Lindsay's journal.....3 half marathons later and I'm still at it updated 7/12

I was feeling so good after I passed the mile 11 marker. I think it sunk in that I can and I am really doing this. I made my way down the road and passed the ESPN area. They had some really great music playing and a motivating lady telling us we are almost there. I turned onto the next road, ran up just a small incline and then I saw this.........
disney2011215.jpg

Boy that was a motivating site. I just kept running. No more walking for me. I needed to get to that finish line. I also was really looking forward to seeing two of our favorite guys, Phineus and Ferb. I had read that they were suppose to be on the course. I was hoping that I wouldnt miss them.

As I got closer to the park I passed this all girl rock band. They were singing Lady Gaga's bad romance and I loved it. Although it was great to have them playing on the course I think it would have been even more fun for them to be playing in the tent areas after the race.
disney2011217.jpg

Then there was a few characters along the stretch of the road. I cant remember who all was there but I could not pass up this photo op....
disney2011218.jpg

It wasnt long before I got to this sign.
disney2011219.jpg

then shortly after we were running into epcot.:yay: I ran up past spaceship earth and there they were....two of our favorite guys.

disney2011220.jpg

the cm rushed to take my picture so I was disappointed that I looked a bit silly in it.

I felt accomplished after that picture and was so excited to tell Ryan I got a chance to meet them. He was going to be thrilled.
The run through epcot was great. It was an out and back from the front of the park to the lagoon and back out the other side. (i think) There were lots of people cheering us on. It was pretty hot at this point and there was no shade but it wasnt stopping me!!!!!

As I ran back from the lagoon and out the CM area I heard the allejuiah's and saw the choir
disney2011221.jpg

My eyes welled up with tears. I am almost there:woohoo: I turned the corner and saw this.
disney2011222.jpg
I got even more emotional.....

then I turned the next corner and saw the crowd of people and the finish line.

disney2011224.jpg

I had no idea how I would even see my mom and aunt but I started to hear my name being yelled out and saw them standing by the fence. My mom's face said it all. She was so proud of me and that made me cry even more. I ran as fast as I could....which in the video looks pretty slow:lmao: over that finish line and I raise my hands up in the air and said "Yes, I did it". I was never more proud of myself for sticking with something and finishing it to completion than I was today. It was an amazing feeling.

I got my medal and then got some pixie dust and made my way to the end of the fenced area. I stopped and got my professional picture taken by the wall. I still need to purchase those pics. They all got great. As I was leaving my dh called, he had done the runner tracker and knew I had finished. He called to congratulate me and said he was so very proud of me and that got me in tears yet again.

I went through the baggage areas and found my supporters.

disney2011227.jpg

disney2011226.jpg

and here I am with my bling.
disney2011225.jpg

and here are my virtual supporters that I was so honored to meet and now call my real life friends. Lisa, Maria, Me, Rose, and Corina
disney2011228.jpg

I grabbed a powerade and an orange and stopped to talk with my wish friends. Rose reminded me to start drinking....I just love her.;) So thats what I did! I wanted to stay longer to chat but I was beat and really just wanted to sit down and relax for a minute. So I said my goodbyes and we took the short walk to our bus stop. God was on my side this day because the CBR stop was only about 10 steps from the tent I was at and as we approached the bus pulled up and we got on.:worship: I realized as I sat down how sore my legs really were.:laughing:

I was smiling ear to ear all the way back to our resort this was an amazing day!!!!!!

UP NEXT: my overall thoughts on the princess half and my mom and aunts review on the chear squad packages.

Lindsay--loved your race day report.:goodvibes What was it that I was telling you to drink??? I'm sure it was non-alcoholic.:thumbsup2 I'm so impressed with how many pictures you took!

Lindsay--loved your race day report.:goodvibes What was it that I was telling you to drink??? I'm sure it was non-alcoholic.:thumbsup2 I'm so impressed with how many pictures you took!

I think you noticed my powerade had not been opened and told me I should remember to start drinking. Yes non-alcoholic for the moment.:lmao: I just thought it was so nice of you to "care" about me. After I got my pictures printed I realized how many I actually took during the race and it cracked me up. No wonder it took me so long to get to the finish.:lmao: Honestly I loved every minute of it and I wouldnt have done it any differently. Now if I get to do this again I will probably not take as many pics.:rolleyes1

Whoo hoo!! Congratulations! Love the last update and the excitement of crossing the finishline and your pic with phineas and ferb. I wish i had stopped. Oh well, so many reasons to do another disney race. Such an amazing day.

:rotfl2: I made sure I took water or powerade at every station because I didn't want to risk not drinking enough and then not being able to have my margaritas later. I have my priorities.

Congrats on your great run. It looks like you finished strong and with style! :thumbsup2 I'm just getting started in week 4 of c25k and your journey is inspiring. I hope to do the princess half one day, and I hope to have as wonderful a run as you did.

Can't wait to read your closing thoughts. Thanks for the great TR, the fabulous pictures, and of course, the inspiration!

Cate

Congrats on your great run. It looks like you finished strong and with style! :thumbsup2 I'm just getting started in week 4 of c25k and your journey is inspiring. I hope to do the princess half one day, and I hope to have as wonderful a run as you did.

Can't wait to read your closing thoughts. Thanks for the great TR, the fabulous pictures, and of course, the inspiration!

Cate

Thanks Cate, I am hoping to finish my final race thoughts and my last day in disney soon! Good luck with your running. You can definitely do anything you put your mind too. Running is alot mental and a little physical!

Congrats on finishing the Princess. Loved the trip report.

Thank you!!!!!

Whoo hoo!! Congratulations! Love the last update and the excitement of crossing the finishline and your pic with phineas and ferb. I wish i had stopped. Oh well, so many reasons to do another disney race. Such an amazing day.

:rotfl2: I made sure I took water or powerade at every station because I didn't want to risk not drinking enough and then not being able to have my margaritas later. I have my priorities.

Another disney race is definitely on my list. Not sure when but definitely someday again. I drank at every stop too and thought that was one of the greatest parts of the race. They know how to keep us hydrated.

I just read your journal and I loved it. I love all the pictures that you took and I love your journey that got you there. I am hoping to run the 1/2 marathon in January with 2 of my friends but am nervous about the training. Reading your recap/journey was really inspirational to me and makes me think that I am ready. I have a DD who I am nervous to leave at home with DH :laughing: but I think that doing the marathon would be the experience of a lifetime and such an accomplishment. Thanks for sharing your story. It really was such an inspiration! :goodvibes Congrats on finishing the marathon!!

Just read through and I LOVE YOUR PICS!!! I'm so hoping to do the Princess 2012! I've had some doubts lately about my ability to do this since I'm not really a runner, but after reading this post I am back to dedicating myself to the training and I'm going to do this!!! Awesome pics, awesome report, just awesome!!!

I just read through your journal and loved it! Thank you so much for posting this! I am training for the Princess 1/2 in February, it will be my first 1/2 marathon and I just started running 3 weeks ago! Congrats on finishing and on your weight loss, you are truly an inspiration! :)

Hi there! I'm so glad we bumped into each other on the Dis...can't wait to read this journal!!! What an accomplishment...a half marathon! Hopefully I will have some time tonight when the kids are quiet:rotfl:

I just read your journal and I loved it. I love all the pictures that you took and I love your journey that got you there. I am hoping to run the 1/2 marathon in January with 2 of my friends but am nervous about the training. Reading your recap/journey was really inspirational to me and makes me think that I am ready. I have a DD who I am nervous to leave at home with DH :laughing: but I think that doing the marathon would be the experience of a lifetime and such an accomplishment. Thanks for sharing your story. It really was such an inspiration! :goodvibes Congrats on finishing the marathon!!

You will do great. I was very nervous too. The best thing to do is follow the plan as close as you can. if you miss a few runs during the week no biggie just try to get in all your wkend long runs. This will be an experience you will never forget and it is the one time I say its totally worth leaving your child at home. Have fun focusing on you!!!!!

Just read through and I LOVE YOUR PICS!!! I'm so hoping to do the Princess 2012! I've had some doubts lately about my ability to do this since I'm not really a runner, but after reading this post I am back to dedicating myself to the training and I'm going to do this!!! Awesome pics, awesome report, just awesome!!!

I was never really a runner either. I was very athletic in high school and we had to do long runs for field hockey. When I was a senior I use to take my group and hide in an apt building complex and then run back.:lmao: The coach figured it out after awhile and I got put into a group with 2 of the fastest seniors. I almost died.:lmao: So moral of the story is you can do anything you put your mind too and you will not be alone. There will be hundreds/thousands of other non-runners there to.

I just read through your journal and loved it! Thank you so much for posting this! I am training for the Princess 1/2 in February, it will be my first 1/2 marathon and I just started running 3 weeks ago! Congrats on finishing and on your weight loss, you are truly an inspiration! :)

Thank you so much. I never quite thought I would be the one inspiring people but Im glad I did. I have read so many stories on here that inspired me too. Good luck with your training.

Hi there! I'm so glad we bumped into each other on the Dis...can't wait to read this journal!!! What an accomplishment...a half marathon! Hopefully I will have some time tonight when the kids are quiet:rotfl:

Hello!!!! Thanks for hoping over to my journal. I am really looking forward to reading all about your trip. I love your pics.

I realized I never quite finished up my report. There is not much left but I hate to not complete it so I will try to do that tonight. Thank you all for reading along.

I have not done so well since the princess. I have gained back some weight and have not run as much. Well I did do another half on May 1st but since then I only got out to run twice. It could be partly because it rained from May til June but that is just yet another excuse.

I am happy to say that this week I feel like I have really turned myself around again. I went back and read my journal too. That always seems to help me get inspired. Who knew I would be inspiring myself.:laughing:

So last fridays weigh in was 196.6 Yes that is 16lbs of weight gain.:scared1: I will post my weight on Monday when I get back to work to use the scale and I am going to post a picture too. I think keeping up to date on here again will help me.

I finally finished reading this! Soooooooo wonderful! I love, love, love your report on the Princess Half...unbelievable. Honestly, I had tears in my eyes while I was reading it. I have been very skeptical about being able to finish 13 miles, but I feel more confident now, thanks to your report!

Thanks for being an encourager! I have 8 months to train!;)

I finally finished reading this! Soooooooo wonderful! I love, love, love your report on the Princess Half...unbelievable. Honestly, I had tears in my eyes while I was reading it. I have been very skeptical about being able to finish 13 miles, but I feel more confident now, thanks to your report!

Thanks for being an encourager! I have 8 months to train!;)

You can definitely do it but start now. Get your self up to running at least 3 times a week for about 2-3 miles each time to build your endurance up for when you start your official training plan which most are about 12-14 weeks long. I cant remember if you said you started already or not but one way to get going is using the Couch to 5K program. If you need more info or any help let me know and good luck.

Just read this whole thread! loved it! You are a great inspiration! My biggest fear is being swept. This will be my first half marathon and I just started doing the couch 2 5K. I a hoping to be able to get into shape in the next 8 months and can't wait until my husband and I go to Disney alone! :)

You can definitely do it but start now. Get your self up to running at least 3 times a week for about 2-3 miles each time to build your endurance up for when you start your official training plan which most are about 12-14 weeks long. I cant remember if you said you started already or not but one way to get going is using the Couch to 5K program. If you need more info or any help let me know and good luck.

Thanks! I have started the C25K recently, but then went to WDW for 10 days...you can imagine the setback:laughing:

Just read this whole thread! loved it! You are a great inspiration! My biggest fear is being swept. This will be my first half marathon and I just started doing the couch 2 5K. I a hoping to be able to get into shape in the next 8 months and can't wait until my husband and I go to Disney alone! :)

:thumbsup2 I'm in the same boat. I thought I was in decent shape until I started running!:rotfl: Holy cow! It was pretty sad the first day of the program...I had no idea how out of shape I really was!!!

I loved your whole thread! You are such an inspiration. I was tearing up looking at your photos. I cannot wait until I can do my first Disney race. I just started running seriously and am going to work my way up to a 1/2 marathon. Seeing your journal is just what I needed. I'm hoping to be able to do the Disneyland 1/2 in 2012. That will be the first race I'll feasibly be able to afford to do so I've got tons of time!

Thank you so much for your kind words. If you do the training you should have no problem endurance wise to do the race. If you are concerned about your speed and are close to the 16 min mile pace I would make sure you start at the top of the corral that you are placed in. That will give you a little extra time as the sweepers start 16 min after the last person in your corral crosses the start line. I would also say to try and skip the porta potties. Most people can do a half without stopping for the bathroom. I felt like I should stop because you can see all the potties and everyone stopping and it was one of those things like I better stop now just in case these are the last ones on the course.:lmao: I really could of made it the full race without stopping. Also stopping at the charachters takes more time than you think. I actually completed my 2nd half marathon almost 30 min faster than the princess race and that was without as much preperation and many hills. So if you are close to the 16 min. pace I would skip the photo ops or just do drive by pictures. Good Luck.

I loved your whole thread! You are such an inspiration. I was tearing up looking at your photos. I cannot wait until I can do my first Disney race. I just started running seriously and am going to work my way up to a 1/2 marathon. Seeing your journal is just what I needed. I'm hoping to be able to do the Disneyland 1/2 in 2012. That will be the first race I'll feasibly be able to afford to do so I've got tons of time!

Thank you!!!! Please feel free to continue to follow me along. I often forget to post here since I am always over on the Biggest Loser Challenge Thread but I am going to try to be more diligent. Good luck with all your training. You will be amazed by what your body will do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter