• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

limo to port

djarhansen

Mouseketeer
Wondering if anybody knows of any good limo company's in the Orlando area to take us to the port? Any I should avoid????? We will be picked up from a Disney hotel and taken back to a disney hotel after the cruise.

Thanks!

We used Happy Limo and everything was great. Just check confirmations thoroughly - there was an error in ours - but just had to give them a call back and they corrected and sent new confirmation. Drivers were very nice.

With 4 of us traveling we found it far more cost effective to use a limo service to get to/from the port. We've used Happy Limo with no problems twice; nice comfortable, substantial vehicles each time easily accommodating the four of us and all of our luggage. On both occasions the driver arrived slightly before the time requested for pick up to go to the port. The driver also offered a stop at a grocery store en-route in case there was anything we needed to get before boarding the ship. Don't recall any issues with the pick up on disembarkation. Another advantage of a limo transfer is that you choose the time you want to get to the port.

:goodvibeswe used happy too and loved them the driver was very nice! on our return trip my mom had a van coming on the wrong day. they were happy to change our day and sent a hummer limo in its place:goodvibes

With 4 of us traveling we found it far more cost effective to use a limo service to get to/from the port. We've used Happy Limo with no problems twice; nice comfortable, substantial vehicles each time easily accommodating the four of us and all of our luggage. On both occasions the driver arrived slightly before the time requested for pick up to go to the port. The driver also offered a stop at a grocery store en-route in case there was anything we needed to get before boarding the ship. Don't recall any issues with the pick up on disembarkation. Another advantage of a limo transfer is that you choose the time you want to get to the port.

Was it cheaper to use then to just use the Magical Express? Or was it a matter of conveinence for you? We go in OCt and we will be going from WDW resort to ship then from ship back to WDW resort. 4 of us.

Another vote for Happy Limo. We used them last year and they were early and even brought a bigger van than I ordered. It was great having the extra room.

I've found renting a car for a family of 5 is the cheapest way to go. Booked Budget for a Ford Escape for $67.00 total, including taxes and fees.

DH and I decided to take a limo this trip. Since it's our 25th, we are going to live it up a little bit, and avoid all driving this time.
We are going to book Happy Limo. What would be a good pick up time from WDW? I am thinking 10:30. We usually get to the port at 10:00 so the kids could have a meet & greet, but with just the 2 of us, that's not so much of an issue. I am guessing leaving WDW at 10:30 would have us arriving to the port around 11:30, so there will be less waiting around after we get checked in, but we will be there before the DCL busses.
Thoughts?

Another question:
Will HL make a grocery stop on a one-way trip, and is there a charge to do so? I am thinking we probably won't need it, but just in case...

Newbie to Cruising here so bear with me, but if you are going from a disney resort to the port and back to a disney resort, does it still cost the same as going to and from the airport?

We have used Happy Limo, Southern Elegance, and FL Tours - never had a problem with any of them! All did a grocery stop on the way to port. This is not only cheaper than using the Disney transfer but also much more convenient and relaxing. A couple of times we've had free upgrades to a limo but the towncars have always been very comfortable.

Ash, I believe it is the same cost, airport to port or resort to port. We actually went airport to port, then on the way back, port to resort, with no price difference.

We have a cruise booked for next year, 4 adults going so far. May I ask what some have paid for towncars/vans/whatever from resort to port? Just trying to get an idea :)

I've used Happy Limo for my daughter's 16th bday & for her prom and we were very pleased. I will definitely use them to transport us to the port as well.

Ash, I believe it is the same cost, airport to port or resort to port. We actually went airport to port, then on the way back, port to resort, with no price difference.

We have a cruise booked for next year, 4 adults going so far. May I ask what some have paid for towncars/vans/whatever from resort to port? Just trying to get an idea :)

I just booked Happy Limo from Disney to the port for next January. The quoted cost is $121 for a one-way transport. From a Magic Kingdom Resort, the cost is $132 (Poly, CR, WL, GF, not sure if others are MK resorts)

Also, I plan on a 20% gratuity for the driver.

HTH

How long does it usually take to get the email confirmation? I reserved over the phone and didn't get the res#, but they said they would email it to me.

Was it cheaper to use then to just use the Magical Express? Or was it a matter of conveinence for you? We go in OCt and we will be going from WDW resort to ship then from ship back to WDW resort. 4 of us.

Disney transfers are cheaper for a party of one or two, and about equal for a party of three. If you have four or more in your party, a limo is less per person. Another advantage is the ability to specify what time you want to be picked up, which can be earlier than a Disney bus, if that is important to you.

DH and I decided to take a limo this trip. Since it's our 25th, we are going to live it up a little bit, and avoid all driving this time.
We are going to book Happy Limo. What would be a good pick up time from WDW? I am thinking 10:30. We usually get to the port at 10:00 so the kids could have a meet & greet, but with just the 2 of us, that's not so much of an issue. I am guessing leaving WDW at 10:30 would have us arriving to the port around 11:30, so there will be less waiting around after we get checked in, but we will be there before the DCL busses.
Thoughts?

Another question:
Will HL make a grocery stop on a one-way trip, and is there a charge to do so? I am thinking we probably won't need it, but just in case...

Plan about an hour and 15 minutes from WDW resort to the terminal. Happy Limo will make a grocery stop for no extra charge. Just add about 15 minutes onto your travel time.

Do check into Spaceport Transport. I cannot say enough great things about this company, and for us their rate was much lower than Happy Limo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter