Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment!

They have had better ones. I will admit to that. However, we don't know what decisions were made about this one. We don't know a budget. We don't know what they might have planned next year. We don't know any of the reasoning behind this.

What I am trying to say is that we are looking at this in a vacuum. As such, we can not make an educated and informed opinion about it. Yet so many here seem to think they could do better without knowing anything about the reasons behind the promotion.

But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck... Yeah, a lame one. It doesn't matter how big the duck's budget is, or what the duck might have up his feathers for next year, or the next millenium, or whatever. This is DISNEY. That in all their proven greatness, the best they could come up with is freakin' SOUP, is some exponent of lame/mind-boggling/unspeakably ridiculous. :sad2:

but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck... Yeah, a lame one. It doesn't matter how big the duck's budget is, or what the duck might have up his feathers for next year, or the next millenium, or whatever. This is disney. That in all their proven greatness, the best they could come up with is freakin' soup, is some exponent of lame/mind-boggling/unspeakably ridiculous. :sad2:

no soup for you! :)

.....OK, that's odd. I did that in all caps. That loses somethng in all lowercase! Is there a "no caps" rule I don't know about?

Does anyone know what the limited magic will be for June or July?? Any heads up??

I read in an early announcement that there would be a week celebrating Independence Day, along with the ones we already know about on Valentines Week and the Villains thing on September 13. Other than those three, there have been no announcements for any other week of the year more than a few days in advance.

Does anyone know what the limited magic will be for June or July?? Any heads up??

AllEars has a nice summary of what's been done to date and any upcoming ones they know about: http://allears.net/tp/limited-time-magic.htm#future

Here's what they have on Future LTM:
FUTURE LIMITED TIME MAGIC

JULY

Independence Week: It's red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.

SEPTEMBER

Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney's Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.

DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the "Original Boy Band" and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

If you're on Twitter, follow @WaltDisneyWorld. They announce new promo weeks there, and provide some coverage and updates once they're in progress.

no soup for you! :)

.....OK, that's odd. I did that in all caps. That loses somethng in all lowercase! Is there a "no caps" rule I don't know about?

Not anymore.

I assume it's to cut down on screaming.

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the "Original Boy Band" and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

OK, i wouldn't make a special trip to WDW to see this, but i would certainly seek it out if i was already on WDW property. my crew would LOVE this!

These events don't cost much to Disney ie they already have the lost friends costumes, Dapper Dans throw in some new songs, get the villain costumes out of the cupboard- they should throw these things in randomly every so often every year- great way to add a surprise to a guests day.
As a promotion- hyped up on New Years eve- not a great idea- especially after (as someone said) they had promotions like a year of a million dreams.
I like these idea of seeing these characters and it would be a great surprise. When I went to DLP I was excited to see some new faces- but in WDW I know I get Ariel here and Belle here- which is great- but surprises would be a fun addition.

Wow. I told a poster on another thread that he was coming down kind of hard on the complainers, but after reading this thread I see why.

Geez people. As PPs have said, you all are still going to WDW this year. If you don't like the product, vote with your dollars. IMHO, I think some of this stuff sounds like fun.

mesaboy2 said:
I read in an early announcement that there would be a week celebrating Independence Day, along with the ones we already know about on Valentines Week and the Villains thing on September 13. Other than those three, there have been no announcements for any other week of the year more than a few days in advance.

I wish we were going to be there for the villains! But we are there (sadly) the week after SWW- which we are all bummed about- but it's Disney, we'll get over it! Lol and back again mid July. So I guess we miss out on THAT magic!

I was under the impression LTM will act like a flash sale or pop-up store~if so I can't think it's a viable concept for Disney:confused3

I hate to say it but alot of people on these boards are major planners and plan almost every detail of their trip down to their potty breaks. God forbid they get a "limited time magic" week that they didn't want or get to plan for. I think some people just need to take a deep breath, be greatful that they even get to go to Disney, and be happy with what they get.

I hate to say it but alot of people on these boards are major planners and plan almost every detail of their trip down to their potty breaks. God forbid they get a "limited time magic" week that they didn't want or get to plan for. I think some people just need to take a deep breath, be greatful that they even get to go to Disney, and be happy with what they get.

This is the crux of the problem with THIS particular promotion on THIS kind of board. There will be lots of angst and disappointment here for as long as this promotion runs.

I don't think anyone is all that upset about these lame LTM ideas, despite all the criticism. We're just calling it like we see it. It's not like anyone (that I've seen, anyway) is cancelling a trip or planning a trip based solely on LTM. So the "criticism of the criticism" is confusing. :confused3

I've been more often than not a Disney supporter on these boards. Many of the things people here on the DIS have been up in arms about recently - such as FP enforcement, CC holds for ADRs, FP+ specualtion, monorail hours reduction - I've been pretty much on Disney's side (and in the case of the CC holds for ADRs, I was probably THE biggest supporter of that during the monster thread about it on the restaurant board). That said, so far, LTM has been a big swing and a miss. It will have no effect on my plans for our upcoming trip in APril. It will be nice if there is something "Magical" (it's in their name for the promotion, afterall), during my time there that we can take advantage of and enjoy. If there isn't...no big deal. I'm fairly certain, though, that even the biggest Disney fans (and we know there are those on here who will never see anything wrong with anything the mouse does), have a hard time seeing logos and soup as "Magical".

Where's the like button? :thumbsup2 I wish I could be planning a trip to WDW right now, but I'm unemployed and have been for awhile.

I don't mind at all, I am glad they offer these little surprise things! If we book a vacation and we happen upon a week that something happens, awesome, if not, still awesome!!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter