Line cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little kids need to go to the bathroom, diabetics need to run to grab something sweet when their sugar is low...it happens. I don't get bent out of shape for that kind of stuff.

I do get supremely annoyed when groups of people (have seen it done) just sort of morph into the front of the line because they don't want to wait. It's one thing to have an issue that causes someone from your party to leave the line (see above); however, it's entirely another when one person holds a spot in line for the other 19 in her party who just didn't feel like standing.

Does that make sense?
Makes sense to me and this is what happened yesterday. It was very obvious that 2 people were holding spots for a larger group, which is why they were ratted out.

When I go to WDW, it's in September, so I don't have too many problems. Plus, I utilize FP. But, I have heard of people having issues at other times of year and I was just opining that Disney could be a hell of a lot more on the ball about this stuff.

Part of me knew that there were going to be people making a huge deal about this thread, this is the Dis after all.;):laughing hopefully, the controversy will sputter out soon..just sad when you can't post an observation/ opinion without igniting a firestorm.

Just my opinion, that's all. I'll still go next month and have a fantastic time.

Yes it can be done. But you didn't answer the question about taking the kid to the bathroom. Let's face it, the standby lines over the summer can easily reach an hour or more. And if you have been around young (ie: 2-7(?)) kids, when you get in the line, they don't have to go to the bathroom. After waiting 30-45 minutes, they might NEED to go. Are you advocating taking the kid to the bathroom and then getting back at the END of the line?

I think the problem at Disney is it's success.

A forty five minute lines is really not that long if you go during a busy time of year. Soarin has been known to get almost 3 hours long.

I know at Cedar Point it makes no difference how long the line is. You leave for any reason, even a potty break, you start again at the end of the line. And it is pretty common for the popular rides to have lines that are hours long.

Makes sense to me and this is what happened yesterday. It was very obvious that 2 people were holding spots for a larger group, which is why they were ratted out.

I can understand how frustrating it would be if a large group was cutting. It's definitely a situation where people were taking advantage.
I do not go to WDW frequent enough to notice if line-cutting is out of control or just isolated cases. I visit DLR often and line-cutting is of the norm. It's all part of the Disney experience. ;)

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those threads that goes on and on and on and on.... :lmao:
(Yes, I contributed. Shame on me!)

The negative threads always do! And people think only some of us stir the pot with our observations.

And for those suggesting that people be allowed a round-trip exit/return to the line for blood-sugar maintenance and bathroom breaks? Easy solution. Juice and catheters!

I experienced this just days ago when we were in line for the People Mover at MK... the line was particularly long that night and I saw two different groups cut the line. One group walked to the end of the line, came back, and snuck on with their three kids in tow. Granted that line is horribly marked and can wrap out towards the orbitor but still... I was so frustrated! The line broke down right when it was our turn to enter, with the other family comfy in their seats :-(

Juice and catheters!

Ooooooooo, I want one shaped as a Mickey Glove! Or maybe you could build your own at DTD, NEAT!

But seriously DW and I encountered more line cutters this past trip then we ever have. AND this trip was by far the best trip we have ever had.

As a PP mentioned, don't let the small stuff ruin YOUR vacation. It obviously isn't ruining theirs.

Wow - awesome policy!:thumbsup2 I agree with the OP - if you are gracious and point out your hubby/wifey and have baby in tow and say 'i just left (in which case, btw, I'm sure most people would have seen you stepping out of the line 10 minutes before) then I'll let them go through. If 10 teens are pushing at me screaming so they can meet up with friends I'll just form a cute little wall with my bf/friends and they won't pass. It doesn't make me upset to do this - it makes me happy. I'm teaching them some manners by not letting them cut. Yay for me!:goodvibes
People always say 'I don't let it bother me'. I don't get that. I'm not letting it bother me either because I'm not letting it happen. I won't let someone invade my personal space or be rude to myself or my family - espcially with something so easy to control as line cutting. Just turn around, smile nicely, and say 'no'. That's what I do. Never had a problem yet (except for crazy goon teen that was shoving me to the ground that I had to sweetly elbow in the gut to get him to stop assaulting me:)) because they stop in their tracks when they realize you won't allow them to get in front of you. If more people would just assert themselves and show them how to wait in a line it wouldn't be a problem, imo.
Honestly I think people that let people cut in line in front of them are being twice as rude to those standing behind them.:confused3

The thing is that I have seen people catching up to their party. And whether or not they went to the bathroom or something never really entered my mind. I'm not sure I've seen people trying to walk through 40 minutes of people to the front. I don't honestly think it's as much of a problem as gets made of it on the DIS. I think we just like to complain about people that are jerks, whether we see them or not. :)

Not. Actually it is about the fact that not even perfect parents van be
everywhere and see everything and thus a child benefits from others watching out for them, also.

You aren't always with your kids, are you? Heck? I homeschool and mine are
still playing in the neighborhood, etc. I'm glad
we have people to look out for them.

My basic feeling is you should enter the line together.

Then if someone in your party needs to leave the line to go potty or get drinks, I could care less. You were ahead of me before anyway. If you are by yourself, I would happily hold your place in line for you. The key here is that you entered the line with your party and you were already ahead of me.

I am glad that Disney allows for some common sense rather than strict rules. It makes no sense for people to suffer in line because they can't go take a quick trip to the bathroom without loosing their place.

I've actually had someone try and cut in front of me when on the ramp to the Pooh entrance. Yeah, the ramp right before you get on one of the ride vehicles!! Talk about not wanting to wait 60 seconds for your turn!

What about if I'm taking my child to go to the bathroom while my husband and son are waiting in an hour long line for TSM? Can I exit and come back to my place?

What about if I just SAID I was catching up with my husband and son after going to the bathroom?

How does Disney know the difference? They are lax because there's too much gray area. Also because not a lot of people report line cutters.

when we were at DL, I had to take my 4yo to the boys room while in the middle of the line. when i returned, the CM told me to go in through the exit and when the rest of my party reached the platform, I could rejoin them. Dunno about WDW.

There clearly IS a lot of gray area. But there ARE some lines that can be drawn. An adult with a small child? Could easily have been a potty run, and I can't imagine anyone here raising an issue with it.

A HERD of 10 teens? Uhhh...... Nope.

Lol, well, no one is making anyone go to wdw. I like the nice cm attitudes, and have never had issues with cutters. Maybe it is because we are there in January, when it is slow.

But your countdown says you will be there in October/November..so..what is it, Jan or October?

Having a dd with a bladder the size of a walnut, I love the idea of a build your own catheter. She may go pee right before we get in a line, but 45 minutes later is doing the "peee~pee" dance. Its such a big deal for us to run potty and come back? We could get at the end of the line, and repeat every 45 mins, and be in line all day long I guess. That would sure punish her for having overactive bladder, darn her! Or, Maybe you would prefer her have an accident instead? I guess you never know about wet seats on water rides, huh?? Ewwww!

I think the signs at Cedar Point say that if you cut the line you won't just get booted from that line but from the park entirely. Don't know how strictly they enforce that but I sure didn't see anyone cutting the line! The signs seemed to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter