Line Waiting app....funny thought

Hello neighbor, fellow Tennessean here!:wave2: I'm not as familiar with the iTouch but my daughters doesn't have 3g only wireless which means she can't use the app in the parks which of course is one of her arguments for "needing" an iPhone! Do the new ones have 3g? Maybe this would be cheaper than getting her an iPhone which isn't going to happen for awhile!:goodvibes

Hey! Nope, the new one doesn't have 3g so I just HAD to go UPGRADE my phone so we could have the app in the park. :rotfl: I do love my new phone and it is WONDERFUL to check the wait times sitting at my desk in Tennessee. :woohoo:

Hey Everyone!! I'm in Memphis so not too far from Nashville!!!:wave2:

:wave2: Hello! I used to travel to Memphis a lot as part of my job. Love what they did to the downtown area over the past 8-10 years and the baseball park there. And of course Beale is always fun!

:wave2: Hello! I used to travel to Memphis a lot as part of my job. Love what they did to the downtown area over the past 8-10 years and the baseball park there. And of course Beale is always fun!

Yes, they have been working on improving downtown. The crime is down too so that helps. I just went to Nashville a couple weeks ago for a business meeting.

Hey! I am in Jackson, TN, and travel to Memphis often, and Nashville even more so! As a matter of fact I will be in Nashville next week and possible Memphis next weekend! lol
As far as apps, Brian has Lines, the free WDW wait times, and Undercover Tourist. And I love them all.....and I am just bidding time until my phone comes eligible for an upgrade (IPhone 4 here I come!)

I would probably only trust the WDW app. When I was there in early/mid December a woman on the bus was talking to another woman about her phone app for wait times and was telling her and others the estimated crowd level for the day was a 1 out of 10 at Epcot and things like Soarin and Test Track had 25 minute waits. We got there...and Soarin was at a 100 wait...I felt kind of bad for the woman because she was SOOO wrong.

DH found Undercover Tourist last trip & we loved it. I just got an iphone for Christmas and I think my favorite part is checking out the day's happenings at Disney - even though we are still 9 months away from our next trip. For example, right now it reports Toy Mania has a 45 minute wait :3dglasses!

Now that I've read this thread I think we'll have to get at least one of the other apps & be having competitive comparisons while we are there next time. It will be like playing a game for us.

Hey! I am in Jackson, TN, and travel to Memphis often, and Nashville even more so! As a matter of fact I will be in Nashville next week and possible Memphis next weekend! lol
As far as apps, Brian has Lines, the free WDW wait times, and Undercover Tourist. And I love them all.....and I am just bidding time until my phone comes eligible for an upgrade (IPhone 4 here I come!)

Hey Neighbor!!!! :wave2:

celerystalker - we have a Universal app that is free on both Android & iPhone. It has wait times & ride information too!

Our Disney app is free on both platforms too.

:banana:

Thank you

Undercover Tourist

celerystalker - we have a Universal app that is free on both Android & iPhone. It has wait times & ride information too!

Our Disney app is free on both platforms too.

:banana:

Thank you

Undercover Tourist

I just did a search in the Market for undercover tourist, and got a message "there are no matches in Android Market for the search: undercover tourist." Any suggestions on how I can get this app would be greatly appreciated.

If you type in:

Phunware

You will see all our apps and our FROG :cool1:.

They are the developer who we co-developed this with.

Thank you

Undercover Tourist

If you type in:

Phunware

You will see all our apps and our FROG :cool1:.

They are the developer who we co-developed this with.

Thank you

Undercover Tourist

Hey Undercover!
After reading a lot of great things about the UT app I bought it and we are really looking forward to using next month on the trip. We have been using the VersaEdge apps which seemed more accurate than Lines but we still use Lines for the FP return feature. It looks like the UT app shows which rides have FPs but does not show FP return times. Any chance UT will add that feature? That would be great and we could just use it!!

We are working on some very exciting new projects regarding our:

Website - massive rework
Apps - new features, we promise we have been listening to our several hundred thousand app users and will be adding a host of new features over the coming year.
YouTube account - adding hundreds of new HD 1080p videos from all parks

We want feature parity on every app platform

:cool1:

Thank you

Undercover Tourist

We are working on some very exciting new projects regarding our:

Website - massive rework
Apps - new features, we promise we have been listening to our several hundred thousand app users and will be adding a host of new features over the coming year.
YouTube account - adding hundreds of new HD 1080p videos from all parks

We want feature parity on every app platform

:cool1:

Thank you

Undercover Tourist

I hope this means you're finally developing an app for Blackberry phones.:teeth:

I have yet to see any reports from people who say these apps made any real difference in their trips. Maybe for first timers?:earsboy:
Made a sandwich and finished my post. Guess I won't be the first. :)
When we were there last Christmas, the Lines app made a big difference.

There were multiple occasions that I checked the reports from people in the park, and noted that a ride was out of service, so we did NOT have to track across the park to find the ride down. I specifically remember TT at EPCOT, and SM in MK, though I think there were others.

Each one saved at least 30 minutes of tracking across the parks to use a fastpass.

There are also live reports on return times of fastpasses currently being given out, and fastpases running out for the day. This saves trekking across the park for a fastpass with a return time later than you want, or for a fastpass that has run out.

In some respects, the live reports from people in the parks can make a bigger difference than the wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter