups. Otherwise she'll just eat counter service. (yes, use her TS as a CS - sort of a waste, but what can you do)..

Try booking for 3 or 4 instead of 2. As long as they show up they won't get charged a no show fee.

I don't think you can use TS for CS anymore so you might want to try for some ADRs.

Are there only certain restaurants they want or are they open to suggestions? Have you tried lunch?

I can't believe there nothing left at all? I got everything I wanted at 3 months out and that included a US Bank Holiday weekend. Do you mean nothing left at all?

Try booking for 3 or 4 instead of 2. As long as they show up they won't get charged a no show fee.

I don't think you can use TS for CS anymore so you might want to try for some ADRs.

Are there only certain restaurants they want or are they open to suggestions? Have you tried lunch?

are you positive about not using TS for CS? we were able to do that last year. we could go down, but not up. We could use TS for CS and CS for snack. It's pretty obnoxious of them to not let them downgrade if they don't have availability in their restaurants. i think i'll call and ask. If that's the case, maybe i'll cancel their free dining and switch them to room only. It works out cheaper since you can stay at a cheaper hotel.

I can't believe there nothing left at all? I got everything I wanted at 3 months out and that included a US Bank Holiday weekend. Do you mean nothing left at all?

we tried lunch and dinner and i tried for all different groups sizes. None of the 'good' places are available. If you want to eat in the places that get grim reviews, you can get a place. But nothing we like and nothing that gets a decent review. e.g, the chinese restaurant in epcot has lots of availability if you want to eat there. Also, Tony's in MK, which is the most horrible place on the planet - we've eaten there - really really bad.

i tried every single day for the restaurants they'd like to eat at, both lunch and dinner. Nothing. Not a single day. Not a single time. For 2, 3, 4, and 5 people.

this is the first time this has happened. I have always managed to get ADRs even when i've only booked a month out.

not a good situation since food is a very important part of their trip.

hmm....too late to change dates though. They could change their transatlantic tickets, but not the domestic legs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter