• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Linking Old tickets to MDE?

CdnDisneyNut

<font color=coral>What way does the "C" go again?<
I am in the early planning stages on my next trip.
Presently have an unused 3 day and 1 day left on a non expiry park hopper ticket. The non expiry also has a couple of water park days. Both tickets are cardboard with a mag stripe on the back (no RCID). 3 day ticket also has a bar code. Planning on going next year if there is free dining and only getting a 2 day (minimum required) ticket. How can I get my old ticket media linked to my account? Can a Disney store convert them to a RCID ticket? If they are not on the account when it comes to my FP+ reservation day I would only be able to book 2 park days even though I have 7 days booked at a resort.

I am in the early planning stages on my next trip.
Presently have an unused 3 day and 1 day left on a non expiry park hopper ticket. The non expiry also has a couple of water park days. Both tickets are cardboard with a mag stripe on the back (no RCID). 3 day ticket also has a bar code. Planning on going next year if there is free dining and only getting a 2 day (minimum required) ticket. How can I get my old ticket media linked to my account?

1. Can a Disney store convert them to a RCID ticket?

2. If they are not on the account when it comes to my FP+ reservation day I would only be able to book 2 park days even though I have 7 days booked at a resort.

1. Nope. (And, it's RFID.)

2. Correct.

Thanks for the information.

Does it have to be myself to go Customer Service to get my old cards transferred to a RFID card; since the card has my finger scanned attached to it. Or can I get a friend or fellow Dis'er that is going down soon to them for me? There should be no problem with the unused 3 day tickets.

Hoping it can be done or I might have to purchase tickets for all of my park days and get these tickets changed over and used them on a future trip

On Disney site my ticket somewhat looks like this one
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/convert/verify/

However all the info on my tickets that look similar to this ticket are under or beside the bar code. There is nothing on the ticket marked Tkt (ticket number) But there is a 4 digit number on the ticket can that be the same number

Thanks for the information.

Does it have to be myself to go Customer Service to get my old cards transferred to a RFID card; since the card has my finger scanned attached to it. Or can I get a friend or fellow Dis'er that is going down soon to them for me? There should be no problem with the unused 3 day tickets.

In this case, anyone will be able to get old the tickets exchanged for new RFID plastic tickets.

The new ticket can easily be linked to your MDE account after you get the new ticket.

Try calling the Internet help desk. You may have to try more that one time but some cast members will go the extra mile to link your tickets to your account. We were able to get two sets of older tickets linked for our October trip and were able do do our FastPasses after being linked.

I was able to link my 3 day pass to my MDE.:cool1:
I am not using the non expiry ticket this trip and can be changed when I get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter