LINK TO MY TR POSTED 10/30 - I'm Ali & I'm Addicted to Disney Planning - Oct '10 PTR

Lumar's brother did the CP too and he talks about how much he misses it all the time. Lumar and I have talked about moving down there and working there but we feel like it might kill the magic for us. This is the one thing we look foward to every year - the planning, the booking, the counting down, and even the packing! I feel like if we went to live and work there, we would lose all of that.

*Sigh* I wish I did the CP. I thought about it when I was in college but I just didn't do it for some reason. It's like, my biggest regret in life. One of my friends is getting ready to do the CP in January, she just got accepted a few weeks ago.

I don't think working there would kill the magic for me, I think it would make me SO happy to know I was going to work at Disney World every day! :woohoo:

Yay, can't believe you get to check in tomorrow!!! I did that last November, then I skipped it in May, but I think I'll probably do it again this year, just because I feel like it gives you a better chance of having your room ready early! :banana:

*Sigh* I wish I did the CP. I thought about it when I was in college but I just didn't do it for some reason. It's like, my biggest regret in life. One of my friends is getting ready to do the CP in January, she just got accepted a few weeks ago.

I don't think working there would kill the magic for me, I think it would make me SO happy to know I was going to work at Disney World every day! :woohoo:

You know, if you really want to, you can always go to a community college for one class and apply then. So could your DH. They'd allow you to room together in a 1-BR. The only real requirement that I know of for applying is to be enrolled in at least 1 credit hour :)

You know, if you really want to, you can always go to a community college for one class and apply then. So could your DH. They'd allow you to room together in a 1-BR. The only real requirement that I know of for applying is to be enrolled in at least 1 credit hour :)

Trust me, I've thought about it! I lurk on the college boards from time to time and I see that people of all ages do it. And even though I have my BA, I still want to go back to school at some point soon...something to think about! Even though my DH says there is no way in he** he will ever live in Florida! :confused3 :rotfl:

Trust me, I've thought about it! I lurk on the college boards from time to time and I see that people of all ages do it. And even though I have my BA, I still want to go back to school at some point soon...something to think about! Even though my DH says there is no way in he** he will ever live in Florida! :confused3 :rotfl:

:lmao: Well, I'm planning on trying for a PI at some point, so you never know :)

I was so caught up in doing online check-in that it didn't even occur to me until about 2 hours later that now....

We're in single digits!!!!!!!!!​

9 days to go!!!

Of course, I woke up this morning with a sore throat and it's only gotten worse throughout the day! It hurts so bad and I already took some medicine for it and it did not help at all! I picked up so OJ at the store today to chug this week so hopefully I can head off a full on cold! I plan to get to bed in the next 6 minutes...let's see if I make it! ;)

A couple weeks ago I bought 2 Disney cookbooks from Ebay. I made a recipe from one of them tonight that is a dish from San Angel Inn called Pollo a las Rajas. It was REALLY good! I'm so proud of myself for making something NEW! I usually get into a cooking "funk" and just make the same 5 or 6 things over and over until Lumar MAKES me try something else!)

Parsley is, thankfully, doing much better. I brought in a sample to the vet on Thursday to have her checked for parasites. It came back negative; the vet just said it looked like she ate some dirty food (like something she found outside) or maybe drank from a dirty puddle or something. So we got some meds...pills thankfully...once a day through Monday. She's still on a "bland diet" which is killing me. Making rice or cream of wheat and boiled chicken every morning for a whole week is not fun. Especially when I get home from work at 6:30 (I missed my 6 minute goal, BTW) and she is already starving. Watching me boil rice and chicken is like torture for the poor thing. Only a few more days of this (til her meds are done) and then we can start switching back to regular dog food. Thankfully so, because I think my dad would kill me if he had to boil rice and chicken for her while we're on vacation.

Now for trip related stuff:

I realized the other day that our scheduled day at MK is not actually a full day. We're leaving in the early afternoon to go back and take a nap/swim/shower, then heading to dinner at Planet Hollywood, then going to see La Nouba. The two other times we will be at the MK during our trip we will be at the Halloween Party. Now, Wishes doesn't concern me...but I've never seen the Main Street Electrical Parade and I'm sure I won't get another opportunity. I was going to add park hoppers to our tickets for our last day and go to Epcot for most of the day then go over to MK after dinner so we could watch the parade. But it's a Halloween Party night so they won't be playing it. So the way it sits right now, we'll be missing out on that. Unless I can figure something else out in the next couple of days. And part of me wonders if it's even worth messing with our plans.

OK so it's 10 after 10 and I need to get some sleep. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning! Goodnight all!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for single digits.

And :mad: about you having a sore throat. I hope by tomorrow you are feeling much, much better.

As much as I love the Electricla Parade (which we saw numerous times with the kids when they were little), I love Spectromagic even more and I really don't think it is worth trying to rearrange all of your plans. We didn't get to see it last month either (although we were only there four days), but I was not totally disappointed to miss it. I would have liked to, but it wasn't the end of the world.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for single digits.

And :mad: about you having a sore throat. I hope by tomorrow you are feeling much, much better.

As much as I love the Electricla Parade (which we saw numerous times with the kids when they were little), I love Spectromagic even more and I really don't think it is worth trying to rearrange all of your plans. We didn't get to see it last month either (although we were only there four days), but I was not totally disappointed to miss it. I would have liked to, but it wasn't the end of the world.

Still got a sore throat and I hardly got any sleep because it hurt so bad. I made myself some cream of wheat this morning when I made Parley's and it actually helped a little bit. The last time I was sick was in June and it only lasted a few days. It's not a big deal, I just hate being sick and not have any available time off from work. I have to sit there and be miserable.

And thanks for letting me know about the parade. I think we'll skip it and just leave well enough alone!

The weather right now in Florida is awesome!!! I hope it holds up for your :)

Currently 64° in Orlando with a high of 88°! By comparison, the high temp today here in CT will be 64°....:rolleyes: Thanks for reading!

:woohoo: for single digits! And for Parsley feeling better!

I hope you feel better...I'm so paranoid about getting sick for my trip, I was sick for most of my trip in 2008 so ever since then, I go crazy taking vitamins that are supposed to boost your immune system and wipe down everything with Clorox wipes! I'm a bit OCD when it comes to germs! :rotfl:

I got a flu shot yesterday and I thought I was fine, but now I feel like I might be getting a cold from it...ughhhh...I hope it goes away! :)

gotta love SINGLE digits!!! :thumbsup2

Hope you're feeling better...it would be awful to be sick and on holiday!

Hi! I'm back! I have a lot of catching up to do DIS-wise but I just wanted to tell you the weather down there was gorgeous. I hope it holds up for you!

hope you feel better soon!!!

Thanks! I'm feeling slightly better today so hopefully I won't get worse!

:woohoo: for single digits! And for Parsley feeling better!

I hope you feel better...I'm so paranoid about getting sick for my trip, I was sick for most of my trip in 2008 so ever since then, I go crazy taking vitamins that are supposed to boost your immune system and wipe down everything with Clorox wipes! I'm a bit OCD when it comes to germs! :rotfl:

I got a flu shot yesterday and I thought I was fine, but now I feel like I might be getting a cold from it...ughhhh...I hope it goes away! :)

One week from today, I'll be HOME doing last minute packing and cleaning my apartment like a mad woman!

I usually start doing the same thing and for some reason, our trip just kind of snuck up on me this year! I wasn't prepared! I don't bother getting the flu shot. I'm pretty healthy overall, and everyone at my job gets it so if they won't be getting the flu than I don't have anything to worry about! :rotfl2:

gotta love SINGLE digits!!! :thumbsup2

Hope you're feeling better...it would be awful to be sick and on holiday!

I was sick in 2006 on my birthday trip, of all things! I got sick halfway through our trip and I was miserable! I'm GLAD I got sick now instead of next week!

Hi! I'm back! I have a lot of catching up to do DIS-wise but I just wanted to tell you the weather down there was gorgeous. I hope it holds up for you!

You CAN'T be back already! Wow that week flew by! Can't wait to read about your trip!!! I've been tracking the weather in Orlando on my phone (I'm such a nerd)...it's currently 77° with a high today of 88°! I'm so excited!

Hi Ali! I am so excited for you. Only 8 days now. Woohoo!!!!!!

I hope you are feeling better soon. Lots of liquids and get some rest. Tylenol PM is WONDERFUL!! I'm glad Parsley is better too.

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Glad you are feelinig better. :thumbsup2

I don't get the flu shot either. The one and ONLY time I got it, I got so sick two weeks later that I missed almost two weeks of work. :eek:

Hi Ali! I am so excited for you. Only 8 days now. Woohoo!!!!!!

I hope you are feeling better soon. Lots of liquids and get some rest. Tylenol PM is WONDERFUL!! I'm glad Parsley is better too.

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

I know! I will post pics and updates on FaceBook so make sure you watch for me! I can't believe I only have 4 more days of work! :hyper:

Glad you are feelinig better. :thumbsup2

I don't get the flu shot either. The one and ONLY time I got it, I got so sick two weeks later that I missed almost two weeks of work. :eek:

Yeah, my mom got it one year and was also sick for about 2 weeks afterwards. The risks just don't seem worth it! What's the point in getting it if you're just gonna get sick anyway? :confused3

And of course, I jinxed myself...my throat is killing me again! :rolleyes: I feel ok otherwise but I think I probably will not have a voice tomorrow...and I'm supposed to be on the phones for a couple hours! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter