Limited avail. week after Thnxgvng.

SYDNCLAIRESMOM

curiouser and curiouser
Anyone know why I'm having trouble finding a room for the week following Thanksgiving? Specifically 11/28-12/6.
I cant get a room online at CR,WL,GF,or CS!! I thought that was one of the slowest weeks of the year. Whats going on down there that week? :confused3

I don't know there may be something, but I'd call CRO. I think booking on-line stinks! I don't know how such a big company can have such a bad system!

I know the WL books up fast from that point on for Christmas & the CR is undergoing (or at least I heard) renovations & some of it is closed. That would explain the 2 of them.

We have found the same thing when looking last weekend. I checked around for the week after Tgiving & room availability is tight!

We were there for Thanksgiving last year thru the Tuesday after. By then the parks had cleared out and the weather was gorgeous. My daughters and I wanted to extend our stay until Saturday, but there were NO rooms available at all when I phoned on Tuesday morning after Tgiving.

I don't know what goes on that week, and as I said the parks weren't especially crowded or we wouldn't have wanted to extend our stay. I thought it was supposed to be the "slow season" also.

Good luck! Bumping you up....

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

Mousefest is Beginning on Dec 1st (I think) so that might be part of it. Also, the Pop Warner kids start coming on on Dec. 3rd (again, I think) But it sounds odd to me. Especially since the Pop kids are often in the value or some Mods. I booked for this time frame because I've heard that it's a slower time of year. FYI - I booked at POP but way back in May, so maybe I was lucky to get in there early enough. Good luck!

I just booked Pop this week and had no problems. I really hope it's not crowded. What are the Pop Warner kids??

well most people now know that was one of the best times to go because of the lack of crowds, but more and more people seem to know about it now. so one of the best times to go isnt true anymore.

WDW has a Pop Warner tournament (or something) during the first full week of December. They are little football players and cheerleaders that have competitions during the day (so I'm told). I've heard that their presence is sometimes felt at the resorts, but they don't usually cause high attendance at the parks since they are competing during the day. However, one of the parks usually closes early at some point to allow unlimited access for the Pop Warner kids.

As for the resorts they stay in ... I've heard that they can be found at the values and some Mods. But I'm not certain about which ones and if they cause disturbances.

Anyone else have more information on them?

OK, that explains all those cheerleaders and football players at Pop Century last year, first week in December!! There were a lot of kids and they did make some noise practicing cheerleading at night and a little wild in the pool (I had to keep my 5 year-old away so he wouldn't get splashed, etc.) but overall not too bad. To tell you the truth I don't think I saw them at all at the bus stops or in the parks. We are staying at Pop Century again this year, same week. I wonder if they rotate hotels and will be staying at one of the all-stars this year.

Thanks for all your input. I'm especially frustrated by the lack of availability at CSR. That was my first choice. POR/FQ is available as is CBR and AKL so I cant feel too disappointed.

Park attendance is usually down at that time but occupancy at Disney resorts is very high due to the holidays.

SYDNCLAIRESMOM said:
Thanks for all your input. I'm especially frustrated by the lack of availability at CSR. That was my first choice. POR/FQ is available as is CBR and AKL so I cant feel too disappointed.

CSR has been booked for that time period since early this year. They must have a big convention going on then. It was my first choice as well, but they were only showing suite availability there since February.

I couldn't get anything at the WL or Poly for Dec 1-7. We do have reservations at CR Tower though.

I tried Nove 28 through Dec 6 and came up with these on Expedia:

All Stars movies, music, sports
Pop Century

CBR
POR
POFQ

Cabins
WL
OKW
AKL
Boardwalk and Villias

Most had various views left.

GOOD LUCK!!! :banana:

I heard that the CR has a convention the week after T-giving - my parents wanted to stay there from 11/29-12/2 back in May, and we couldn't find them any availability then, except in a junior suite.

I think a lot of locals might come up that weekend following T-giving, and rumor is that is also when they will be filming the Christmas Day parade. And yes, the Pop Warner folks will begin competing on 12/5, so if they come early...

Here's some pixie dust for all of us going during that time! :wizard:

klinlin said:
CSR has been booked for that time period since early this year. They must have a big convention going on then. It was my first choice as well, but they were only showing suite availability there since February.

We stayed at CSR first week of December last year and before we left it was showing as full - there were 2 very large conventions going on during our stay, but we never really show any of their people as they were always at some event or other. Overall the resort restaurants and buses were very very quiet, and the parks equally quiet (apart from weekends).

Well I got so frustrated by this that I went day by day between 11/24-12/6 to see what was available to CSR & WL.

Apparantly Nov 30 there is something going on at CSR because thats the only day I coudnt get a standard or water view.
Dec 1-3 is booked at WL but available the rest of my dates.

What I may do is book WL the first part of my trip and CSR the last. I kinda like that idea better anyway!! :sunny:

klinlin said:
If that's true, then the online system must be "in a funk". I booked 12/2/05 at CSR using the Best Rate Program just a few weeks ago. If CSR was all booked up, why would Disney offer AP discounts? IIRC, that whole week was available for AP discounts when I was checking the various resorts. Couldn't get any discounts at the deluxe resorts for that time, however.

Anyway, rather than booking online, my advice to the OP is to call CRO.

Best wishes-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter