Limo service help

kirbsam

<marquee><font color=green>Everyone at the nude be
It is finally time to make my reservations for limo service from the airport. I will be making a grocery stop, so I will not be using ME so please nobody needs to suggest that. I know of all the services that people talk about on the boards, and I would like to know if there are any that you really think are outstanding, or any that you really think are too hit and miss. Thanks for your time.

We used Tiffany Town Car for the first time in June 2005...my Dsis used them in October 2004...we both had great experiences with them.

They were waiting for us as we came down the escalator and Marcus (who was our driver from the airport) insisted on carrying the baggage...DH and DS helped with some, but Marcus wouldn't let me carry anything...lol The drive was very pleasant both going to and from WDW. The grocery stop was easy...Marcus took us to the Publix which was huge...had everything we needed.

On the return our driver actually arrived about 20 minutes earlier than we were told, which was fine. He did not rush us along in any way...we had been at Epcot for the day and when we got off the bus a little after 4pm, there he was. DH instructed the bell service to get our bags, we all had a potty break, and while DH and the driver took care of loading the car, DS and I grabbed a couple bottles drinks for the road. We had a leisurely drive back to the airport, arrived with ample time to get checked in, have a snack since we had a 6:30pm flight, and not feel rushed.

I have the 2005 edition of the Passporter's Guide to WDW, which saved me $8 on the roundtrip cost of the towncar just by showing the book. We plan to use the service again for our December trip.

I've used Florida Tours three times and have had a wonderful experience every time. They're also a sponsor of the DIS Boards! :)

I've heard great things about Sunray on these boards. I think we will be using them in April. If you are a member of the Mouse For Less website you get $8.00 off your total cost. Sunray.com or 1-800-204-4355. :cool1:

Here's another vote for Jim at Golden Limo! He treats you like family (the ones you like). We can't wait to see him again in Dec.

We used Prestige Town Cars in June and were very happy with the service. We had a great driver (same one) for both ends of the trip. Their price was lower than most back in June and they also had a $5.00 coupon if you booked via their web site....I think it's prestigetowncars.com.
They have merged with Tiffany Town Cars so I'm not sure if they are still operating as separate companies.

Yet another vote for Golden Limo! :cloud9:

Jim was great to talk to and extremely accommodating. Ian was our driver and was very sweet. He even took us from MCO to the Royal Pacific via I-Drive (without our request) since this was our first time in Florida. He was great.

There were 4 adults & 4 kids in our group. Myself & my neice had to check our rentals (2) out at National, but wanted to ride in the Limo (beautiful black stretch--a surprise for the children) with the kids. My husband would drive the van & my nephew would drive their G6. Ian took the time to coordinate the swap with so much ease and the guys were able to stay behind us the entire trip. Again, he was great! :love1:

Well, I HIGHLY recommend Southern Elegance.

I didn't want to post because I don't want them to become too busy that I cannot book them, ;) but I owe it to them to mention them as they have been nothing but top notch in every way. I have used them 5 times in the past year rt from MCO/WDW resorts.

They are just fabulous. Nice, personable & professional drivers, gorgeous new cars filled with cool gadgets that they take the time to explain how to use, and most importantly they have been absolutely reliable and responsible.

They will bring a giant stuffed Mickey, Minnie, or Goofy to ride along with you. The limos we have been in have had several tvs (3 to 5 in one car) with Disney DVDs playing when you ride. Cold sodas for you. It is just a treat to be picked up at MCO by them! The drivers have always been on time & met us at MCO with our name on a sign and helped us (actually tried to do it themselves) get our luggage from the carousels. They are always very nice and repectful to my kids, also.

I feel great having found Southern Elegance for our WDW vacations. Now I wish I could find as wonderful a company up here in IL to get us to Midway or O'Hare. :confused3

Happy planning!

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

We booked with quicksilver. I noticed they haven't been mentioned here. Should I reconsider? They are supposed to make a 30 min grocery stop and include the booster seat for DD.

Spedtchr,

Keep you ressie with Quicksilver! They're Great! I've used them and referred several of my friends and family to them. Everyone agreed-great service! If you have any reservations, give Gregory a call. He will ease your mind. We'll be using them again in Dec.! :cool1:

FL. Tours 5 times with no problems,friendly and safe drivers and clean cars each time. :goodvibes :wizard: :wave2:

Okiemom said:
What is Southern Elegence Website? Does it post the prices?

www. ******************************* Well, I tried to post their website, but it came up as the above.

It is just their name , Southern Elegance Limousines and no spaces .com

They do post all the rates. They are WONDERFUL. SO GLAD I found them. I have tried several companies over the years and nothing compares to them.

Happy planning!

We used FL tours in December last year. The driver was courteous and safe. The car was very clean. The driver was very patient as it took FOREVER to get our bags at baggage claim. We were going to do a grocery stop at Publix but decided not to. It wasn't a big deal since we were going to Pop Century for Saturday before OKW for 3 nights and were anxious to get going.

FL tours was wonderful as they called us before we left Houston and then made good recommendations on the amount of time to allow at MCO. They were right on target and the driver for our return trip was wonderful as well. They were friendly and safe.

We used them because we had heard so many good things about the company from this board and didn't want to get trapped on a never ending Mears shuttle.

Is it worth spending the money for a car now that Disney has the magical express? What's your opnions?

Lives4Disney said:
Well, I HIGHLY recommend Southern Elegance.

I didn't want to post because I don't want them to become too busy that I cannot book them, ;) but I owe it to them to mention them as they have been nothing but top notch in every way. I have used them 5 times in the past year rt from MCO/WDW resorts.

They are just fabulous. Nice, personable & professional drivers, gorgeous new cars filled with cool gadgets that they take the time to explain how to use, and most importantly they have been absolutely reliable and responsible.

They will bring a giant stuffed Mickey, Minnie, or Goofy to ride along with you. The limos we have been in have had several tvs (3 to 5 in one car) with Disney DVDs playing when you ride. Cold sodas for you. It is just a treat to be picked up at MCO by them! The drivers have always been on time & met us at MCO with our name on a sign and helped us (actually tried to do it themselves) get our luggage from the carousels. They are always very nice and repectful to my kids, also.

I feel great having found Southern Elegance for our WDW vacations. Now I wish I could find as wonderful a company up here in IL to get us to Midway or O'Hare. :confused3

Happy planning!

I second the recommendation for Southern Elegance. DH & I used them for our New Year's trip, and we'll be using them again in January. Fabulous service....very friendly and helpful drivers. We reserved a town car, which was immaculatev, and we were upgraded to a limo for our return to the airport. Quite fun traveling with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, even if it was just DH and I. :teeth:

ducklite said:
Outstanding would be Golden Limo, who have never had a negative thing said about them on this board.

http://www.goldenlimofla.com/index.html

Anne

I'd really like to try them, but I don't trust a site that doesn't put their prices up front. If they'd do that, I'd certainly give them a try.

Booking myself this AM, and I'm going with FL tours, I guess - mostly because they have the most comprehensive website.

N.E.D.

I like Tiffany towncar. We've used them 5 times and the service was always great. Max is our favorite driver. Stay away from Cartier. I'm not sure they are still in business but do not use them! They left us twice without a ride and we had to get cabs back to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter