• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

limo or shuttle service to and from John Wayne Airport to Disney Resort

carisa81

Mouseketeer
We used a great limo service in February when we went to Disneyland, but I can't remember who we used. My dad paid for it and he can't find his old statement. We were picked up in an Escalade, I believe. Driver was prompt and polite. Has anyone used a good service they would recommend?

We used a limo service in the past but I don't recall the company. Now we always use Uber, always a good experience. DH uses them all the time for business travel and now for family travel also.

Can someone tell me more about Uber. I keep hearing about it but it sounds strange to me. The website doesn't give much info. I'd love to hear some experiences.

i've used Uber many times, including from our hotel in Anaheim to John Wayne airport just the other day. never had any problems and recommend the service.

it's all smartphone based, so you download the app, set up an account, and then you can request a pickup using the map. once you request a pickup, you wait for a nearby driver to accept the ride, and then you can track how far away they are in the app. once the driver is close they'll give you a call to get your exact location and you're on your way!

there's different levels from uberX to uberLUX. uberX is the cheapest and you'd be picked up in a Toyota Avalon or similar class of car. uberXL would be a smaller SUV like a Ford Explorer, uberSUV would be a full-size SUV like a Chevy Suburban.

if you're looking for something similar to a limo service, you'd go with uberPLUS or uberBLACK which would be different levels of luxury cars. the one time i took an uberBLACK i was in a really nice BMW 5-class.

if you've never taken an Uber before you can get a coupon for $20 off your first ride by using a referral code. i'd be happy to give you mine if you choose to go that route.

Thanks for the recommendations! Uber sounds interesting. I know a lot of people who use it.

We just booked Lansky due to reviews I read on here. We are traveling with a 2 year old, so not bringing a huge car sear will be a huge plus! Plus they make a complimentary stop at a grocery store stop. We are paying $180 round trip.

We use Affordable Town Car Services (aka Sunny's Transportation) every time we go. They have a large SUV available, and include free child seats if that applies to you. Sanjay and his company get excellent reviews on Yelp. We love him!

Last time we did this we used uber black. It was 45 dollars and we were picked up in a really nice suburban. As long as u avoid peak pricing with uber it is well worth it. Costs the same as a cab and it is way better.

Can someone tell me more about Uber. I keep hearing about it but it sounds strange to me. The website doesn't give much info. I'd love to hear some experiences.

Just normal people with cars who want to ferry people around for money. A friend of mine in Los Angeles is an Uber driver, and he's loving it. (he's also peripherally in the Hollywood world, and loves meeting people and getting their stories as some sort of "this will make me a better actor/writer" exercise) They aren't cab drivers with all the licenses etc (which is why cab companies and their lobbyists flip out about it, and why, despite my friend, I personally will never use it especially if alone).

OP was it Harold's limo service? I've definitely read about him on the boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter