Lines in Disney World in August

Axl

Earning My Ears
This is my 1st trip to Disney World! I was wondering what kind of lines to expect? I am going Aug 11-18.:confused:

We have traveled to Disney 3 times in the August month. The parks are crowded and the lines are sometimes long, fast pass on major attractions helps. The only problem I have found is waiting in line for shows, sometimes it is just too long to wait. I try to eat at off peak times because counter service is always packed at major times. I have never really had much of a problem, seeing have been there 3 times in the August months and plan on going more in that month, just seem to enjoy it.

Plan on taking some time away from the heat and crowds to rejuvinate yourself.:smooth:

wdisneyaholic,

we just returned from wdw last week and I am planning our next trip! I'll been thinking about August 2002 because dd is out of school and there seems to be a deal of hotels, however, I am concerned with the weather. Is August HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT? What are rain? Thanks Sandra

SandraC,

It is definately hot in Disney in August, but I don't find it to be intollerable, there is always some way to cool off, like most rides and the shops. I allways go to the parks in the early am, and then when it starts to get really hot, I go back to the hotel for a swim or nap and come back in the evening when it starts to cool down some. Also swimming cools down your body temperature.

I took my one yr old son last Aug. and just used the water bottles and drank plenty of fluids. We had a blast. Let me know if you have anymore questions!!

you can for sure expect to wait in relatively long lines for some time especially for the really popular rides/attractions; we have always gone in August in the past.

However, you may be able to cut down on a portion of your wait time by standing in popular ride lines during the usual lunch times when a lot of people are more than likely to be off eating lunch inside restaurants.

It would be great to take along the water mister fans, hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen for sure because you definitely will be hot and even more so by standing still for awhile (we had them last year and it was wonderful in feeling a little relief from the heat).

Also, it is helpful to drink plenty of water or juices while taking time out and resting every once in a while.

Hope you enjoy!

IT IS A SUPER TIME TO GO ALTHOUGH IT IS HOT!!

THE LINES ARE LONG BUT I THINK FAST PASSES TAKE THE HORROR OUT OF THIS

ALSO I THINK THAT IF YOUDO QUEUE AT LUNCHTIME OR AT THE TIME OF THE PARADES YOU FIND THE LINES ARE SHORTER

I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT THEY ARE GOING TO INTRODUCE FAST PASSES TO THE RESTAURANTS AND CAFES WHICH SHOULDALSO HELP

WHATEVER IT IS GREAT IN JULY/AUGUST - THIS IS WHEN WE ALWAYS GO :bounce:

We are also planning on going in Aug.(11th-17th) We have never gone in Aug. but our strategy will be EE and then leave the parks by 12 and return to hotel for swim and relaxation. We're staying at the BC so this will make things easier. We'll return to the parks late in afternoon when things have cooled down a bit. :p

This is to SandraC-, We are planning on going also in August of 2002 and if you do not mind what deals did you find? I am looking around for some deals so I can start planning our vacation. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter