Linda's W.I.S.H I was a size 6 journal ( comment's appreciated)

momof2minnies

DIS Veteran
Well this week I started once again! 7 days and going well so far. Eating right and excercising like I should. I have been doing something cardio almost everyday and started weights last night. I will only weigh myself once a week so before work tomorrow will be the first.I have my 13 dtr. involved too and that is fun. Wish me luck!
Linda

Well, you are doing better than me in at least you are doing something. About 10 yrs ago, I used to get up at 5 am to excercise before work but seems since my second birth, after having my daughter who I LOVE DEARLY but has some problems so I have a lot more to deal with with her (nothing too major for now, but her life is different from other kids). Anyway, enough about me (sorry). But keep it up keep going just think how much better you will look in your next Disney pics (thats what I try to use to motivate me). But good luck and I hope you reach your goal! :wizard:

Happy, Healthy 2007, Linda!

Welcome to WISH!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. This week I did well- eating right and at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday and started back with weight training. I lost 8 lbs. I am so happy! I hit an all time low on Christmas day- I felt lousy, now I am already feeling like a new person. I hope I can keep it up.
Linda

Doing good this week but the scale is stuck! Went for a run yesterday- boy I am sore, I will walk and do weights today, no scale until Wed. at least. I usually only weigh myself once a week, so I will go back to every Wed.

Congratulations on your 8 pound loss. That is great. You sound like you are right on target as far as exercise/eating goes. Don't worry about the scale being stuck, it will move again.

Ran 1.5 miles and did weight training yesterday- feeling good but a little sore but that is OK. Lousy weather here today so it looks like an elliptical day- I'll see if the weather improves. Clothes are starting to fit a little better. My goal is 30 lbs. by April 1st.
Linda

Hi Linda! Welcome to the WISH. You're doing GREAT so far!! 8 pounds is awesome!! :thumbsup2

You're really doing a lot of exercise! Do you take any rest days? If you're running, you should really incorporate a rest day in there every couple days. Your muscles need to rebuild and mend in between runs.

Take care and keep up the good work!!

Thanks Kim! Yes the days I go for a walk I consider my rest days. I lift every other day or so. Journaling like this does seem to help me stay focused. Thanks, Linda

Can someone tell me how I can be exercsing my butt off and lost 8 lbs. in 2 weeks and holding- the scale has not moved again and my husband has been eating right but no exercise and has lost 5 lbs. NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!In only 1 week!!!!!!!!

Very frusrated now- why is the scale not moving? I am eating very well and exercising like crazy- please any ideas would be appreciated
Linda

First of all, DON'T GIVE UP!!! You are getting out there and exercising, which is a big part of the battle. Another part of the battle is food....what are you eating? Also keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat....if you are doing weights, you are building muscle. Don't focus so much on the scale....focus on how you're feeling. (pretty profound, huh??! :thumbsup2 )
Keep up the good work....the loss will show up!

marie

Hi Linda! Please, please, please don't get discouraged. The scale will move! Maybe if you posted what you're eating & drinking I can help more. Maybe you're not eating enough? If you don't want to post it here please feel free to PM me. I can share some of the info my nutritionist gave me that I am following if you want.

I gotta agree with Marie here (even though it pains me to do so ;) ). You are working out like crazy and your muscles have got to be growing! How are your clothes feeling? Any looser?

I don't know your starting weight, but if you don't have much to loose, then it might not come off very fast. Slow and steady really is the way to go!

Good luck, and PLEASE don't give up!!! We're here for you!! PM me anytime! :hug:

Hey thanks guys for the encouragement! I am eating right, I could probably write a book on how to eat but just had lacked the willpower. I am staying on track but it is a downer when the scale doesn't move even if your clothes do fit a little better. I do feel better of course just working out and eating right but I want more payoff. Yesterday I read Bob Greene and Oprah's book Making the Connection( yes in 1 day, it was that good)and it was the best book I have ever read. Talk about motivating!!!!!! I loved it.

Kim,
My starting weight was 178 and down to 170. I know I am building muscle but I have to be burning fat as well. Like the book says- always work in your zone and I always work up an awesome sweat!
Linda

Today I did a 1.5 -2 mile run and 30 mins. on the elliptical in zone 7-8, 8 most of the time.Feeling good and eating good. I have to go to a baby shower tonight and I am determined not to blow it. I know there will be chicken and veggies there. It is a casual shower so I think I may stop and grab a bottle of water to bring with me.Have not been on the scale again- I am too afraid of being disappointed.
Linda

You sound like you are doing awesome. How was the shower? I love bridal/baby showers. It always has that "feel good" feeling in the air.

It was pretty good. I did well with watching what I ate and then did 45 min on the elliptical when I came home. The mom to be is having twin boys and she was exhausted so it did not last long, she needed to rest. H

How is it going for you?
Linda

Well I have been doing really well and staying motivated but I am very afraid to get on the scale. I am worried if I don't like what I see the motivation will die. Yesterday was 3 weeks, I feel like I have lost, we'll see how I feel next week about weighing in. It is the first real cold day here and I wish I could get some Florida sun.
Linda

I have not done anything since Thurs. Time to get moving again.Don't feel so great, that time of the mo. right now.Blah! No scale yet for me still waiting until this passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter