Linking reservations now not guaranteed????

MarriedAtDisney

Mouseketeer
We frequently combine cash nights with points for a number of reasons. I've always had DVC link the reservations so we know we won't have to switch rooms. This last month we signed up for magical express and they sent us two sets of bag tags, one for each reservation. I emailed into DVC asking to confirm that our reservations were linked and received a response that says they noted on the reservation but are not guaranteed. Their new policy is to only link if two different memberships are used.

Does anyone know about this? Seems infinitely short sighted.

We frequently combine cash nights with points for a number of reasons. I've always had DVC link the reservations so we know we won't have to switch rooms. This last month we signed up for magical express and they sent us two sets of bag tags, one for each reservation. I emailed into DVC asking to confirm that our reservations were linked and received a response that says they noted on the reservation but are not guaranteed. Their new policy is to only link if two different memberships are used.

Were the cash nights with DVC member discount? Or CRO?

There have been posts that since a computer change you have check out and check back in for cash nights. Disney's IT stinks.

We've done as you, that is combining cash nights with points nights, and it seems that we've gotten this "noted but not guaranteed" disclaimer from DVC lots of times. I used to freak out about it, but in actuality we've never had to move. Many times now we have had to come to the front desk and get new room keys (but for the same room), I don't know why because we didn't used to have to do even that.

It is no big deal, there is virtually no case where continuing reservations are noted that anyone has had to move. Just mention it at check in. You will need to pick up a new room key in most cases.

Funny thing is that the are seperate reservations so you can use differentiate dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter