LINK TO MY TR POSTED 10/30 - I'm Ali & I'm Addicted to Disney Planning - Oct '10 PTR

Seriously! I totally agree! There is so much that needs to get done but no one wants to do MORE work after they just got out of WORK and obviously, working on a day off is just wrong. I need a week off from work just to clean my house. And I live in a 2 BR apartment. It's sad, really! :sad2:

I swear, I could be cleaning and doing laundry 24/7 and my place would still not be clean. I guess that is what I get for having so many darn people and critters in it!

So as you know, we are going to MNSSHP the night we arrive, which is 10/19..and then again on 10/26. Well, after some serious thinking, we have pretty much decided not to dress up for the party on 26th.
I went through this same dilemma last year...I really wanted to dress up, but in the end it was just too much of a hassle, so I just wore a T-shirt. And I still had plenty of fun!

OK so after a week of talking about it, my bathroom is finally clean! I left work early today to come home and do some cleaning and stopped after the bathroom! :rotfl2:

It's funny, I literally just sent off an email to my DH titled: My Impassioned Defense for Hiring an Every-Other-Week Cleaning Lady.

I think it will be worth every penny. He doesn't. Of course, he doesn't do any of the cleaning right now...and much as he claims that he will start cleaning the bathrooms, I've known the man for over a decade, and I know better! :rolleyes:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ooh! And I just read that Future World will now stay open until 9pm starting 10/3! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Hooray!

I swear, I could be cleaning and doing laundry 24/7 and my place would still not be clean. I guess that is what I get for having so many darn people and critters in it!

Yeah that is my problem too! Between the rabbits (6 litterboxes, 4 cages), my finches throwing seed all over the kitchen floor, and the dog shredding any type of paper she can possibly find...it's a never ending saga. It's a good thing they're cute! At least there are no kids to add to the mix in my case!

I went through this same dilemma last year...I really wanted to dress up, but in the end it was just too much of a hassle, so I just wore a T-shirt. And I still had plenty of fun!

That's my plan! We'll pick up the special edition t-shirts when we go on the 19th and wear them on the 26th with some ears!

It's funny, I literally just sent off an email to my DH titled: My Impassioned Defense for Hiring an Every-Other-Week Cleaning Lady.
I think it will be worth every penny. He doesn't. Of course, he doesn't do any of the cleaning right now...and much as he claims that he will start cleaning the bathrooms, I've known the man for over a decade, and I know better! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't even stop at Dunkin Donuts without overdrafting these days, so a cleaning lady is out. :rolleyes: And Lumar tells me all the time that if I need help, I just need to ask....but I either end up waiting 4 hours or he forgets. Or he totally sucks at it (i.e folding laundry) and I end up doing it myself again anyway! :rotfl2:

Hooray!

I don't know how much use we will get out of those last two hours since we are normally in WS getting ready for Illuminations...but we'll see! Maybe a FP for Soarin' around 7:30 - 8pm and then we could head back to WS.

I am loving your flashbacks! Good times :).

Your trip is so close! I'm so jealous and so excited for you. Congratulations on the weight loss, that's so awesome. I've lost 15 too and it just motivates me to lose more.

Also, congratulations on getting your certificate! Good job.

Happy to hear you cleaned the bathroom! Lumar needs it clean when most of his time is spent there ;)!

:hug: to you too. :flower3:

princess::upsidedow

thanks! i feel so loved! :hug:

I am loving your flashbacks! Good times :).

I love looking back at my old scrapbooks and remembering all of our trips. I'm so glad I decided to make an album for each trip.

Your trip is so close! I'm so jealous and so excited for you. Congratulations on the weight loss, that's so awesome. I've lost 15 too and it just motivates me to lose more.

Thanks and congrats to you, too! I have about 15lbs to lose to reach my short term goal. My original goal was to lose a total of 30lbs before our trip but since I kind of fell off the weight loss band wagon for a while, I've given myself til the end of the year to lose the rest. Then for next year my goal will be another 30lbs and I will have arrived at my goal weight.

Also, congratulations on getting your certificate! Good job.

Thanks! Not as good as you Ms. Dean's List ;), but it's something. I have so many more classes I want to take but they are $500 each so I have to wait until next year to start them.

Happy to hear you cleaned the bathroom! Lumar needs it clean when most of his time is spent there ;)!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible so that I hopefully won't have to give it a full scrub down again before we leave.

We spent the afternoon yesterday in Mass. visiting my sister and her boyfriend. We were supposed to go to the movies to see "Machete," which was playing at 9:20pm according to the website. We drove all the way to the theater and when we got there, they told us that they stopped playing it as of Thursday and "apparently the website hasn't been updated." :sad2: Needless to say, we were rather bummed out. We couldn't find anything to rent, either, so we just went back to their apartment to hang out. We, of course, started talking about WDW!

Lumar and I had been discussing a big trip for 2012 in the car on the way there. In our original plan, there would be 10 of us going on this trip:

Me & Lumar
Mike and whoever
My sister Steph and her BF Rob
Lumar's brother Robby and his GF Brittany
My cousin Karla and whoever

So Steph and Rob said that would be awesome and they would love to do that...plus if we plan for 2012 then they would be done with school and they would have enough time to save up for it.

Lumar's brother also said he would love to go (he was a CM in the college program and he misses it a lot).

So that leaves Mike and Karla.

Mike obviously would want to go, but he's clearly not in the right stage of life to make decisions for 2 years from now (he still doesn't have a job and our mom is paying his car payments, his car insurance, and his rent). Karla is graduating high school this coming year and I know she is going to college so that could pose a problem. Even if we planned for May instead of October (which would make me sad) there is still a chance it would interfere with her classes or her finals.

So it's definitely still a work in progress and we won't be able to work out a lot of the details until next fall at the earliest. But the gears are turning! I was kind of hoping to be able to just go with only Steph & Rob before that big trip....but I don't think they'd be able to afford it for 2011. We'll see though!

Lumar also randomly decided yesterday that he wants a Flip video camera. We bought a camcorder in 2007 and brought it on our trip with us. It worked out OK...it runs off of Mini DV so buying the tapes (and then Fastforwarding/Rewinding) is a pain in the butt, and loading the videos onto the computer was annoying. So even though the Flip only records up to 2 hours of video, we can just plug it into the laptop each night, transfer directly to the computer, and then delete it from the camera's memory. We looked into them today and found that buying them through the Flip site directly was about $200. I went to ebay and found an authorized dealer selling one brand new, still in the box, for $140 (plus free shipping!). So he bought it and now we'll have a new video recorder for our trip! :woohoo:

So my plan for today is clean the house some more and maybe I'll do some more packing!

23 total days, 15 days of work, and 3 weekends to go! :banana:

I want to do a trip in 2012 too. I think it will just be Kris and I because he is a little bummed it's not just to two of us for this trip (it's our first time there together). Oct 2012 will be my 30th birthday and what better way to spend it than in WDW? :) I want to stay deluxe so I have plenty of time to save up!!

I want to do a trip in 2012 too. I think it will just be Kris and I because he is a little bummed it's not just to two of us for this trip (it's our first time there together). Oct 2012 will be my 30th birthday and what better way to spend it than in WDW? :) I want to stay deluxe so I have plenty of time to save up!!

I really want to stay Deluxe too, but if the 2012 trip turns out to be the big group trip I want it to be, we will definitely stay Moderate instead so that everyone can all afford to stay in the same resort.

I really want to stay Deluxe too, but if the 2012 trip turns out to be the big group trip I want it to be, we will definitely stay Moderate instead so that everyone can all afford to stay in the same resort.

I've never stayed at a Mod so if I couldn't afford a deluxe, I'd probalby go for POFQ or CSR. Deluxe - my favorite is WL but since I love trying new places, maybe AKL. I've put way too much thought into this and I haven't even gone on this years trip yet. :laughing:

Here's a funny story that you guys are sure to appreciate...

I decided to retype and reprint my packing list today. I fix it all up and click print. A piece of paper feeds halfway through the printer, then stops, and I get a Paper Jam error.

I pull the paper out and look around in there, and from what I could see there was nothing else in there. I click print again. This time, the rollers in the printer start moving, but the paper doesn't even feed. Another paper jam error message.

So I'm looking around at the rollers and suddenly I see it....one of those gray, cardboard style nail files, like they use in the salons. It must have been on top of the paper in the tray and fed into the printer when I tried to print the first time. I grab some tweezers, but I can't pull the file out from the front...it's too thick to fit through. I start shoving it back the way came. Now it's wedged behind the rollers and I can't get it out either way.

I sat there for 45 minutes trying to get this thing out of there. I flipped the printer over about 10 times trying to find a way to take off one of the back panels so I can access the area behind the rollers. I can't find ANYTHING...no tabs, no screws, nothing that shows me how to get in there.

Finally I break down and just start crying. This can only happen to me, and I can't go without a printer but I can't afford a new one, either.

Lumar comes over. Flips the printer over, finds some little compartment, pops the cover off, the file falls out, he puts the cover back on, and goes back to playing his X-Box.

He was literally over here for 30 seconds MAX.

:lmao: :lmao: That's hilarious :) At least it wasn't truly broken :teeth:

That sucks that you guys drove all that way to see Machete and it wasn't there! I heard it wasn't that good, though, so maybe it's a good thing you missed it? :confused3

LOL that's too funny...the same kinds of things happen with me all the time! I'll struggle with something forever, and Brandon will come over, do one little thing, and it's fine! :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: That's hilarious :) At least it wasn't truly broken :teeth:

That sucks that you guys drove all that way to see Machete and it wasn't there! I heard it wasn't that good, though, so maybe it's a good thing you missed it? :confused3

That's what I said! I am glad he was able to solve the problem...I was just so frustrated that I sat there trying so hard and could NOT figure it out.

I wanted to see it, but at the same time we don't really have the money to spend right now on "extra" stuff (and considering we went through half a tank of gas to get there and back), so it just seems like maybe it was meant to be.

LOL that's too funny...the same kinds of things happen with me all the time! I'll struggle with something forever, and Brandon will come over, do one little thing, and it's fine! :lmao:

I guess it makes sense....Lumar used to work at GameStop and he certainly knows his way around electronics. I was just so mad that I sat there struggling for 45 minutes and in less than 45 seconds he figured it out.

I am so sorry for laughing, but...:rotfl: I could just picture it. How? cause stuff like that happens to me ALL THE TIME...I struggle, get frustrated...and then dh swoops in and has a simple fix (that he could have done so much sooner and caused me so much less grief...but never does)

Glad he got it fixed though! :thumbsup2

I am so sorry for laughing, but...:rotfl: I could just picture it. How? cause stuff like that happens to me ALL THE TIME...I struggle, get frustrated...and then dh swoops in and has a simple fix (that he could have done so much sooner and caused me so much less grief...but never does)

Glad he got it fixed though! :thumbsup2

I still don't understand how it even got in there in the first place! The whole setup is made in such a way that ONLY paper should get in there....how did a nail file even get through?! :confused3 AHHHHH!!!!

First off I did laugh about the printer incident. We have 4 kids, so you can imagine what kinds of wierd things we find in places, thank goodness VCRs are out and gone.

When you get your Flip camera let me know how you like it and how well it works. I never heard of these and have been battling with the dilema of wanting video of my kids but not wanting to lug around my big camera and all.

2012 must be the year. My hubby and I will be celebrating 10years that year, and we want to do something special just the 2 of us, and I was seriously considering us doing Disney kid free. We did it for our honeymoon in 04, but we are afraid of the kid's reactions too. They may never forgive us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter