• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lines at Disneyworld

Emory

Earning My Ears
Thinking of going but just wondering if anyone can estimate how long the wait is for the good rides like Space Mountain. I've heard this is the busiest time of year. Thanks!

Originally posted by Emory
Thinking of going but just wondering if anyone can estimate how long the wait is for the good rides like Space Mountain. I've heard this is the busiest time of year. Thanks!

Welcome to the DIS Emory! This is a very busy time of the year, wait times for rides like SM can be on average 60-90+ minutes long. That's why you should use Fast Pass. Once you come back for your scheduled time to ride it only takes minutes!!! Get to the parks early and do as many of the E-Ticket rides in the morning as you can. Hope this helps!! :teacher:

Honestly, it's all in planning. I work at ToT and today our wait times fluctuated from 15-60 minutes. The busiest times at ToT seems to be midday and early evening. However, things can always change. I think just plan you time as to what is most important to and utilize FASTPASS to the best of your ability. If you's like you may also consider using the EE days for getting some major attractions out of the way.

Melissa

We were at MK at opening 2 of the days we were there. We didn't arrive until just as the park opened, so we weren't right up front, but we were close. We'd go to Space Mt first. I'd run ahead and get fast passes. There was usually a 30 minute wait by the time I arrived. I'd get fast passes which were for 10ish to 11ish. We'd ride Buzz Lightyear twice (just a few minute wait), go see some other things that didn't have a wait in Adventure Land (Pirates, Jungle Cruise, etc) and we'd come back and ride SM. Later in the day, it always seemed to have a 50 minute or more wait.

Go early and use Fast Pass.

Have fun.

If you are staying at a WDW property you can also take advantage of E-night. It includes the three mountains, Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Pooh, Buzz, and Haunted Mansion. Lines are 10 min. max. (except for Pan and Pooh, ride those first)

We just got back last week as well. I was nervous about the crowds but I honestly didn't think it was that much busier than when we went in February. We avoided early entry day parks, got fast passes and it really pays to go early! By about 10 am things are getting busy. We almost didn't do an e-ticket night because the park was open until 10 or 11 each night but were so glad when we did! It was awesome, like having the park to yourself. The days are so hot and humid but the evenings were lovely. You could almost skip days and just go at night.

Originally posted by shatzjsl
(except for Pan and Pooh, ride those first)

We noticed the FIRST time we walked by on E night how long the line was for these - I was pretty surprised. But then we went and did HM and the 2 mountains on that side. When we walked back we walked right onto both Pan & Pooh. My theory is the people who have little kids go to those first so they don't stay up as late????:confused:

Anyway - if you see long line on E-night - skip it and come back later - assuming you're willing to stay until the end of E-night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter