Linked Reservation, but one stateroom wait-listed for Main Seating

I wonder the same thing, we have a total of 7 linked cabins for a family trip (cousins etc) and we all have the same time, but I guess it is not a guarantee we will be together or even on the same rotation schedule. If anyone knows, let me know!

Our family has booked a cruise with both sets of Grandparents for this December :dance3: My parents have booked later than the other families, and have been wait-listed for the 5:45 dinner seating. Given that we'd all like to be seated together, I'm wondering what the chances are that my parents will get the main seating for dinner... Anyone been in this situation before?
If your parents haven't gotten main dining by the time you board, go to Dining Changes and they should change it for them. They don't want to break up families. It shouldn't be a problem, they're only 2 people.

I booked 3 staterooms for March 2013 in December 2011 with main dining. In June we expanded the trip and added 4 more staterooms (for a total of 7.) The 4 staterooms were 2nd seating, and wait listed for main. All 7 linked.

Two days after being put on the wait list the 4 additional staterooms were moved to main seating. My understanding is if the staterooms are linked and in the same dining time that they will have the same rotation and table. If anyone else has knowledge to the contrary I'd like to hear it. We've since dropped one of the staterooms, but we're still 19 people.

Andrew

Thanks everyone! Right now the TA is saying that she's not sure that Disney will "let" her link the reservations as there is a wait list for main dining. Sounds like she should be able to do it.

You can still link the reservations, even if one of the parties currently has a diffferent dining time.

:cutie:

I wonder the same thing, we have a total of 7 linked cabins for a family trip (cousins etc) and we all have the same time, but I guess it is not a guarantee we will be together or even on the same rotation schedule. If anyone knows, let me know!

I have 3 rooms linked and when I called in last week, I was asking them about restaurant rotations, if we will sit with strangers since we are a group of 8,etc... then she asked me if i would like to sit with the rest of my group? I thought it was assumed... but no... they actually have to note it.

We had main, friends were wait listed for main. We linked our reservations and they were moved to main and we were seated together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter