Linking Reservations

StephC1217

Mouseketeer
We are going on our 2nd DCL cruise next year- this time our parents are going. Our travel agent said she linked our reservations but I have a few questions:

1. Will Disney give us rooms near one another (I booked us an Oceanview Deluxe and they wanted Standard Inside). We booked on a deck where it had open rooms of both categories right near one another but what are the odds that disney will give us rooms near each other?

2. Will they automatically sit all 5 of us at the same table or do i need to request that?

3. How do I book Palo? I can book earlier then them since it is my second cruise and their first. Can I book a table for 4? If we book separately will we still be able to sit at same table? What if there are no reservations at the same time as us when they go to book?

4. Is there anything else I need to worry about when linking reservations?

Thanks in advance!

We are going on our 2nd DCL cruise next year- this time our parents are going. Our travel agent said she linked our reservations but I have a few questions:

1. Will Disney give us rooms near one another (I booked us an Oceanview Deluxe and they wanted Standard Inside). We booked on a deck where it had open rooms of both categories right near one another but what are the odds that disney will give us rooms near each other? You say your sailing next year, were you not able to select specific rooms? Did you book a GTY? With guaranteed reservations, DCL does try to put linked reservations close to each other, but it's not guaranteed. They could wind up on different decks, even.

2. Will they automatically sit all 5 of us at the same table or do i need to request that? As long as you are linked, you will be seated together.

3. How do I book Palo? I can book earlier then them since it is my second cruise and their first. Can I book a table for 4? If we book separately will we still be able to sit at same table? What if there are no reservations at the same time as us when they go to book?You can only book those people that are in your room when your booking window opens. Have them book whatever they can get when their window opens. Once onboard, go immediately to where Palo dining changes are being handled (it will say where in the Navigator) and ask for them to be combined. It's easier to combine two already existing reservations than it is to make new ones onboard.

Thanks in advance!

My answers in red.

1. Will Disney give us rooms near one another (I booked us an Oceanview Deluxe and they wanted Standard Inside). We booked on a deck where it had open rooms of both categories right near one another but what are the odds that disney will give us rooms near each other?

2. Will they automatically sit all 5 of us at the same table or do i need to request that?

3. How do I book Palo? I can book earlier then them since it is my second cruise and their first. Can I book a table for 4? If we book separately will we still be able to sit at same table? What if there are no reservations at the same time as us when they go to book?

Thanks in advance!

Your situation sounds very similar to ours! DH & I are going on our 2nd cruise with my parents who will be on their first cruise.

We booked a verandah GTY cabin and they booked a standard inside GTY. We were assigned a room located Deck 6 aft. They were assigned a room located Deck 2 midship.

I was able to book us all Palo reservations together! My plan was to book a table for 2 at Palo for just DH and I at 90 days. Then at 75 days see if I could book a table at Palo for all of us and then cancel our Palo for 2 reservation. If I couldn't do that, I was going to try and book a table for just my parents, then see if I could combine the two reservations onboard.

It worked out well! Right at midnight for the 90 day mark I got online and completed the online check-in and booked a Palo reservation. Then right at midnight at 75 days I got my parents to go online and complete their online check-in. As soon as they were finished, I logged onto my account and went to create a new Palo reservation. I was able to make one for all of us! Since our reservations were linked, I could make reservations for my parents as well! When I went to confirm, it automatically asked me if I wanted to cancel the previous Palo reservation I had made for 2! It was super easy to do!

Thanks in advance!

My cousin and her daughters are sailing on the Magic on Oct. 20 with me and my niece and our Aunt. Our reservations are linked and we originally booked inside staterooms that ended being a few doors down from each other. I called DCL and asked if we could get adjoining rooms and they said they could upgrade us to adjoining Deluxe Inside Staterooms for $104 each. My aunt who is my cabin went ahead and paid the fee for the both of us so she could have equal time with us.

When we first linked our reservations, we were automatically assigned to the same table since our seating times were the same. We were also given the opportunity to give each other authorization to check each other's minors out of the youth clubs. I'm not sue about your other questions at this time. It is my first cruise with DCL.

Happy Sailing!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you everyone for the replies! (sorry it took so long to answer- its been awhile before i have been able to login to these boards).

I booked through a TA (Small World). She booked the rooms- she said she linked them. She was able to book us a specific cabin but for some reason my parents cabin came up GTY? Has this happened to anyone else? It makes me really nervous because the only reason we booked an Oceanview Deluxe was because that was all the was available near the standard inside rooms (which is what my parents wanted to book). We wanted a deluxe Inside but changed to the Oceanview because there were no Deluxe Inside near Standard Inside rooms.... now to find out that we may not be near each other anyways really makes me sad :sad2: I don't think I can talk to Disney about fixing this right? I can only go thru the TA?

Your situation sounds very similar to ours! DH & I are going on our 2nd cruise with my parents who will be on their first cruise.

We booked a verandah GTY cabin and they booked a standard inside GTY. We were assigned a room located Deck 6 aft. They were assigned a room located Deck 2 midship.

I was able to book us all Palo reservations together! My plan was to book a table for 2 at Palo for just DH and I at 90 days. Then at 75 days see if I could book a table at Palo for all of us and then cancel our Palo for 2 reservation. If I couldn't do that, I was going to try and book a table for just my parents, then see if I could combine the two reservations onboard.

It worked out well! Right at midnight for the 90 day mark I got online and completed the online check-in and booked a Palo reservation. Then right at midnight at 75 days I got my parents to go online and complete their online check-in. As soon as they were finished, I logged onto my account and went to create a new Palo reservation. I was able to make one for all of us! Since our reservations were linked, I could make reservations for my parents as well! When I went to confirm, it automatically asked me if I wanted to cancel the previous Palo reservation I had made for 2! It was super easy to do!

Thanks for the help on how to do this!!

Thank you everyone for the replies! (sorry it took so long to answer- its been awhile before i have been able to login to these boards).

I booked through a TA (Small World). She booked the rooms- she said she linked them. She was able to book us a specific cabin but for some reason my parents cabin came up GTY? Has this happened to anyone else? It makes me really nervous because the only reason we booked an Oceanview Deluxe was because that was all the was available near the standard inside rooms (which is what my parents wanted to book). We wanted a deluxe Inside but changed to the Oceanview because there were no Deluxe Inside near Standard Inside rooms.... now to find out that we may not be near each other anyways really makes me sad :sad2: I don't think I can talk to Disney about fixing this right? I can only go thru the TA?

Correct, any reservation changes (particularly ones that may involve money) have to be done by your TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter