• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Linking Reservations & Dining question

2*geminis

Earning My Ears
We are going on our first cruise Nov 2008. We have 3 other families who joining us. I made reservations for 2 us with DCL directly and 2 used a TA. I requested main dinning and linked the 2 of us who booked with DCL. Today I got the ressie #'s of the other two, called DCL, and linked them to us. Unfortunatley the 2 who used the TA booked about a month later than us and main dining is full....they are waitlisted. So I have two questions: 1. What exactly is the benefit of having our reservations linked? 2. In your experience what is the probability that the 2 on main dining waitlist will actually get it?

Thanks.

328 days and counting :yay:

We are going on our first cruise Nov 2008. We have 3 other families who joining us. I made reservations for 2 us with DCL directly and 2 used a TA. I requested main dinning and linked the 2 of us who booked with DCL. Today I got the ressie #'s of the other two, called DCL, and linked them to us. Unfortunatley the 2 who used the TA booked about a month later than us and main dining is full....they are waitlisted. So I have two questions: 1. What exactly is the benefit of having our reservations linked? 2. In your experience what is the probability that the 2 on main dining waitlist will actually get it?

Thanks.

328 days and counting :yay:

1. The benefit of having them linked is that DCL will know you are all traveling together. They will do what they can to get your friends on early dining, particularly if they know they are linked to you. Also, when you go to book Palo reservations (if you plan to do so) you will be able to make a reservation for all of the adults in your party to dine together, rather than each party booking separately.

2. I think they have a good chance of getting main dining, especially this far out. I wouldn't wait for DCL to contact you though. I'd call them every 2 weeks or so and ask them to see if anything is available. Sometimes the waitlist doesn't work the way it should so being proactive is your best bet. If they don't get main dining before you sail make sure you stop by Rockin' Bar D (on the Magic) or Wavebands (on the Wonder) once you board to see what your possibilities are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter