Linking Tickets to Magic Bands

radev104

Mouseketeer
We already have our Magic Bands and we just got our tickets in the mail. I am going to link them on My Disney Experience, are they going to be on the magic bands or can they do that in the park?

Your magic band is just a gateway to access your My Disney Experience account. So by linking your tickets to your MDE account, yes, you'll be able to use your magic bands as your tickets. (Assuming your magic bands are linked to your accounts as well!)

Nothing is "on" your Magic Band. As cincystamper said, it's just a way to access what's in your MDE account.

Your magic band is just a gateway to access your My Disney Experience account. So by linking your tickets to your MDE account, yes, you'll be able to use your magic bands as your tickets. (Assuming your magic bands are linked to your accounts as well!)

So I can link the tickets to MDE but how are they linked to the Magic Bands since we already have them. Or how do we tell which ticket is linked to what band? I know when you buy bands they ask you if you are linking now or later but the bands we have are the ones that were sent to us through our resort reservation. Everyone's band is under my account too.

Link the appropriate ticket to each person in your MDE.

When the MagicBand is tapped at the tapstile, it deducts a ticket entitlement from the MDE of that specific person who is listed in the account.

Your MDE account is a storage space for all data for each person listed. Each person has a specific MB, tickets, and FPs. MagicBands open up the data for the linked person. Each person needs to use the same MB each day because it links to their specific ticket and the biometric scan that is linked to the ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter