Linking reservation to MDE

Good news we finally got our MDE app to update today!!
Yay! Because mine's earlier I only had to wait a few days from making the reservation, then I changed resorts and had to wait another few days for the change to show. Just those few days drove me nuts. I 'know' it's there, I have the emails, but I need to see it in the system. So I understand how you've been feeling. I would have gone mad waiting that long.

Good to hear wifey. Will have to check mine later now. Not under 500 days yet but wonder if they have put all next years on. Exciting stuff, just wish it was closer :)

Good news we finally got our MDE app to update today!!
That is good news!

We've just got back from a Florida trip (but no Disney this time :eek:) so I'm catching up on here. Just had a re-check on the App following your post and still nothing showing in it for us! In fact, it has got worse - where before the tickets would show, now nothing does! :rotfl2: All showing correctly on the website so I'm not too worried (at this stage at least!).

I'm counting down now to the 335 day mark which is in a few weeks and I will be back on the phone if it's not there then!

Ours linked on the website at about 480 days - for a Virgin package although it still wont work on the app. It constantly says 'this reservation islinked to a different account' ?????Any ideas anyone ?

Ours linked on the website at about 480 days - for a Virgin package although it still wont work on the app. It constantly says 'this reservation islinked to a different account' ?????Any ideas anyone ?
I am in the same position with everything showing on the website but not the App and Disney told me that it wouldn't show in the App until 335 days out. He also said it shouldn't show on the website until then (which is clearly wrong!). 335 days is in a few weeks for me so I will see what happens.

:)
Is that the one that has how many days until your trip or am I missing an email?!
It was ! I was taken aback really I wasn't expecting it to be honest. Those countdowns on the Disney emails really hit home how long you have until you can book things or until your holiday begins and makes me smile.
It's been a busy week in our house ( yep it's only tuesday) but we managed to find some bargains and save some money for the holiday which is always good. The ladies will know what I mean when I say brilliant Kipling handbag deals can't be passed up. I snagged a lovely one which will be useful on our next holiday for less than half price and got a new purse to match it too. The Amazon delivery driver is going to be making his way here on autopilot soon.

Last edited:
:)
It was ! I was taken aback really I wasn't expecting it to be honest. Those countdowns on the Disney emails really hit home how long you have until you can book things or until your holiday begins and makes me smile.
It's been a busy week in our house ( yep it's only tuesday) but we managed to find some bargains and save some money for the holiday which is always good. The ladies will know what On my way! an when I say brilliant Kiolibg handbag deals can't be passed up. I snagged a lovely one which will be useful on our next holiday for less than half price and got a new purse to match it too. The Snazon delivery driver is going to be making his way here on autopilot soon.
Ooh, I've not recieved that one yet and our trip is the end of Feb.

Damn we are having issues yet again, rang the tech help number and according to them everything is on the official website. So fed up with it now just waiting until the end of this month when there should be no more excuses from them. "Why did they partner up with HP in the first place?"I often wonder. They would never had this if they ponied up and went elsewhere(reliable companies) for their tech support. We figure the flights will be available about then too.

Are you waiting for your booking to show on the app?

Ours isn't yet, but is on the site.

From memory it's something like 335 days before you arrive when it shows on the app, Mine should show just before yours.

Are you waiting for your booking to show on the app?

Ours isn't yet, but is on the site.

From memory it's something like 335 days before you arrive when it shows on the app, Mine should show just before yours.
It's all muddled up in both the app and the website, can't link up the family with the Memory Maker access yet there's a section to link it. It says on both for them to contact me but I can't access it either it refuses to allow me access. So who does have that access? It clearly isn't me. Gonna ring them again at the end of the month (30th)as it doesn't bode well for sorting out ADRs and FP + reservations at a later date.

We are frequent visitors so we expect a certain level of professionalism no matter which way we access the guest services section of either the Disney app or the website.

Fingers crossed they give the app a major overhaul at some point soon and then guests will be much happier.

It's all muddled up in both the app and the website, can't link up the family with the Memory Maker access yet there's a section to link it. It says on both for them to contact me but I can't access it either it refuses to allow me access. So who does have that access? It clearly isn't me. Gonna ring them again at the end of the month (30th)as it doesn't bode well for sorting out ADRs and FP + reservations at a later date.

We are frequent visitors so we expect a certain level of professionalism no matter which way we access the guest services section of either the Disney app or the website.

Fingers crossed they give the app a major overhaul at some point soon and then guests will be much happier.
You won't be able to activate or link memory maker until your trip actually starts. It's linked to the dates of your trip. So while it shows you can, that's for if you pre-purchased it. If it's linked to your U.K. Tickets it doesn't activate till your tickets activate, which is the first day of your trip.

(Edit for typo)

Last edited:
You won't be able to activate or link memory maker until your trip actually starts. It's linked to the dares of your trip. So while it shows you can, that's for if you pre-purchased it. If it's linked to your U.K. Tickets it doesn't activate till your tickets activate, which is the first day of your trip.
Exactly right :)

You don't been a reservation for ADRs.

Who did you book with?

Exactly right :)

You don't been a reservation for ADRs.

Who did you book with?
We booked direct with Disney and yes we do get it we can't do the ADRs until 180 days from our return date. We know it's about 60 days out for FP+ selections too. The worry for me is that our last trip was full of problems that all began with MDE not working and MBs failing to arrive at the resort. Then while we were there we had issues with the website too. So many problems it took up so much time at front desk rectifying them that I lost out spending time with the rest of the family at the pool and missed buses to the parks. Even had to contact guest services in the parks a few times to get the bands working when they went wrong. If we didn't take paper copies of all our "prebooked" items we would have been very annoyed. Good job I try to plan ahead for everything.

I had the same thing happen. Called disney and they helped me with everything. Very nice people

We booked direct with Disney and yes we do get it we can't do the ADRs until 180 days from our return date. We know it's about 60 days out for FP+ selections too. The worry for me is that our last trip was full of problems that all began with MDE not working and MBs failing to arrive at the resort. Then while we were there we had issues with the website too. So many problems it took up so much time at front desk rectifying them that I lost out spending time with the rest of the family at the pool and missed buses to the parks. Even had to contact guest services in the parks a few times to get the bands working when they went wrong. If we didn't take paper copies of all our "prebooked" items we would have been very annoyed. Good job I try to plan ahead for everything.
Sounds like a rough time. Not many people have it as bad as that at all!

Just to clarify, so you don't miss out on any, ADRs you can actually book 180 days from your ARRIVAL date (not return) plus 10. So at 180 days you can book our first 10 days of ADRs.

So sorry you had such a rough experience last time. I hope it's smoother this time. I suspect your current issues are that you're trying to do things sooner than the system is set up for.

Our info has liked up again at last although I'm not sure why it fell off their system to begin with! Oh well at least it's working again. Now we are counting down the days and it's giving us something to look forward to. Won't be long until we need to book flights and after that the months generally tend to fly over. It's silly season for us both at work for the next 12 weeks so I need to set some dates to get organised and get the real planning started ...happy days...

Realise it's a long shot but just wondering if anyone has had luck getting linked in a shorter period.

We've booked a last minute trip to Disney today for December so already within the 60 day window for fast pass so keen to get started as soon as possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter