• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Linking ressies

abner1776

DIS Veteran
If I have both reservation numbers, then why will MS not allow me(member and traveler) to link the two ressies together ? MS is insisting that both members that booked the ressies con call MS to approve the linking of the ressies. This seems to me to be redundant, over kill and a total waste of time.

Both ressies clearly show the same names, resorts, and room types and on consecutive days and I am not changing the ressies in anyway...I am just linking them so MS will see them as basically the same ressie and keep me in the same room.

If I do not link the ressies, what's the worse that could happen when I check in ? Could I just wait until I check in and link the second ressie at that time ?
If I don't link the ressies, how would this impact ME ?

I have placed "Travel With" on a multiple reservations, made by different owners. The two owners conferenced called in to MS and the linking was done - no issues.

I can see why you might be frustrated, but this policy of needing BOTH parties to confirm linked reservations saved me a heck of a headache a few years ago...My husband's birth mother who lives in FL was going to meet up with us for a few days at WDW. We booked at the same resort, but didn't want our room anywhere near hers (OK..I can't STAND the woman and my DH merely tolerates her out of respect! :upsidedow). Well, she called to link us up (actually requesting attatched rooms), and thank Goodness they needed me to also confirm. As luck would have it, she was on the same floor, but several rooms down from us. Sometimes I am also frustrated at rules, but let me tell you, this one saved a vacation!! :thumbsup2

I was able to e-mail member services and link the 3 nights I made reservations for and the 3 nights my friend did. Our linked stay was last week and it was flawless.

I had no problem linking my upcoming trip either. I had booked 14 nights and because of airfare, I added on 1 additional night at the start using different points. I called to make sure they were linked and the CM had no problem doing this and now when I check it shows one reservation for 15 nights. The CM made it look like it was no big deal. OP, I think it's worth another call or an email.

OK, so I followed Debbies advice and sent an e-mail to MS asking to have the ressies linked. Within a few hours I got a reply that our ressies were now linked and thanking me for my request.

So, why was the MS rep on the phone so adamant that "this was impossible" and I would have to have a con call with the other DVC member to get this done ?

I had read on other posts that getting the right rep on the phone is the key in many situations and here is the proof.

Thanks Debbie....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter